It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Trudeau: "Dude, What have you done with my hope and change?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
According to an editorial in the Toronto Star this morning, Justin Trudeau is ready to become Prime Minister of Canada. This view is expressed in a lather of bubble blown blather, as you can see.

www.thestar.com...

Canadians are a decent, progressive people who deserve a decent, progressive government that holds out the prospect of a better and more constructive future.

Fortunately, when they go to the polls on Oct. 19 voters will be able to choose a strong, hopeful alternative to the Harper Conservatives: Justin Trudeau and the Liberal party. They have crafted an alternative vision for the country that deserves the support of those who believe Canada can be more generous, more ambitious and more successful.

I think Mr. Trudeau is going to be offering Canadians much the same world that he will have been handed by Mr. Harper's Conservatives, if that party loses the election.

www.thestar.com...

On October 8, 2015, for example, Mr. Trudeau pledged $2.6 billion in "SmartTrack" funding from the federal government, if he is elected, but Toronto voters needn't bother going to the extreme of turning out the current Prime Minister, if all they want is the $2.6 billion for transit development, because in June Mr. Harper promised, wait for it, $2.6 billion for "SmartTrack".

John Tory, Deputy Mayor of Toronto, was present when Harper made his commitment and also welcomed the Trudeau announcement when it was made.

The Mayor of Toronto, and Premier of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne, isn't mentioned in the linked account, but I am sure she yawned her approval.

The title of this thread really should be Harper and Trudeau: A Shared Vision.

People who read my threads on the election for Mayor in Toronto will know that figures in the range of $7 billion to $9 billion were being bandied about as the cost of a Toronto transit upgrade. $2.6 billion is roughly one third of that estimated cost. People familiar with the traditionally lamentable sort of deal that Toronto gets into with its development "partners", as pointed out in several of my Toronto election threads, will know that if things go according to form, the city and province will be on the hook, each, for another third of the cost of upgrading transit.

Again, the knowledgeable will know that because the City of Toronto has few and meager options for taxation, compared to the other two levels of government, new taxes will have to be invented by the city to pay off the costs of transit expansion.

Roughly 92% of Toronto taxpayers tax dollars go to the province and the federal governments. The cost to the city, of transit upgrading, will have to come out of the remaining 8 cents of each tax dollar, the city sees.

The bottom line is that Justin Trudeau is, as the Toronto Star says, "ready". The voice of cosmetic change in the country is ready to follow patterns of governance set in stone, over which he, and you, have no control.

Trudeau is a fresh face. He is a shiny new mask being flashed around to fool people. Vote Trudeau. He's "ready".
edit on 10-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Trudeau, like his father is/was a joke. Canada is in the abhorrent state it is in due to PE Trudeau's privatizing the bank of canada in 1974. Government Loans went from the 1973 level of 15 billion to about 600 billion in 4 years. We now sit at somewhere between 1.2 and 1.5 trillion, owed to the IMF via shareholder banks. It doesn't help that the BOC is controlled by assclowns approved by the IMF.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Between allegedly mentally unstable mothers and Jesuit trained fathers, hope and change, rofl. More like am increased level of dysfunction by orders magnitude.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/10.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

So what both Justin and Steve are saying is that if elected we will make sure the 2.6 billion will go in the pockets of our guys ,while you tax payers will pick up the real cost for your transit needs ...or am I missing something ? Has the NDP made or talked about the transit issues for Toronto ? It's not a story I have been following very closely and you would be my go-to to asks as I have read most of your threads ....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You are totally correct with this. Mind you the NDP and Green parties are just as scary and insane...and useless. I still plan to vote, but I have a feeling it'll be another abstention.

I like this guys attitude

Mr. Lahey Votes!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

When the Liberals lost the last general election, Justin Trudeau commented that it was because Liberal bag men had been outperformed by Conservative bag men, i.e., that Conservative operatives seeking support from individuals and corporations were able to offer more in the way of plum contracts in exchange for "support", however defined.

Mr. Trudeau's much ballyhooed (by the Toronto Star) push on infrastructure spending is an effort aimed at putting ammo into the bags of Liberal bag men, as well as a much needed alteration of direction for the Federal government.

Stephen Harper has made similar noises on spending.

I think both parties know that we need to spend more money at home, or drive much harder bargains with the Americans, if they want us to keep Lockheed-Martin on the Canadian welfare roll.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't care who wins, as long as it is not Harper and his Conservatives.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The thing to do is to go back and read some of those election for Mayor threads. Remember, Olivia Chow essentially "stood down" during the provincial election that brought Kathleen Wynne to power in the province. (And it cost her in the subsequent city election for mayor.) I think both her and John Tory were onside with the Liberals on transit financing. If Olivia endorsed a three way split on transit costs, it's a good bet that that is the official NDP position.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Variety is the spice of life. The visuals will be different.

The Liberals have been attacking Harper for different reasons but one of them really caught my attention. They suggest he is at fault for aggravating Canada/US relations. Perhaps Mr. Harper is taking a leaf from the book of Lester Pearson, who was hoisted up by the lapels in the Oval Office by President Lyndon Johnson and ordered to "stop peeing on the rug" regarding the war in Vietnam.

Has Canada been lack lustre lately, in supporting any of Uncle Sam's enthusiasms?

Evidently Justin is going to be much more cooperative with the Americans than that cranky grump Stephen Harper and that is going to be much more soothing and placid for readers of The Star.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I hear a lot of this. Personally I think it is completely idiotic as it gives creedence to the other parties which are absolutely no better than the conservatives. They're just "different" on a small scale. HOPE & CHANGE though....right?

It basically paves the way for Canada's version of the US 2008 election. "Anyone but Bush!" ...where did that get them?

If you don't care. Spoil your vote, or just don't vote. Or move out of the country. Please.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
I don't care who wins, as long as it is not Harper and his Conservatives.

It's the attack ads that do it for me. Im not really a fan of any other party, yet Id see them win over Harper simply because of his stupid attack ads [and blatant cronyism]

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Canada has been in lock step with the Americans. Especially foreign policy. Lybia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia, Syria...................

Lack luster? I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Maybe you can enlighten me. How has Harper been aggravating the Americans?

Mulcair has recently said that Canadian armed forces have no business in Iraq?, Syria? Surely the destruction of ISIS might be a nice make work project for them over there.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I hear a lot of this. Personally I think it is completely idiotic as it gives creedence to the other parties which are absolutely no better than the conservatives

So we should let Conservatives stay in power? No thanks.

HOPE & CHANGE though....right? It basically paves the way for Canada's version of the US 2008 election. "Anyone but Bush!" ...where did that get them?

It got them out of two unjustified war, something Harper is so proud to Aid.

If you don't care. Spoil your vote, or just don't vote. Or move out of the country. Please.

I do care, and i will most likely vote for Liberals, a vote for NDP is like vote for conservatives anyway.
Time to make our army back being Peacekeepers, Not US's B****.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think Canadian forces should be peace keepers too and that Canada should recuse itself from any foreign policy developments that followed 9/11, which was a false flag attack engineered from within the US governmental infrastructure.

I think America's allies should all follow suit on that.

Having said that, America has got to put the evil genie it created, ISIS, out of business, and Canada should be helping in that since we helped put them in business by our disgraceful abuse of a UN mandate in Libya.

The Russians have been doing yeoman service in gently guiding the Americans back to real reality. Lavrov and Putin should have shared the Nobel Prize for preventing the NATO bombing of the legitimate and widely supported government of Syria.

We need more Lester Pearsons, not a Justin Trudeau. Harper if he is aggravating the Americans, is doing the right thing and should be doing more of it, particularly on the Middle East.

I do disagree with Harper's endorsement of Israel as a "Jewish State". I don't see how that can be seen as anything but a veiled endorsement of ethnic cleansing.

What do you think are the chances of Mulcair or Trudeau not endorsing Israel as a "Jewish State"? How about nil?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hahahahaha, you believe this system actually is real and it actually works? It's a joke at best! But I digress...

Everything you said is basically the same as everyone else I talk to.

I would be surprised if the conservatives gained another win too, but won't be flabbergasted if they do in fact win. I feel the country is becoming more divided among the left choices, and therefore may lead to another minority conservative government. Either way though, any choice will not make the country, or world, a better place. They are all cut from the same cloth.

I do agree that out military needs to come back home. So best to vote in that favor. However, how long till the next "event" that will "require" Canada to go to "war"?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Maybe you can enlighten me. How has Harper been aggravating the Americans?

Mulcair has recently said that Canadian armed forces have no business in Iraq?, Syria? Surely the destruction of ISIS might be a nice make work project for them over there.

He hasn't aggravated the US. Like I said, Harper is in lock step with the US, especially in respect to foreign policy.

If ISIS is truly the issue, then so are the rebels...and last I checked we aren't willing to do anything without American approval.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Trudeau shows us the progressive left hand while waiting to smash us with his right fist.

He's a total liar, he isn't against the TPP and he's not against seeling weapons to Southern Arabia, who probably sells back the weapons to ISIS. If Canadians really understood the ideologies behind the different parties and REALLY voted for their values, we wouldn't have the likes of Trudeau and Harper leading the senate.
edit on 10-10-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I guess the only aggravation that sticks out would be on the Keystone XL pipeline where Obama is really under seige by environmentalists and Canada would like to proceed, over objections here.

We may be in lock step in the Middle East if baby steps can ever be in lock step with giant strides. Canada is like a dinner table chuckler who doesn't really ever say anything (militarily) substantive.

Everybody knows that Turkey, our NATO ally is our main opponent in the ISIS/ISIL matter, but that is something that nobody wants to mention at the NATO dinner table, or at least, at their press conferences.

Somebody might start to suspect that ISIS/ISIL's chief enabler, Turkey, our NATO ally, is actually doing America's double dealing for them, or at least for a faction in the United States. People might start to think that American foreign policy is currently the object of a struggle for control of it, stateside. We wouldn't want something like that to cause apprehension among the readers of The Star.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

What do you think are the chances of Mulcair or Trudeau not endorsing Israel as a "Jewish State"? How about nil?

Not a fan of this "jewish State" but i hope We dont get involved or promote this. American are already involved, we dont want extra baggage.

In the end i dont want any Jews or Palestinians to die needlessly.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

In the end i dont want any Jews or Palestinians to die needlessly.

I am all for that. The Israel question is hugely complicated. I think it is still an open question whether a "Jewish State" is feasible without resort to activities which would be regarded as criminal in most other jurisdictions.

Love the Jews. They throw great parties, but . . .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join