It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamir Rice shooting was 'reasonable,' two experts conclude

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The larger issue we have is why cops are so on edge and afraid to try to deescalate situations with other methods. It does seem police are often times too quick to draw their weapons in situations.

I do not believe it is necessarily "fear" that keeps them from de-escalating....It is the training.
"Violence of action" training is a must for the military, obviously. But when applied to police who lack the other training that those in the military receive (though sometimes to no avail) it gets people senselessly killed.

De-escalation tactics need to be a large part of the training. It doesn't appear that that is the case.

I'll ask you the same question that a poster above asked another in this thread.
Why was simply having the gun enough to get him shot?
If I was sitting at that bench cleaning my legally owned weapon, would they be justified in shooting me simply because "he's got a gun, I feared for my life"?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The usage of 'Survival Bias' to support an argument immediately eviscerates said argument.

The fact that you have not been shot does not indicate that you should NOT have been shot. You could have been shot for at least two things here.

1. Someone commenting on a 12 y/o BLACK kid's death, using a confederate battle flag motif (Please don't say, "It's the fiddle song that I love.") in his signature adds no effing credibility to their take on the situation.

2. The ASSUMPTION that the child was reared poorly from this film is so freaking astonishing. To do so means you are obviously blessed with profound gifts of ESP. Because that cop blew that kid away away in an instant with no overt action to trigger it.

How the hell are you still a moderator? As a matter of fact, how come you aren't dead for being such a merciless fascist?

Stating a pre-pubescent boy has to know every means of surviving a solitary city park excursion and to apply those lessons diligently, with no errors, sort of defeats the purpose of parks. They are meant for you to run around and act differently than you do in the living room.

I know only what is presented here by you about you. The kid's actions fit into being a normal kid. Thus you are not only not normal (Imposing/justifying death sanctions on a BLACK kid while parading your prejudiced #$%.) but a bigot.

Screw off.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

How do you know it was a poor tactic?

When driving with urgency looking for an armed suspect, there are times you're going to spot them at the last second... it happens. Cops don't always going get the tactical choices they'd like in fluid situations and have to make split second decisions to deal with the reality of their positioning.

It could be the officer placed himself in immediate harms way to confront the suspect & shield bystanders, which cops are trained to do.

What did the field of fire look like?.. its best to avoid approaching armed suspects where you'll be shooting in the direction of bystanders, duh, which might necessitate rolling up close... sacrificing tactical advantage & officer safety to get a better shot and avoid stay bullets striking people near by.

You weren't there, don't know what the officer knew at the time, and are tactically clueless...

<< 1   >>

join