It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

269 Life Militant Vegan Protest at Place du Palais....a bit overboard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ok...I am all for people being able to protest and such, but this just seems overboard and depraved to me. Sure, we slaughter animals for human consumption and have been doing it since man first came about. This group is saying:

The 269 Life group who staged the demonstration refer to the slaughter of animals as a 'holocaust' and claim 'veganism is is an essential step that any responsible and sensible person must take'.

A statement on their website reads: 'We aim to bring the pain and horror other animals face each and every day out of the suppressed darkness and into the realm of everyday life.

'Most people are well aware of what is being done to other animals, and yet remain apathetic in the face of the atrocities committed in their name, even after witnessing the utmost graphic evidence.'

In Britain, the Labour party's new shadow environment secretary Kerry McCarthy has said meat eaters should be stigmatised in the same way as smokers.

Now I find that last statement by a politician to be particularly sick. Will this be the next big movement? Will this gain political momentum? Are there other politicians worldwide that have called for the same?

They then go on to say:

The WWAMs are organised to 'spread the idea that the consumption of meat cannot be justified ethically and should therefore be forbidden - just as human slavery was in its time.

So they are making a direct comparison to slavery? How is that even remotely logical?

Either way...just a heads up on the source....pics are graphic but not real blood...it is a demonstration.

Source

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think they raise some uncomfortable issues (mostly about conditions) though, I think they need a new media director.
edit on 29-9-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So they are making a direct comparison to slavery? How is that even remotely logical?

It is not because they are not logical. People like them frighten me because they come across as totally unhinged.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Long live bacon!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Long live bacon!!!!

To Bacon

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I shall have a cheeseburger for lunch today.

With bacon.

Somebody has to step up and eat the food these types are letting go to waste.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As I eat my fried chicken lunch I can only wonder why Mother Nature gave us teeth so perfectly designed for eating flesh.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I must agree these guys look silly. But, yesterday i've watched a movie called "Cowspiracy" on Netflix and it sheds a little light on meat consumption and the problems it causes to the planet. It's more about sustainability than treatment.

I think everything in this video deserves to be investigated but if only half of it is true, meat consumption could be the thing that makes the end come even faster for us or at least generates big problems for the planet in the future.

I'm by no way vegan but after this movie, i'm considering reducing the amount of meat i eat so we can all continue enjoy our bacon, but less often that we used to.

Peace out and long live bacon! mmmmm bacon!

edit on 29-9-2015 by bigwig22 because: bacon

edit on 29-9-2015 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
As I eat my fried chicken lunch I can only wonder why Mother Nature gave us teeth so perfectly designed for eating flesh.

She didn't. Our teeth more closely resemble that of a horses, the only teeth that are designed for flesh are our canines, which some believe recently developed due to our consumption of meat.

I believe their views or statements might be a little extreme, but it's what my brother (and I) does sometimes to get his point across when others won't listen, he gives an extreme example. What we're doing in the name of consumption is pretty sickening. I'm not saying we should completely stop or ban eating meat, but we can definitely improve the situation. Not to mention our resources are quickly vanishing due to our meat craze. Check out "Cowspiracy". I promise it's not what it sounds like, it's rather informative and interesting.

a reply to: bigwig22

Haha, beat me to it!
edit on 92915 by bloodstream7 because: Read my mind...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Not sure why you described them as militant.

Does seem a bit overboard however.

As long as animals are kept and treated well I don't have a problem.

What these people seem to forget is that if we didn't eat meat you wouldn't see so many beautiful animals blissfully munching in a field.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodstream7

Yeah, we adapted to our environment.
Humans were not made the alpha predators of the planet to hunt carrots.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I raise my own chickens, and buy my beef and pork directly from a farmer that raises humanly. I think it is the best way, for me, and the animals.

But try to take meat away from me.

I dare you.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

What these people seem to forget is that if we didn't eat meat you wouldn't see so many beautiful animals blissfully munching in a field.

That was what the article said McCarthy stated of herself....

Ms McCarthy, who has admitted she is a 'militant' vegan

And from their website:

Awareness campaigning is simply not enough. Our message needs to become considerably more confrontational and, due to the monumental task at hand, our focus and resolve must be, first and foremost, channeled towards demolishing speciesism.

I would say that sums up militant for them.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

That was what the article said McCarthy stated of herself....

Ms McCarthy, who has admitted she is a 'militant' vegan

And from their website:

Awareness campaigning is simply not enough. Our message needs to become considerably more confrontational and, due to the monumental task at hand, our focus and resolve must be, first and foremost, channeled towards demolishing speciesism.

I would say that sums up militant for them.

Fair enough , didn't notice that.

Calling yourself a militant is a silly thing to so, it has negative conetations.

new topics

top topics

join