It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Saudi Arabia agree to Cooperate in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Russian President Vladimir Putin met Saudi Arabia's defense minister on Sunday, in Moscow's biggest attempt so far to reach out to enemies of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad since Russia joined the conflict with air strikes.

Wait, now Saudi's and Russians are together ? I assume that Russia's focus will be primarily on Northern and Western Syria while S.A will focus on Southern ? So no what is going on ? Saudi's suddenly switch sides ? U.S is nowhere in the picture, i assume Saudi's decided it was better to change sides before its too late. They are already getting bogged down in Yemen.

www.bbc.com...

Meanwhile Syrian army is making significant gains and the Rebels seems to be the most heavily affected by these bombings...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Is this before or after the Iraqi Airforce destroys Al Bahgdadi's convoy? LMAO.

Do you suppose the intelligence came from NATO or Russia?

raq’s Air Force has struck the convoy of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, but his fate is unknown, says a military statement cited by Reuters.
"Iraqi air forces have bombed the convoy of the terrorist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi while he was heading to Karabla to attend a meeting with Daesh [ISIS] commanders," the statement read.

The military gave no information about the fate of the terrorist leader.

www.rt.com...

Doesn't sound like they're needed to be honest.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Best news I've read all week, if it's true.

The head of the snake removed will be a massive boost in this fight.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

raq’s Air Force has struck the convoy of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, but his fate is unknown, says a military statement cited by Reuters.
"Iraqi air forces have bombed the convoy of the terrorist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi while he was heading to Karabla to attend a meeting with Daesh [ISIS] commanders," the statement read.

www.rt.com...

Isn't the first time AL Bhagdadi gets bombed and comes back from the grave. The folks killed in the bombing were Da'esh leaders, not Al Bhagdadi..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll post here what i posted in that thread

"It all makes sense now, Saudi's support the right for the Palestinian state, so Saudi's and Israeli's aren't really the best of friends. And relationships between Saudi's and U.S have fallen in recent years. I believe Saudi in return for support for the Palestinian cause from Russia made a deal to fight the militants in Syria ? "
edit on 11-10-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

So does it means ISIS are now allies with Russia?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

www.rt.com...

Isn't the first time AL Bhagdadi gets bombed and comes back from the grave. The folks killed in the bombing were Da'esh leaders, not Al Bhagdadi..

It was reported he was taken away but his condition is unknown. For all we know he could have bumper sticking out his bumper.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

So does it means ISIS are now allies with Russia?

It probably means ISIS and FSA lost their primary source of funds .. Saudi's have been funding the Rebels with TOW's which has been blowing up Syrian Army Tanks and armored vehicles. ISIS and Rebels(FSA) will most likely loose one source of funds and weapons supply...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Then who is the next boogyman now that Al Qaida and ISIS are no longer needed?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

The "Bear" itself, considering the way things are going.. Nobody is going to buy into another terrorist boogeyman. Even Saudi's are fed up... lol
edit on 11-10-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't believe any of this for all the tea in China.

The whole thing is a ruse.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Its amazing what a few dozen missiles launched from the Caspean Sea can accomplish . Turkey is coming apart .The US pulls it's battal ships out ,Saudis going to cooperate .....I wonder if the Saudi's also took back that threat for ISIS fighters to start actions against Russia or if " Top Ukraine Official Wants to Facilitate ISIS Attacks in Russia
An advisor to the Interior Minister says Ukrainians should help identify Russians involved in Syria for ISIS to kill " russia-insider.com...

For a small guy ,Mr Putin carries a mighty big stick it seems . To bad he is so isolated himself eh ? lol

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh come on now ....play along at least until the next news cycle . It could actually be true and if it is then every one will say "see I told you " lol

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Either Russia is the good guy trying to work for peaceful and political changes to the ME or It's all part of plan B.

What is Plan B?

Set up America as the fall guy for all that's evil in the world, while the elitists step in and declare peace trying to distance themselves from a failed US policy.

I realize I am being cynical but I don't trust any of the worlds leaders. Russia might be the good guy but they sure did sit back and do nothing while the US was attempting to colonize the world, except in Ukraine.

Add - And I believe Russia has every right to be in Syria and support Assad their ally. They are doing nothing illegal in Syria, if there are other financial motives that mean little to me since they were invited by a sovereign nation facing terrorism.

edit on 11-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Russia have been repositioning their military satelites. One is inbetween two American satellites.

spacenews.com...

WASHINGTON — A mysterious Russian military satellite parked itself between two Intelsat satellites in geosynchronous orbit for five months this year, alarming company executives and leading to classified meetings among U.S. government officials. - See more at: spacenews.com...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I do think that the US and Europe should step back from Syria and let the Russians solve this issue.
And also should we give them the lead and support if they ask for it .

We should concentrate more on how to re-establish and restore the trade and the international boycott of Russia and try to get our economies back on track.

Let the Russians have the Crimea region and control it, they had it for decades before.

I've had it with all those wars , it's f^%$#g depressing

I wonder when it was when I saw something positive happening on television.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We just thought we won the Cold War,

ATS Thread on Golitsyn

Putin is rapidly filling a power vacuum presented and served up on a platter by the current U.S. Administration and its former SofS Hillary Clinton and further exacerbated by current SofS John Kerry.

It is as if a fiction book predicted that a U.S. President turned coat and assured political defeat as well as possible military defeat - except this is reality.

Events are being driven so fast by Putin that the U.S. Administration cannot deal with single issues timely enough to make any difference in outcomes or direction.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

news.yahoo.com...

Russian President Vladimir Putin met Saudi Arabia's defense minister on Sunday, in Moscow's biggest attempt so far to reach out to enemies of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad since Russia joined the conflict with air strikes.

Wait, now Saudi's and Russians are together ? I assume that Russia's focus will be primarily on Northern and Western Syria while S.A will focus on Southern ? So no what is going on ? Saudi's suddenly switch sides ? U.S is nowhere in the picture, i assume Saudi's decided it was better to change sides before its too late. They are already getting bogged down in Yemen.

www.bbc.com...

Meanwhile Syrian army is making significant gains and the Rebels seems to be the most heavily affected by these bombings...

Saudi Arabia actally whent to Russia a long time ago. When the US forced oil sanctions on Russia.

Who do think is actually loosing on that deal? No one is loosing more on the oil sanctions than Saudi Arabia.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The "Nexus Phase" of Replicants.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

What do you think the accidental hot mic incident on 3/26/2012 was about then...???

Obama was caught saying that after the election he would have more flexibility.

Think about it.
edit on 10/11/2015 by Bleeeargh because: Spelling correction(fat fingers syndrome)

edit on 10/11/2015 by Bleeeargh because: Added punctuation

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh
a reply to: Phoenix

What do you think the accidental hot mic incident on 3/26/2012 was about then...???

Obama was caught saying that after the election he would have more flexibility.

Think about it.

exactly what I was thinking too

This is all planned

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join