It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being surveillanced?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Heh,every time you log on to the Net you're being surveillanced,or go to a store etc..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I agree. Of course I have nothing to hide. Im not a terrorist. Am I particularly sympathetic to lots of different peoples around the world from different religious, socioeconomic, ethnic and political backgrounds? Of course. Do I love my country? Absolutely. So no I have nothing to hide but that's really not the point.

It really bothered me that my friend was questioned by the FBI. He was certainly upset by the experience. One of the reasons I am hesitant to visit my friend in Pakastan that I mentioned in my post is because I'm worried about what will happen when I re-enter the United Sates. I'm almost certain that I will get interrogated about the trip and I really don't want to have to go through that.

I want to take my girlfriend to New York City for New Years this year, and I'm certain that we would visit my friend there he had been questioned. I fear that activity could make me seem even more suspicious. I should not have to fear that.

A couple years ago I was having a cig outside a bar very late at night and a couple guys came up to us to bum cigs. I was friendly and gave them each one. Immediately one of the guys asked who I voted for in the last election (this was right after the 2012 election). I said Obama and he immediately called me a raghead terrorist and told me to go back to the desert where I belong. These guys were bigots and rednecks. For the record I have very dark hair, tan easily so often my skin is darker despite being Caucasian, and I usually keep some stubble of a beard. Anyway, I ended up getting into a screaming match with this guy as I tried to defend myself, my Muslim friends and peaceful Muslims in general across the world. That experience really pissed me off, but that guy had no real power. The US government on the other hand is extremely powerful and so rather than simply being pissed about this, I'm frightened.

I constantly have to second guess my activities because I'm afraid of how it may look.

a reply to: Daughter2

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Squidleepie

During my recent trip out of stste, i flew to my destination. I went thru security checkpoints twice and, both times i was body scanned, thoroughly body patted down, and my hands tested for explosive residue. WHY.? No idea. The person I was with went thru without issue.
I look nothing like a stereotypical terrorist. Have zero firearms, and have no explainable reason for such treatment....other than my critique of government being ran by idiots.

I am likely on some kind of list myself. I expect same whe I return on Friday.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The only suspicious things that have happened to me directly recently to make me wonder if I were being surveillanced are these:

Two days after my friend's encounter with the FBI, I Recieved a friend request from some girl with an American sounding name whom I definitely did not know. Her profile looked like it had just been started in the last week and there was nothing on her wall besides a picture of a group of black children smiling at a camera and no caption. At first it just seemed like a typical scam to me but normally the profile pic of these scams is of some super-model looking girl in order to draw stupid guys in. This profile pic was the same photo of the black kids. Then I looked at the other friends of hers shown on the profile. Offhand I saw a lot of arab looking men and a few black people. No white people, and one of the Arab friends was posing with a pistol in his profile picture and wore the customary red and white checkered Saudi headdress. He looked young, around my age. I declined the friend request. I'm not convinced that it wasn't just a scam like so many others, but it certainly had atypical attributes.

Besides that and just a day or two before that happened, so on or just a day before my friend's encounter with the FBI, there were some service trucks in my neighborhood. I saw a couple different guys and they were dressed like they were working on the power lines or something. They were around for two or three days at random times. At one point when I drove into the neighborhood, one of the guys was sitting in his service vehicle which was parked to face out towards the street where I had to drive through to enter my neighborhood (culdisac style condo complex, so one way in and one way out). I looked at him as I drove by but he was already looking at me and stared me down as I passed. Never waved or smiled or anything. Again, probably nothing to that, but it was on my mind after I heard what happened to my friend in NYC.

Besides those things happening all during the same week as when my friend was questioned by the FBI, I really can't think of anything else.

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Squidleepie Yes, if you have any international friends, you are definitely on a watchlist. Double that if you travel internationally.

A few years ago, in my college town, there was a tiff between two Saudis, one of whom was close friends with my coworker. One day, the FBI showed up at my coworker's house. As she put it, "They knew everything." Everything about the two Saudis, their American friends, and even details of a blood feud between the two families back in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

This is not done for information purposes, it's done for intimidation purposes. Maybe you will stand by your friend but done't you think other friends, employers, landlords ect may not? So think about that one.

Four years ago, the FBI approached my then gf at her home, stated that they were following me and knew that I had her kid w me (taking him home from swim practice). The investigation wasn't about me, it was in regards to a certain drug trafficker with whom I had a second degree of affiliation with. His friends were my friends but we didn't know each other. I had appeared at the end of a three year investigation and they just wanted to know "who the # I am". Yeah, that whole interaction destroyed my relationship, I wasn't allowed to even see the boys and obviously, not the girl, either. All because of a vague connection despite the fact that I had not broken any laws.
That day, the FBI made a new enemy. I promise you that.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What would you say if I said you are under surveillance for a different reason. What if an alphabetical agency is scoping you to recruit you? What a really good cover than an established international photographer. Especially if you've already got international connections to get you inside.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What would you say if I said you are under surveillance for a different reason. What if an alphabetical agency is scoping you to recruit you

He should be so lucky!

You'd probably be clearing 100k a year working for the secret service. Even if it was just 60k, it'd still totally be worth it. Just to be apart of something bigger, life can be so mundane.

But anyway...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Actually it's funny you mention that. My senior year of high school I attended the Youth Leadership Forum on National Security in Washington D.C. I spent a week there with 400 other high-achievement high school students from around the nation. I got to tour the CIA museum located at their headquarters in Langley. I was pitched to and met with members of CIA, FBI and DEA.

The 400 of us were divided into groups of about 30 each. We gathered together each day and stayed together as we toured D.C. On the first day our group (and every group in their own separate meeting rooms) had to elect a president. This came into play at the end of the week when we practiced a 4 hour and extremely high stress government modeling scenario in which we were presented with a fake international crisis which we had to develop a plan and respond to. I had no intention of running for president but another guy in the class wanted to do it as well as three or four other people and I really didn't like his smugness, so in order to make sure he didn't become our president, I ran. My class almost unanimously elected me, so I was the one who had to handle the crisis situation at the end of the week. Everyone else in the class got to choose their roles in the executive branch under me, the DOD and Intel which reported to me, the media which pestered me, and the legislative branch which also pestered me. After the four hour crisis scenario concluded, I had to give a press conference to another class of 30. The monitors there told me that I did extremely well.

Although it was a long time ago now, it's definitely something I am still very proud of. I wanted to work in CIA for a long time (that was the main reason I studied arabic in college), but in college I discovered (maybe this isn't actually true but I thought it was at the time) that if you've ever smoked pot or done other drugs, you would have no chance of getting into CIA. So when I learned that, I gave up and decided to pursue other things.

Since then I've graduated college with three degrees Suma Cum Laude, I was a campus leader mainly focused in raising money for good local causes. I created a college leadership class at my university which I believe is still being taught today.

I would still love to work in intelligence, but have always assumed that because of my drug use in college I would never be allowed in. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Listen to your intution and follow your instincts..if it feels like someone is observing you, they normally are..

The trick is how to get them off of you..go out be social with as many of your friends as possible: they will pursue you when you look like someone who is alone..be social be outgoing, stay active: someone who is busy living and being with their own life, is normally not perceived to be a threat..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Most people just lie about their prior drug use if they never have been busted when it comes to jobs with a security clearance.

If you really want to be in the Intel business you have to know how to tell a compelling lie.

edit on 4-10-2015 by jrod because: i

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No offense meant but, do you really think yourself that important or of a background that would warrant surveillance by a govt institution?

I mean, beyond what they do by default to...everyone

I wonder if your mate was questioned due to his international background, choice of study and, sadly, his race.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think the word would be surveilled? You are being surveilled. I am being surveilled, We are all being surveilled. To what end I do not know. Truly only the Archons know. Those diabolical, reptoid, sociopathic parasites have been sucking off mankind for eons. There time is UP! GOOD BYE!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No of course I don't think I'm so important. I'd never put much thought into things like that until this happened to my friend. Considering he didn't fly to NYC but was still tracked there anyway, and considering my affiliations with others, I got concerned so I posted. a reply to: noonebutme

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Thats it? Not much to go on there.

Surveillance of the direct type is expensive, time consuming and only generally undertaken at all if electronic surveillance over a period of time warrants it. They have to have something to go on that justifies ratcheting up to the next level.

You're just a photographer, not a terrorist, right? So you got nothing to worry about, just go about your business. By the way, what a wonderful, exciting full life you must lead. I'm jealous.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
it's possible our homes are bugged, I wouldnt be surprised at all, the question who is bugging us and why, and i'm talking about 'today's" technology, add to that advanced alien beings/science 'objects' that are capable of mindreading/esp, even pets could be monitoring us at times

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can guarantee you are not being surveillanced.
You are definitely under surveillance the same as everyone else is.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you think you're important enough for the Government to take enough of an interest in you for surveillance, you're probably a paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of your own importance in the big scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Everyone who goes out in public, and uses electronics leaves a remnant or electronic trail of breadcrumbs. It is only a matter of taking the time to compile this information. This requires people at some point to do some work. For most people, that effort is too much. But for those in government service at any level, it does happen. Some civilian companies do the same. Background check, financial background, interviews with peers and friends, etc.

I would worry about it, as incorrect data or blatant lies can hurt you in the real world. Like a previous poster said though, you can have fun with it. Let the watchers know that you see them. Leave messages for them, let them know you know they are there. That makes it more fun.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The funny bit is I'm closely related to the Sydney Hilton False Flag Bomber. We have evidence and connections that create very difficult issues for the criminal/terrorist Australian security services. They can try harassment if they want. I've set up all kinds of nasty surprises to be triggered in the event of anything happening to my family or myself.

I've got some of the spooks who live in my town on edge. Two in particular have worked their way into positions of influence in the political and protest worlds. I don't have to expose them, they expose themselves with their body language when they see me. It's hilarious to see the dumb, shocked look on their faces when they realise you have no fear of them or their system, and you have perfectly legal ways of destroying them.

I've hinted to key people who the spooks are and the spooks respond by trying to bluster their way through it, then falling apart. It really is hilarious to watch.

That's the biggest issue that has to be faced by any clowns surveilling me and mine. All the facts check out. The Sydney Hilton Bombing, and the changes that it was designed to push through, are a major crime against the Australian people. Along with other involved parties I'm going to torment the criminals who arranged and benefitted from The Hilton until they turn to dust.

I know at least one of the organisers of the Hilton Bombing was driven mad by the fallout years ago. His daughter left Australia to get away from him and his insane ranting, every night going over the disastrous failure of the operation. They tried to claw something back out of it but we are going to destroy them. Thinking about it I suppose you'd have to be half crazy to contemplate involvement in a false flag event. Not surprising they crack easily afterwards. Suckers.
edit on 5 10 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join