It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever have poutine?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yup, it's amazing and you can get it anywhere in Canada BUT if you want the best you have to go to Montreal. There's this one place on the island that is..... I've got no words for how good that was.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Always wanted to try this and want to even more now, closest place that sells it is 30 miles from me, gonna make the trip out there soon I think.

Anything I should know to make sure I get an authentic, well as close as possible anyway, experience?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Anything I should know to make sure I get an authentic, well as close as possible anyway, experience?

It is all aboot the gravy.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I see what you did there.

What kind of gravy should it be?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I see what you did there.

Eh?

What kind of gravy should it be?

Just the right consistency to reach the bottom fries without being to watery and with enough pepper to taste it.

Now I want to drive to Montreal.

edit on 11-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is all aboot the gravy.

Yes it is. THAT is what makes it. You have excellent gravy the cheese may mean less. Best cheese in the world doesn't cover a bad gravy though.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Now I want to drive to Montreal.

Piece of advice? That's OK. Don't drive once you get there. It's the most insane I've ever seen. Lanes are just suggestions. Pedestrians RULE and will walk out in front of you constantly. Don't get me going on the cyclists.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Piece of advice? That's OK. Don't drive once you get there. It's the most insane I've ever seen. Lanes are just suggestions. Pedestrians RULE and will walk out in front of you constantly. Don't get me going on the cyclists.

I remember. Plus the potholes were atrocious.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thank You very much! And to you and yours as well.
Dinner was great. Finished it off with an ice cream cake from dairy queen.
Tomorrows dinner though, poutines!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Never been to Canadia, so I can't be sure. BUt i've made what looks like poutine, and tasted like what I have seen described. I used all the ingredients you'd expect in poutine. And it was good. If i ever get to Canadia, ill have some to verify that I did, indeed, make poutine.

That said, im just as happy having my fries with white gravy/country gravy (bechamel, for my euro friends). Even better: covered in cheddar, jalapenos, green onion, and bacon, then thrown back in the salamandar to melt the cheese. Dip it in (what else?) Ranch.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It has to be cheese curds to be genuine poutine, they have a unique texture and flavor. You can buy cheese curds (at least here in Canada you can), and make your own gravy, personally I like to use beef gravy, it's richer and more Acadian imho. My favorite is taking left over pulled pork, and making it into pulled pork poutine.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Read the title and couldn't resist
a grin. Good memories for me...i live in the southern US and went to meet a girl from Canada i met online and never had anything anything so good. Now about the poutine...it was soo yum, at first taste I felt my country was a bit lagging behind as I'd not even heard of this amazing food. Had a great time up there..."wish I could turn back time." Lol

reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The next step is to add diced green onion and sour cream topped with salt and pepper and real bacon bits. Also when your drunk it's even better to chow down on. I suggest pyrogie poutine as well.

I eat poutine almost weekly it's even served at Mc Donald's

a reply to: TinySickTears

top topics

<< 1   >>

join