It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Palestine Has Dropped a Bomb at United Nations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I think Palestine has every right to dismiss the Oslo accord, Israel certainly never held its end of the bargain. A two-state solution in which one state continues to steal land and murder the citizens of the other doesn't sound like a fair deal.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If one side keeps trying to invade the other and loses every time, they lose real estate too. Not every country can afford to be like the US and back out.

Heck, Russia would sympathize with Israel. How much land has Russia grabbed? Georgia ... Crimea ... working on Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Who can blame the people in the West Bank and Gaza for tiring of the decades old "Peace Process"?

The Palestinians have refused every deal, offer, agreement ever offered to them, as for the Jews, they have been in that neck of the woods for the last 3,000 years, they have as much right to it as anyone else, there were hardy any 'arabs' in the area until the Turkish empire imported them to out breed the Jews.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Netanyahu has commented on Abbas' statement to the UN:

"Abu Mazen's speech is deceitful and encourages incitement and destruction in the Middle East," Netanyahu's office said.

"The fact that the offer is refused time and again is the best possible proof that he is not looking for a peace agreement," Netanyahu's office said.

See full story: news.yahoo.com...

Fairly predictable comments.
edit on 9/30/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Interesting choice of words for your title.

Well, as far as PA no longer abiding to Oslo accords, I guess if the right wing Israeli gov't doesn't follow them then why should PA?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I don't blame Palestine at all.

But I have to wonder at the timing, if it's part of a broader, strategic effort coordinated through Iran by Russia, given their recent movements in Syria?

Have you heard the Taliban are on the move, too?

Search results

Now after the Chinese Military parade and India's huge arms purchases recently from the US, maybe the BRICs are…

nah, never mind… too awful to contemplate.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Israel occupies Palestine, not the other way round.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure... according to Israel the Palestinians are always the aggressors. Pardon me while I gag on the fact that people still buy this kind of propaganda.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Swills

Interesting choice of words for your title.

Because I have been reading about this for the last five days, and Abbas' associates have been saying "Abbas is going to drop a bomb in his upcoming UN speech", and the discussion has been "will he or won't he". So actually the title came from his own people.

FYI

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Thank you. That link provides detail to my simplitistic, yet factual, statement.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: pikestaff

Israel occupies Palestine, not the other way round.

Strange that the Palestinians can't muster support from their Arab brethren in the region who outnumber the Israel's in both population and overall land size in that ME region. They could easily overtake Israel if the support existed.. Shows what other Arabs think of the Palestinians.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

They actually do, it's one the Muslim worlds top gripes but they are powerless to do anything because if anyone dared attack Israel in a significant manner, the West may just go ahead and turn the ME to glass.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Strange that the Palestinians can't muster support from their Arab brethren in the region who outnumber the Israel's in both population and overall land size in that ME region.

Not strange at all, considering the majority of Palestinians are Sunni. The only potential allies they really have are Saddam's discarded generals leading ISIS. I doubt very much that some of the richer Arab states are interested in being friendly.

All that black gold and its proceeds at work.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Strange that the Palestinians can't muster support from their Arab brethren in the region who outnumber the Israel's in both population and overall land size in that ME region. They could easily overtake Israel if the support existed.. Shows what other Arabs think of the Palestinians.

They did, in '67, remember? The six day war fought from Syria, Egypt, Jordan, supported by the whole arab world. The US helped Israel win that, even though they didn't really win, the Arabs stopped on the Golan heights without realizing they had won.

Everything about the Israeli occupation has been supported and maintained by the West from their beginning in '48 till now.

…also known as the June War, 1967 Arab–Israeli War, or Third Arab–Israeli War, was fought between June 5 and 10, 1967 by Israel and the neighboring states of Egypt (known at the time as the United Arab Republic), Jordan, and Syria.

Relations between Israel and its neighbours had never fully normalized following the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, by which Israel had taken control of the formerly Arab-controlled territory of Palestine. In the period leading up to June 1967 tensions became dangerously heightened.

Wiki

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

They actually do, it's one the Muslim worlds top gripes but they are powerless to do anything because if anyone dared attack Israel in a significant manner, the West may just go ahead and turn the ME to glass.

Now's the time to do it then. Obama's no friend to Israel. But then again, Israel itself can turn the whole ME to glass. They know they're greatly outnumbered, they have no chance. But if anyone else is stupid enough to try, Israel will take the whole ME down with them. Mutually assured destruction. They don't need the Wests help.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm talking currently, not 70 years ago. Nowadays, oil > Palestinians where Arab nations are concerned.

Sorry, I meant @ 50 years ago. I was thinking 1946.
edit on 30-9-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

edit on 30-9-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They don't need the Wests help.

Or permission.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: intrptr

I'm talking currently, not 70 years ago. Nowadays, oil > Palestinians where Arab nations are concerned.

Sorry, I meant @ 50 years ago. I was thinking 1946.

No problem, yah the west bought them off.

The king of Sauds is worth 1.2 trillion, I heard.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm so sick of hearing about Palestine & Israel & which of the two is the more immature dick between them.

I say give both sides nukes & permission to use them on solely each other. Let them duke it out & who ever wins, wins, and we better not ever hear another peep out of them afterward.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join