It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami and the Swedish Foreign Minister!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
When the Swedish Foreign Minister, Laila Freivalds got told about the Tsunami disaster here in Sweden, she did what every normal Minister would do, she went to watch an.......OPERA!!??

What follows here is what the Government did when they got told about the disaster. Phuket and Koh Lak is two of the biggest tourist destinations for Swedes in the world. Only in Phuket there is 10.000-30.000 swedes at any given time. I hope you understand my English.

(Swedish time!)

3 AM: The wave hit the coast of Thailand
4 AM: Staff at the swedish embassy in Bangkok phones "UD" (Department of Foreign Affairs) in Stockholm, when they hear that buildings are collapsing in Phuket and Koh Lak.
7 AM:State Secretary for Foreign Affairs Hans Dahlgren are told about the disaster
At this time there is well know that hundreds are dead and approx 15000 swedes are in the area that got hit. The Ambassador in Bankok decides to open a small embassy in Phuket for the victims. By this time the Foreign Minister, Laila Freivalds still dont know anything about this, because she havent followed the news in the morning

10:30 AM: Laila Freivalds is informed after a call to her cellphone. Instead of going straight to work and start making phonecalls and make arrangments to get our citizens back..she decides to work from... HOME!!!

7 PM (approx): Reports says that its a minimum of 10.000 dead, a few minutes later Laila Freivalds decides to go and see "Sn�ll Rebel" an opera in the Boulevardtheater in Stockholm that lasted for 1� hour, according to herself she really didnt "feel" for it but she had booked the tickets a long time ago so she felt she had to go!!!! This was ok with the Pressecretary as long as she could recive SMS messeges on her cellphone(the sound could be turned off). After the show she talked to her staff over the phone 2-3 times before she went home.

9 AM: The Foreign Ministers chair at the office is still empty because she decides to come in late for work.

10:30 AM: She finally shows up at work (31,5 hours after the wave hit the coasts of Thailand)

One of her assistants who plays a keyroll in the department is on familyholiday in southern Sweden (approx 1 hour flight from the office) decides to stay where he is because he is on holiday and arrives at the office 2,5 day after the disaster

Laila Freivald later arrived in Phuket to see with her own eyes what happend, (she hugged a couple of tourists and went home again..bless her). She said that the Swedish government should had done something 1 day earlier.

This is one o the major reasons she is very much hated in Sweden at the minute and she is blaming everyone else. Citizens are now demanding her resign...and i hope it happens!!

IS this the way its been in all countrys that lost citizens in the tragic tsunami.? Making a disaster politics and blaming other people?
We have to search websites from all over the world for missing persons because the Government dont think anyone else but the victims should read the list the government has!!!
Its very tragic what happend...but how our Government is reacting is scary!!!

Hope you understood my English ( if not, use some fantasy and it should work
)

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The issue is not how the NATO goverments started slaughtering their sheeple.
The question is what was the path that led into this :

EU's Europe hundreds of millions of cowards have formally accepted the mark of the beast, October 29, 2004

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
MattMarriott
I think that Sweden is not a member of NATO.

And I think it is not polite to use other people's threads to advertise your own threads.

scubaman
I do not know what was the reaction here in Portugal by the political class, but polititians are known to use any means to promote themselfs (like MattMarriott
) , so I think that what happened in Sweden may have happened in other countries too.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi.

No thats right, Sweden is not part of NATO and never will be....officaly anyway. Although we basically been their bu**boys for years now ;-)

More and more is being reveald here now and the latest is that the government wont realse the names of missing people because the police is scared that the familys will have their houses broken into. But Denmark realesed their names and 50 % was acctually alive!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
...Maybe the 50 percent that was not lying on the beach but going inland to buy the services of young thai boys

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hmm yes very funny
....mayby it is if your not missing some of your friends down there...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
scubaman,
Do you know where The Crown-Princess Victoria is? I have a suspicion that she might be among the missing. I might be very very wrong and I hope I am. Officially she is "travelling" somewhere, but where? Some of the Swedish Royal family`s friends are among the missing in Thailand. They refuse to release the list of missing Swedes. Norway and Denmark have released their missing lists. Did they announce which country she went to?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
hmmm didnt think of that one, according to the Royal Family she is on a holiday somewere that she has planned for long. Unless the government is trying to hide where she is, and doing a good job doing so, there should be alot of witnesses.

Write here if you hear anything more!

new topics

top topics

join