It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts about dating an older person.. much older

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So.... this is new to me but I'm more excited than anything else, I am 25 and she is 39, she's a beauty which I guess helps my excitement for this. we are not dating yet but she is very interested.. she said so her self. I'm surprised by how much I'm all for this, she's cool, nice, attractive.

so what do you all think about a relationship like this? honestly, have you or are you in a relationship like this or know anyone who was or is? any advice?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev

I'd hit it and quit it.

Are y'all on the same maturity level?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just casual relationship? I think thats ok. If its too deep i think some factors may come about.

People have different fetish i guess.. i cant date anyone older than me.. even by a year... tried it, no "excitement".

Its psychological, thats how we are wired.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If you want children, I would think long and hard first.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My Beloved is 16 years my senior. We've been together for over 30 years, married for nearly 25 of those years. We've never had age-difference problems. Oh, sure, we endured the "trophy wife" and "mid-life crisis" jabs but we always just chuckled at them. Just be honest and open with each other and enjoy the journey.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It depends on what you are looking for. It also depends on what she is looking for.

I was in a relationship with a woman 18 years older than me for almost 10 years. The one thing that we battled with was her fear that I would find someone younger. It was bad enough that she completely isolated me from my friends and tried to isolate me from my family.

There were other issues that I won't go into here, but suffice it to say that there were mental and medical issues that ended in her death.

I loved her, but I feel like I wasted those 10 years. However, without that experience I wouldn't be the man that I am today.

I would say have fun. Just remember that she is always going to be 14 years older than you.
edit on 10/11/2015 by wshadow1 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Emotional maturity is most important than actual age, I have dated younger and older than me some older women are just cray cray while some younger ones are on the ball, also drop dead gorgeous can be ugly on the inside not saying looks aren't important but I can handle a few flaws.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
She may stick some holes in the condoms with a pin....

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Long term? Run like the wind.
Short term? Have some fun.
Just imagine in 30 years you'll be 55 and she will be 64.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Make sure she is into polyamory.

That way you can still enjoy your libido when her libido shows its true colors. Also, sexual frustration will not destroy a good relationship that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2

I'd hit it and quit it.

Are y'all on the same maturity level?

honestly friends with benefits was what I thought she wanted by what she was saying and I thought she was with someone but she's not

ya I think same level, 2 adults working at the same job, same position, same thoughts about how bad and good it is. etc etc

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What if she is a great person and he end up with some younger bonehead some older women can be hot looking also.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Just casual relationship? I think thats ok. If its too deep i think some factors may come about.

People have different fetish i guess.. i cant date anyone older than me.. even by a year... tried it, no "excitement".

Its psychological, thats how we are wired.

I don't know yet how deep it'll get. I do want kids and I know her age might cause problems with that, plus an exgf had a miscarriage so I'm hoping I can have kids myself so there's a few problems, a kid is really my 1 and only goal in life that is set

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
My Beloved is 16 years my senior. We've been together for over 30 years, married for nearly 25 of those years. We've never had age-difference problems. Oh, sure, we endured the "trophy wife" and "mid-life crisis" jabs but we always just chuckled at them. Just be honest and open with each other and enjoy the journey.

ya that is 1 thing I sorta worry about from my family but I'm honestly not as worried about it as I thought I would be... I guess I am really interested in her.. alot

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wshadow1
It depends on what you are looking for. It also depends on what she is looking for.

I was in a relationship with a woman 18 years older than me for almost 10 years. The one thing that we battled with was her fear that I would find someone younger. It was bad enough that she completely isolated me from my friends and tried to isolate me from my family.

There were other issues that I won't go into here, but suffice it to say that there were mental and medical issues that ended in her death.

I loved her, but I feel like I wasted those 10 years. However, without that experience I wouldn't be the man that I am today.

I would say have fun. Just remember that she is always going to be 14 years older than you.

ya earlier death and less likely for kids... 2 big problems
but if she's the type to make me not talk or hang out with friends at all and delete friends then no.. I'm out.. no relationship

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Emotional maturity is most important than actual age, I have dated younger and older than me some older women are just cray cray while some younger ones are on the ball, also drop dead gorgeous can be ugly on the inside not saying looks aren't important but I can handle a few flaws.
of course, the best looking and be the worse person and vice versa, which is 1 reason I like to get to know someone before dating

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
She may stick some holes in the condoms with a pin....
fine by me, i want kids... if either of us are even able to have em

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
being that old doesn't seem as bad as 25/39 but 26/40... maybe weird, numbers are weird but hey.. if she's as awesome as this age and older... I'll be totally fine

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's very doable. Make sure you have a lot in common and want and need the same things in life, as with any relationship.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
just to add.... we already kissed. was a bit rushed on my part tho because I was a bit nervous and wasn't sure how she'd react and I was a hurry to clock back into work.. (was 3 minutes late because I kissed her but don't care)
first hugged her from the side as I kissed her cheek, then as she walked around I got closer and kissed her lips... she knew what I was doing but something went wrong.. still touched lips tho and I loved it and she seemed to too.. I think

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join