It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC: Who will save their souls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What doe the Bible, or better yet, Jesus Christ himself say about why it took God so long to deliver Humanity's saviour?

And what happened to the souls of those who lived their lives before the Bible was published??

Does it have to do with 'orginal sin' of Eve & Adam calling for the need for salvation much later than overall human existence on Earth? Or..

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Everyone's back and mostly now here.

All the souls from the past, all that ever lived, we are all here now awaiting the final battle to begin.
A few more souls yet to arrive, should be born into human flesh in the next 10-20 years.
I'll need to check the current guidelines but, we are almost at the capacity required for a proper end of the world battle.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Human's understanding changed with Yeshua, Buddha and Nanak. That do not mean anything changed on the higher levels. Only that some of humans flawed understanding of the higher levels got corrected.

“Ek Onkar – There is Only One God.
Sat Naam – His Name is True.
Karta Purakh – He is the Creator.
Nirbhau – Without Fear.
Nirvair – Without Hate.
Akaal Moorat – Ominipresent.
Ajooni – Free from Birth and Death.
Saibhan – Self-Illuminating.
GurParsad – Realized through the Grace of the True Guru.
Jap – Meditate upon His Name.
Aad Sach – For He was True when Time Began.
Jugaad Sach – He has been True since the Ages.
Hai Bhi Sach – He is still True.
Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach – Guru Nanak says He will forever be True.”

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That's a beautiful quote, where is it from?
I like Hobbes description of god in Leviathan: we can only say what he is not.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You asked what the bible says? Here is a bit, there is a lot more but you would actually have to spend time reading it.

The age of the patriarchs:

Rom 1:18 From heaven God shows how angry he is with all the wicked and evil things that sinful people do to crush the truth.
Rom 1:19 They know everything that can be known about God, because God has shown it all to them.
Rom 1:20 God's eternal power and character cannot be seen. But from the beginning of creation, God has shown what these are like by all he has made. That's why those people don't have any excuse.
Rom 1:21 They know about God, but they don't honor him or even thank him. Their thoughts are useless, and their stupid minds are in the dark.
Rom 1:22 They claim to be wise, but they are fools.
Rom 1:23 They don't worship the glorious and eternal God. Instead, they worship idols that are made to look like humans who cannot live forever, and like birds, animals, and reptiles.
Rom 1:24 So God let these people go their own way. They did what they wanted to do, and their filthy thoughts made them do shameful things with their bodies.
Rom 1:25 They gave up the truth about God for a lie, and they worshiped God's creation instead of God, who will be praised forever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 God let them follow their own evil desires. Women no longer wanted to have sex in a natural way, and they did things with each other that were not natural.
Rom 1:27 Men behaved in the same way. They stopped wanting to have sex with women and had strong desires for sex with other men. They did shameful things with each other, and what has happened to them is punishment for their foolish deeds.
Rom 1:28 Since these people refused even to think about God, he let their useless minds rule over them. That's why they do all sorts of indecent things.

Act 17:26 From one human being he created all races of people and made them live throughout the whole earth. He himself fixed beforehand the exact times and the limits of the places where they would live.
Act 17:27 He did this so that they would look for him, and perhaps find him as they felt around for him. Yet God is actually not far from any one of us;
Act 17:28 as someone has said, 'In him we live and move and exist.' It is as some of your poets have said, 'We too are his children.'

Followed by the age of the covenant people

Rom 3:20 For no one is put right in God's sight by doing what the Law requires; what the Law does is to make us know that we have sinned.
Rom 3:21 But now God's way of putting people right with himself has been revealed. It has nothing to do with law, even though the Law of Moses and the prophets gave their witness to it.

Gal 3:19 What, then, was the purpose of the Law? It was added in order to show what wrongdoing is, and it was meant to last until the coming of Abraham's descendant, to whom the promise was made. The Law was handed down by angels, with a man acting as a go-between.
Gal 3:23 But before the time for faith came, the Law kept us all locked up as prisoners until this coming faith should be revealed.
Gal 3:24 And so the Law was in charge of us until Christ came, in order that we might then be put right with God through faith.

Followed by the age of grace

Joh 3:16 God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die.
Joh 3:17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them!

edit on 3/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That's a beautiful quote, where is it from?
I like Hobbes description of god in Leviathan: we can only say what he is not.

The Sikh Mul/Mool Mantra.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

What doe the Bible, or better yet, Jesus Christ himself say about why it took God so long to deliver Humanity's saviour?

And what happened to the souls of those who lived their lives before the Bible was published??

Does it have to do with 'orginal sin' of Eve & Adam calling for the need for salvation much later than overall human existence on Earth? Or..

Not sure about your first question but I'll add my thoughts.
God's view of time and lengths of time aren't anything like how humans see it. God can see all that we can't. Based just on that we have no idea of how the use of time is judged by God's requirements for what he wants to do, or wanted to do.
Christ had to endure the full measure of all our rottenness for God's will to be in it's proper place for that plan. Christ did that, and God was very pleased in his Son. He even refused a cloth dipped in opium for a painkiller, he refused. He took all of mans wickedness on himself for us, and to fulfill the will of his Father God. He won. He doesn't have to win anything again. The final battle thing is not an issue. Gods armies are many times larger than the evil one, but God doesn't need any help from anyone win any battle or to do anything he chooses by his will. His will is good. God can't do evil and never has because it is contrary to his will. It is not his nature to do anything evil at all, ever. I don't care what anyone says, I know this is a fact. He uses his power sparingly from what I have learned. He is not flagrant with it. Creation must have been a real hoot though? I know it was a fun thing that he did though. A happy creative event? I don't know what God thinks or feels all the time, but I know he is friendly and happy, and not angry or hateful, because I have been in his presence before and felt it all at once. The vast pouring out of mercy would turn your eyes into rivers instantly, and it did., I just know that I do not want to cause him any grief in the slightest. He deserves better than I could ever do. We are all special to God. But no one is favored over another. This is a mistake anyone can make just because of how humans are wired. Only your spiritual development and learning relationship with God can guide and steer you around and away from those issues happening. Pride. A feeling of favored status. It is what Satan did that got an immediate and very dramatic eviction with permanent consequences irreversible. I was shown visions of what hells minions look like after that event, and it is scary more than any nightmare you can imagine.

I have been shown by the Lord what these creatures can do to people, but they can only do what God allows, and it is allowed for each human to learn God's will and the consequences of allowing yourself to accept an evil temptation for personal gain. It is always done for a short term gain, that's how the dark one does it. Hits your weaknesses for any desire a person has, and lures you into doing it. You lose protection when you love to believe the lie being told, that it is okay, that you won't get caught, that no one will mind, or remember it even.

The evil one now pushes those ideas on to humans, and we have to see it with open eyes and reject it, or believe it because that feels so cool and humans want more self esteem sometimes? Not a safe move. We believe temptations because we gain personally from them. Not a safe move. Not only foolish but when the deception that we accepted a temptation from the dark one because we wanted to gain personally from it, we feel the ugliness of what we are capable of, and this can cause our permanent death. Playing with fire like that and realizing how real it truly is, is very scary Sjit.

2. It is said in the Bible that no matter how when or if someone is able to learn of God's word, the people then would know of God by God's own design.
In other words, if there are humans that never even got to hear about God, then God would reach them in his own way, and the person would know God through that, and make their choice or what have you.
So, bible or not, God has a way to touch anyone's spirit so they will know he is real, and is God, and they can choose whatever God has shown to them individually.
Sin separates us away from God by many things. Our own guilt for sinning will move our self away because we are guilty and feel afraid now. IS God mad at me? Is he sad about me? Have I hurt him because I sinned without a care in the world? Even after all he's done for me? Just like any one you love, if you do something that hurts them you expect them to move away, or push us away. God doesn't respond like we do though. He never stops loving all people sinner or not. He doesn't value things the way people do. His value systems are not anything like ours are.

God loves when you forcefully push away temptation and stay with him. Even after all I said above, this takes serious mental preparation and decision and commitment NOT TO SIN and you still have to add cement and rebar to it all daily or you can be pulled away because you gotta work at it. Effort. When you love that your effort has brought you to good spiritual health and growth, and you have learned how ugly it is living with the results of evil deeds of any kind. It is a poison I have no use for. When you stray away from a good path, you also see increases in anger, more of everything bad will increase. At least for me I have seen it. Like evil is charging you up for even greater vileness, ran back the other way fast. It's a dead end train wreck.

If anyone approaches me with a gun and asks am I Christian? I stand tall and will say as loud as I can YES! I won't deny Christ even facing imminent death with a jackpot winning lottery ticket in my hand. But can I draw my own weapon faster after I say I'm Christian when the shooter grabs Velcro?
Actually if someone wants to kill me because I am a Christian, I'll stand there and let it happen if it means that much to the person that I should die, and I'll forgive them for it too.

Every single time I have responded to threads like this my mind and hands type and I don't even know how much I have said. Sorry about that.. I just lose control like it isn't just me.
I am sharing what I know personally to be true for me, but I am not telling anyone what they should choose to believe. IT is and should be totally personal.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

And what happened to the souls of those who lived their lives before the Bible was published?

The theology is that the effect of what Jesus did was retrospective, benefitting even those who died before he was born.
The mediaeval church expressed this by the idea of the "harrowing of Hell"; that is, Jesus collecting up the souls of the righteous who had died previously, and taking them out.
edit on 3-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

i don't know who made this up because he never mentioned Adam & Eve

new topics

top topics

join