It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More police abuse of power. But without the Racism.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok so here's another video of police officers overstepping their power and brutalizing a citizen. This time however we can hopefully discuss this one without all the Race issues clouding up the argument. This time it's a white woman, mother of two and white officers. So now that Race isn't a factor is it possible for us to address the on going police brutality which is happening in this country???

Let's start with the video.

And the story.

A woman in Carlsbad, California is suing police after an officer punched her in the face while arresting her over an alleged seatbelt violation. The New York Daily News reported on a police brutality suit brought by 40-year-old Cindy Hahn, who was arrested and beaten in 2013 as her two children, ages 7 and 11, watched.
Video shows California cops punching unarmed woman in brutal arrest — for a seatbelt violation

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah too much.

There are witnesses saying she didn't do anything also. Looks like police overstepping their bounds and violating her rights.

Police Brutality. Especially considering that the DA dropped the charges, right?

I like what her lawyer says. If they do this to a small unarmed mother of two, imagine what they do to someone whom they perceive to be a real threat!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Exactly. What's stopping this from happening to your mother, daughter or wife just the same??? Nothing. Plus with her kids watching the whole time.

Since when is it ok for 2 cops to hold down one woman and punch her in the face for not wearing a seat belt???

People who don't start waking up to this need to. It's not thugs, or minorities or even just poor people anymore. Although they are more likely to get this kind of treatment on a regular basis. But it's anyone and everyone.

This is what happens when you let authority operate without any repercussions for their actions.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

if this becomes sensationalized, then i can see #WLM (white lives mater) trending big time as a new movement which finally takes us to the precipice of police brutality, then we jump into it to hard...

aka the last straw

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They hate all Citizens equally.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There should not be a seat belt law in the first place. Then she never would have been pulled over.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What was the crime? All she was charged with was resisting arrest. You can't arrest someone for a seat-belt violation.

There was no arrest before he wanted to arrest her.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
why do you think so many people call them pigs? they're animals. cretins with authority.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Sounds like the officer was getting revenge for her calling the police department to complain about him. So he pulls her over for a minor seatbelt violation and wrestles her onto the ground. Hmmm, sounds like she has a case.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

We see this crap charge time and again.
Under arrest for resisting arrest.
Wtf does that even mean?
What was the initial arrest for and why is it never added?
Because you decided that the lack of instant obedience far outweighed the original offence?
Seriously, one of the many cops on here come in and clear this up, and I don't want any circular cop logic either.
We're on to it, tired of it, and its time you cut the crap and explain yourselves.
I won't hold my breath.
edit on 5-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is no excuse for this officers actions! what so ever!

So I have a question.......

Judging by his actions , if he would have shot her, would this have been a gun issue, or an issue with the mentality of the cop?

Im really not trying to derail this thread at all, but I think that ALL of this ties in to the same thing, the same issue, that needs to be addressed, instead of focusing on Patsys
edit on 10/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not to mention it took four of these cowards to perpetrate this.
4 full grown, trained officers, one punching her in the face.
Pussies.
And yes, I'd say it to their faces.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Seriously, you guys in America need to clean up these pukes.
I know you don't care what the rest of the world thinks, but most everywhere that is even remotely civilised is dumbfounded on how you are letting this nonsense continue.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this and I'm glad we can look at the issue outside of the influence of racism. Possibly, that is why this thread has not garnered much attention. There's no race issue to bicker about.

All I can can about the video is, damn!

I'm reminded of the scene in the Green Mile where Tom Hanks tells another guard that they are, and I'm paraphrasing, "their job is talking, not beating". Wish more police understood that. A little chat can make a world of difference.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
What was the crime? All she was charged with was resisting arrest. You can't arrest someone for a seat-belt violation.

There was no arrest before he wanted to arrest her.
Listen again, video says resisting arrest and battery.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They understand it, don't kud yourself.
They are sociopaths at best, psychopaths at worst and enjoy doing these things, otherwise it wouldn't be the first reaction to any sort of questioning of their authority.
I mean have you seen the video of the p.o.s. pointing a shotgun at people recording him while his p.o.s. buddies arrest their neighbour?
The guy looks like he's playing "black ops operator"....
It's ridiculous...his excuse?
" so we don't get shot".
Coward, go home.
You aren't in Afghanistan no matter how much you pretend you are in a warzone.
There is no war on cops.
On the citizens?
Well the video tells the story, loser...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Maybe you should listen.
Those were what they charged her for after the fact.
Which is common practice.
Both were tossed.
Why?
Because the pigs were the ones doing the battery, and resisting arrest can only be used if you're resisting an arrest.
If a cop walks up to you and says "you're under arrest", and you pull away and say "what for?" He can't say for resisting arrest, and then not charge you for whatever he was arresting you for in the first place.
You don't get to make up charges after the fact to support your arrest.
You need articuable reasonable suspicion.
And if they can say afterwards, I changed my mind and I'm not telling you what it was for in the first place, they are lying.
That's why this # gets thrown out over and over.
Clear enough for you?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When it comes these cases, which is often white cop on white suspect/victim, the defense is always "the person deserved what they cops did to them". Pretty damn sad. First they came for minorities, then they came for women...

edit on 5-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Until they or a family member is the victim.
Then it's "oh my god, I can't believe that happened, it just makes no sense..."
There are a few of those cases going around, Kelly Thomas comes to mind.
And his dad was a cop.
I'll bet he's not so blue wall of silence anymore..
Then there was the one where the guy was talking to his dad on the phone when the cops attacked him, on video, controlled by cops, that suddenly gets blurry and veers away...
The list goes on.
You want a dose of reality on what cops really think about anything, spend some time on Thee Rant, if you can stomach it.
Every pig on that site should be investigated if not straight jailed.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
a reply to: dreamingawake
Until they or a family member is the victim.
Then it's "oh my god, I can't believe that happened, it just makes no sense..."
There are a few of those cases going around, Kelly Thomas comes to mind.
And his dad was a cop.
I'll bet he's not so blue wall of silence anymore..
Then there was the one where the guy was talking to his dad on the phone when the cops attacked him, on video, controlled by cops, that suddenly gets blurry and veers away...
The list goes on.
You want a dose of reality on what cops really think about anything, spend some time on Thee Rant, if you can stomach it.
Every pig on that site should be investigated if not straight jailed.

Exactly when it's personal only is when people will speak up. Wow, I hope this garners more attention. Law suit is likely going to need more help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join