It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenn. county to consider resolution begging God to spare them ‘His coming wrath’ over gay marria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You definitely get back what you put in.

Do not zig when you can zag.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No, I do honestly believe it calls for both serious attention
AND criticism. I do not however feel it calls for "bashing" an entire state. Not everyone in TN agrees with this particular commissioner or her ideals.
I suppose I took something said on an internet forum personally as I, many of my friends and family, and co workers all live in TN. I was not born here and will not, hopefully, die here as this is not where I want my end days to be. I was merely trying to clarify how insignificant her ideas and proposals are and how the majority (so far the publicized attention) of the residents have so far it seems to have responded to those with negativity.

I know better than to get wound up! I just forgot myself for a moment...LOL

Yes, humor would be good in this situation as she is obviously a "NUT JOB"!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I believe Kentucky and Tennessee are two of the most beautiful states in our union. I have often thought to live there would be idyllic.

Work, sleep, repeat...like anywhere else...LOL... pretty, yes

It also bothers me that most people think we ride cows to church and there's nothing but wheat everywhere.

I did. For that I apologize!

I am sincerely sorry that you all did not recognize that I was thinking up the most ridiculous "solution" I could; a reflection of what I see happening in this country ESPECIALLY as it's ramping up with the upcoming election.

I suppose everyone's emotions may be running a little high. Mine especially!

But I'm not running for President, folks. Never. Not even the school board, or the dog-catcher.

Maybe you should!

Again, I apologize for not being clear enough that I was deliberately exaggerating a wildly asinine idea.

Again, I was overly sensitive and hate that I let an internet site get my emotions all "riled up" (country term LOL)

I am oblivious to most sarcasm and don't usually "get" the jokes most people are rolling on the floor at....

I do enjoy your posts!
Sorry if anything I posted came across as the...

P.S. I KNOW you probably didn't mean ME (here I go again!) but I wanted to be clear!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It's all good, sis. You are right - emotions are running very much full-steam right now.

No, I didn't mean YOU.
Thanks for your reply.

edit on 10/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I do not however feel it calls for "bashing" an entire state.

What if the state was New Jersey? :-)

Yes, humor would be good in this situation as she is obviously a "NUT JOB"!

What I think is funniest? She thinks paperwork and legislation will help God understand stuff better. It's actually kinda cute

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Is it bad that i really, really, REALLY want Jesus at the Second Coming to just call out these ridiculous people...or even better, God gets fed up, opens a hole in the sky and shoves his big beardy face into Miller's/Cruz's/prominent homophobe du jour's and just say: NO. STOP. ENOUGH.

I'm not even remotely Christian, and I want this to happen so bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

edit on 10/6/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: stay tuned

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As a native born resident of Tennessee I would like to point out a few facts.
The former Commander of the International Space Station, Barry Wilmore, is a Tennessee native and graduated from Tennessee Tech. For many years the worlds fastest wind tunnel was located in Tennessee at the Arnold Engineering and Development center. The First uranium enrichment plants were built in Tennessee in 1942.
Many of the Rocket scientists that work at The Red Stone Arsenal and the NASA Marshall Space flight Center in Huntsville Alabama call Tennessee Home.
There are quite a few very smart people here, and one or two %$#!!! idiots.

Speaking of which Grundy county called..... they want their idiot back.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You want to shut some one up when they argue against gay marriage. Just tell them Ok ban gay marriage, but then ban all Divorces...... period. Yep that's right your stuck with her/him/it etc for the rest of your Life. No do overs. No starter marriages.
You bought it you pay for it, FOREVER. For some reason that seems to scare the hell out of everyone. Gay, straight and everything in between.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I just thought I would offer up an update...all is NOT lost!

The Blount County Commission on Tuesday night declined to take up an agenda that featured a resolution regarding gay marriage.

The quick 10-5 vote during the commission agenda meeting left some in the audience unhappy. They'd come prepared for a debate.

This may only be because they have not been challenged as of yet...I would have to research that...I believe there have been some issued in Hamilton county...

Although some county clerks quit and many Tennessee lawmakers verbally opposed the decision, no clerks have followed the lead of Kentucky clerk Kim Davis in not issuing licenses to same-sex couples.

The TEP was happy, but unsure of what's to come.
Tennessee Equality Project

Miller will undoubtedly bring this resolution forward again.
We shall see with time how it goes.
I would like to think nowhere...
Local news

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join