It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man made global warming and ocean acidification thoroughly and scientifically discredited.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: imd12c4funn

originally posted by: sorgfelt
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Dr. Easterbrook cherry picked and misused data from the IPCC to get to his conclusions. He is also a speaker at conferences hosted by the Heartland Institute, which, if you know anything, is one of many such organizations created by the Koch brothers to push their deceitful, distorted ideas on Republicans who don't do their research. The Koch brothers make most of their money from oil and gas and spend much of their money buying politicians and putting out propaganda. This is conflict of interest in the extreme, yet you prefer to accept a probable liar and ignore most scientists who are trying to make the best of a complicated set of data. I'll say that it is quite conceivable that climate change is being used by the elite for nefarious purposes, but they will use anything for their nefarious purposes, hoax or not. In this case, it just happens to not be a hoax.

So he testifies that he has no political agenda, doesn't take monies from any entities that might expect certain"favors" and is just showing data with no opinion either way and states that manipulation of data to make models show increasing temperatures is a fact but it's all cherry picked. The committee stated they appreciated his coming to present his data and would use it to weigh along with other data when making difficult decisions.

Can you think of anyone who has a political agenda or takes money to bias results to serve a special interest group who does admit to it? When you are paid shill, you obviously claim the opposite.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Actually, i know what whisker tastes like and not tobacco juice...

I'm not really sure why i'm even responding

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

China wasn't the only country, or person to benefit from the true manufactured crisis. Al Gore made billions. Carbon credits was one of the money making schemes that has been used to, and will continue to be used to "redistribute the wealth from the west, destroying all middle classes. AGW and carbon credits are being used to simply make the rich richer, destroy middle classes in the west, and transfer the wealth from the west to developing nations meanwhile claiming that western nations must do so at the cost of the people in western nations. This plays very well with the UN and globalists goals for agenda 21 and for the globalists to take complete control.
edit on 30-9-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

China wasn't the only country, or person to benefit from the true manufactured crisis. Al Gore made billions. Carbon credits was one of the money making schemes that has been used to, and will continue to be used to "redistribute the wealth from the west, destroying all middle classes. AGW and carbon credits are being used to simply make the rich richer, destroy middle classes in the west, and transfer the wealth from the west to developing nations meanwhile claiming that western nations must do so at the cost of the people in western nations. This plays very well with the UN and globalists goals for agenda 21 and for the globalists to take complete control.

I've said this before though. The Global Elite don't need Man Made Global Warming to make billions of dollars and cement their powerstructure. They're doing it anyway, in the form of bank controls, large corporations that are above the law, and governments that are bought and paid for. They can raise taxes and fees on us anytime they want. They control us already. Why the added layer of a climate scam? They don't need it.

What the elite will do is latch on and make money and gain power from anything. Man Made Global Warming is real and we can do something about it, the Elite just figure out how to make money off of it. They didn't create this, they're latching onto it and profiting from it, just like they profit from everything else.

The problem is that we're being blinded by corporations and other parts of the Elite to do nothing about it. We're not making more fuel efficient cars, we're not funding renewable energy, we're not planning for rising oceans, we're not changing building codes for coastal areas, we're not planning for migration due to climate caused drought and war, we're not stopping our dependence on foreign oil, we're not going green. Why? Because the global elite will profit when each of those things becomes a crisis. They'll profit when wars start because of the climate, they'll profit when there are immigration crises that will dwarf that of the Syrians right now, they'll profit when coastal cities start to drown, they'll profit on our next oil war, they'll profit as we keep subsidizing fossil fuel companies and combustion engine companies...

We're being played fools. The only way out? See through the lies. Climate change is real, man is causing it and we should be doing lot's of things to mitigate what's happening.

We shouldn't be reading rightwing oil subsidized blogs or listening to oil funded talk radio. That's a given.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I've said this before though. The Global Elite don't need Man Made Global Warming to make billions of dollars and cement their powerstructure. They're doing it anyway, in the form of bank controls, large corporations that are above the law, and governments that are bought and paid for. They can raise taxes and fees on us anytime they want. They control us already. Why the added layer of a climate scam? They don't need it.

To set up the world government they do need a large percentage of people accepting such a "change" as long as people believe it is "for the good of all". Hence making the hoax claiming that "mankind is causing climate change and to combat it we need to set up a world government"...

We're being played fools. The only way out? See through the lies. Climate change is real, man is causing it and we should be doing lot's of things to mitigate what's happening.

You are only right in that people are being played as fools, but sorry to say you obviously can't see through the lies. While climate change is real there is no real evidence showing it has been caused by mankind. While mankind can be blamed for a lot of stuff, such as oil spills, you can't blame mankind over climate change when water vapor causes 97% of the greenhouse effect in Earth's Troposphere, and 99.9% of all the sources of water vapor are natural.

We shouldn't be reading rightwing oil subsidized blogs or listening to oil funded talk radio. That's a given.

First of all, you shouldn't simply dismiss evidence because it is from a rightwing source... You should refute the EVIDENCE and not the messenger... Second of all, I showed direct links from NASA showing one of the many examples of temperature tampering, yet you obviously don't even want to believe that data.

edit on 30-9-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

To set up the world government they do need a large percentage of people accepting such a "change" as long as people believe it is "for the good of all". Hence making the hoax claiming that "mankind is causing climate change and to combat it we need to set up a world government"...

You are only right in that people are being played as fools, but sorry to say you obviously can't see through the lies. While climate change is real there is no real evidence showing it has been caused by mankind. While mankind can be blamed for a lot of stuff, such as oil spills, you can't blame mankind over climate change when water vapor causes 97% of the greenhouse effect in Earth's Troposphere, and 99.9% of all the sources of water vapor are natural.

First of all, you shouldn't simply dismiss evidence because it is from a rightwing source... You should refute the EVIDENCE and not the messenger... Second of all, I showed direct links from NASA showing one of the many examples of temperature tampering, yet you obviously don't even want to believe that data.

I do though, You show me that but, I then I read a dozen scientific papers that seem to indicate man made global warming. And then I think, well maybe I'm wrong. Who would know better about Climate Change then me? NASA...I felt that was a good start. They back me up. Then The USGS. They back me up then more and more. You see what I'm saying.

But you have just given me a good idea for a Thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I do though, You show me that but, I then I read a dozen scientific papers that seem to indicate man made global warming. And then I think, well maybe I'm wrong. Who would know better about Climate Change then me? NASA...I felt that was a good start. They back me up. Then The USGS. They back me up then more and more. You see what I'm saying.

But you have just given me a good idea for a Thread.

Riiight, so if NASA told you something like they found pigs can naturally fly without the help of any equipment you wouldn't check it out and would simply believe them?...

BTW, several NASA scientists have been trying to warn people of the truth behind AGW and Climate Change.

For example, Rob Guro left this message at the end of an article about 2005 being the warmest year on record. Now watch what he says at the end of the article.

Current warmth seems to be occurring nearly everywhere at the same time and is largest at high latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere. Over the last 50 years, the largest annual and seasonal warmings have occurred in Alaska, Siberia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Most ocean areas have warmed. Because these areas are remote and far away from major cities, it is clear to climatologists that the warming is not due to the influence of pollution from urban areas.

www.nasa.gov...

Then there are stories by other NASA, among other scientists who also have been trying to show the truth.

www.nasa.gov...

Or NOAA scientists such as Chris Landsea.

January 17, 2005
Chris Landsea Leaves IPCC

Posted to Author: Others | Climate Change | Science Policy: General

This is an open letter to the community from Chris Landsea.

Dear colleagues,

After some prolonged deliberation, I have decided to withdraw from participating in the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). I am withdrawing because I have come to view the part of the IPCC to which my expertise is relevant as having become politicized. In addition, when I have raised my concerns to the IPCC leadership, their response was simply to dismiss my concerns.

cstpr.colorado.edu...

Apart from scientists in NASA, and including scientists who were part of the IPCC reports coming out to tell people that Climate Change is being used as a political tool. We also have the fact that the majority of the GCMs, the computer models used to claim that CO2 is the cause of the warming, are wrong and overstate how much warming CO2 can cause.

And even though the majority of GCMs are wrong time and again and overstate the warming caused by CO2, we are also told by the AGW camp that these models are "the most conservative and they don't show the reality of what could happen"... So the "conservative models" are wrong, yet we are supposed to believe that those that are even more "melodramatic" and exaggerate more on their predictions are right?... How does that make any sense?

IF these "policymakers" that espouse the AGW claim were right, why do they have to lie, exaggerate, delete raw temperature data, and tamper with data and the truth behind Climate Change in general?

BTW, you might as well just believe "politicians" and not check their track record since you seem to want to simply believe people on their word all the time.

Remember, "never let a good crisis to waste", and what better crisis is there than to brainwash people into believing they are to blame for Climate Change?

The governments of Europe, the United States, and Japan are unlikely to negotiate a social-democratic pattern of globalization – unless their hands are forced by a popular movement or a catastrophe, such as another Great Depression or ecological disaster

Democratising Global Governance:

The Challenges of the World Social Forum

by

Francesca Beausang

ABSTRACT

This paper sums up the debate that took place during the two round tables organized by UNESCO within the first World Social Forum in Porto Alegre (25/30 January 2001). It starts with a discussion of national processes, by examining democracy and then governance at the national level. It first states a case for a "joint" governance based on a combination of stakeholder theory, which is derived from corporate governance, and of UNESCO's priorities in the field of governance. As an example, the paper investigates how governance can deviate from democracy in the East Asian model. Subsequently, the global dimension of the debate on democracy and governance is examined, first by identification of the characteristics and agents of democracy in the global setting, and then by allusion to the difficulties of transposing governance to the global level.

www.unesco.org...

edit on 30-9-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: metamagic

originally posted by: sorgfelt

Dr. Easterbrook cherry picked and misused data from the IPCC to get to his conclusions. He is also a speaker at conferences hosted by the Heartland Institute, which, if you know anything, is one of many such organizations created by the Koch brothers to push their deceitful, distorted ideas on Republicans who don't do their research. The Koch brothers make most of their money from oil and gas and spend much of their money buying politicians and putting out propaganda. This is conflict of interest in the extreme, yet you prefer to accept a probable liar and ignore most scientists who are trying to make the best of a complicated set of data. I'll say that it is quite conceivable that climate change is being used by the elite for nefarious purposes, but they will use anything for their nefarious purposes, hoax or not. In this case, it just happens to not be a hoax.

So he testifies that he has no political agenda, doesn't take monies from any entities that might expect certain"favors" and is just showing data with no opinion either way and states that manipulation of data to make models show increasing temperatures is a fact but it's all cherry picked. The committee stated they appreciated his coming to present his data and would use it to weigh along with other data when making difficult decisions.

Can you think of anyone who has a political agenda or takes money to bias results to serve a special interest group who does admit to it? When you are paid shill, you obviously claim the opposite.

If you testify at a senate committee, it would be a crime to commit purjury.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I will say it once again.

It amazes me how climate deniers will ignore the thousands of scientists from multiple fields who ALL concur that climate change is occurring, but cherry pick the one or two dissenters and hold by their position that its a hoax. And if you do research more often than not you will find ties of these dissenters to the fossil fuel industry. Just do a google search and follow the money. Also I dont need scientists to tell me what my eyes are telling me, in the place I have lived the past 43 years of my life I have SEEN the climate change. It is changing and you would have to live under a rock not to see it. Look up the tornado data from 1950 versus now, and tell me that we are not experiencing a change?
edit on 1-10-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I was following along until you linked brietbart. Sorry, but that source is a clearly biased source against Climate Change. I'm not going to take anything they say seriously because they aren't a primary source. I care about the evidence for Climate Change, not some idiotic partisan interpretation of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You didn't click on those links did you? One was for Russia and the other was for China. Also NWO? Really...? I don't care about that conspiracy theory. I care about the evidence for and against Man Made Climate Change.

I mean if you want to make some baseless accusation that everything under the sun is some crazy NWO plot to rule the world (which doesn't make sense since the elite ALREADY rule the world, but whatever), I really have nowhere to go with that. Your evidence is going to be shaky at best and mostly rely on circumstantial evidence and I can't prove a negative. So this conversation is headed for a stalemate.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

Another one of these?

Just come out and admit that you don't care about conserving our environment, that you are selfish, and don't really care about other people.

Just come out and admit that you don't really understand the scientific method, that you dislike any change, and that you would like the status quo to remain in effect forever.

Just come out and admit that you dislike people who are going to lead you into the next century, and that the future can be better for all of us if we stop polluting this planet, and make a sustainable plan for the future.

Just come out and admit that you really don't pay your fair share for hospitals, police, schools, highways, firemen, the military (and you most likely never spent a day in boots), government research into vaccines, cell phones, or even the television you watch 12 hours a day.

Just come out and admit that this is just a political issue for you, and that you are just trolling for a confirmation-bias to make you feel better about yourself while the educated folks around you smile quietly to themselves and pat you on the head like the town dunce.

Just admit it.

Look at the climategate conspiracy and you will admit it is all a hoax. Besides, I don't want to be led into the next century.
I would shepard myself unlike some sheeple.

As the data proves, the 1930's were warmer than any other time since. The carbon does not cause warming as is proven in this presentation. If you really believe what you say, move to China and make a difference where emissions are massive, or protest the container vessels that emit more than millions of consumer vehicles.
Maybe you can stop the .3 degrees per century rise in temperature even though it is relatively 0 since the rise of carbon emissions in the 20th century on.

Just another scam to grab us by the ankles and shake what little change is left in our pockets.
Not to mention the waste of monies spent to support this house of cards.

originally posted by: olbe66

Another one of these?

Just come out and admit that you don't care about conserving our environment, that you are selfish, and don't really care about other people.

Just come out and admit that you don't really understand the scientific method, that you dislike any change, and that you would like the status quo to remain in effect forever.

Just come out and admit that you dislike people who are going to lead you into the next century, and that the future can be better for all of us if we stop polluting this planet, and make a sustainable plan for the future.

Just come out and admit that you really don't pay your fair share for hospitals, police, schools, highways, firemen, the military (and you most likely never spent a day in boots), government research into vaccines, cell phones, or even the television you watch 12 hours a day.

Just come out and admit that this is just a political issue for you, and that you are just trolling for a confirmation-bias to make you feel better about yourself while the educated folks around you smile quietly to themselves and pat you on the head like the town dunce.

Just admit it.

This silly group of folks who think they are doing anything to make the world better. Have fun with your mutual mental masturbation. You are just closet/basement set of losers.I am one of the folks who control you . Try to do something constructive. This is my last post. your efforts are pointless. HA ha. You have been hacked, infiltrated and determined pointless. ///

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

But NASA isn't trying to tell me that pigs fly. They're telling me that the earth is getting warmer and that man is causing it. They have satellites and study this stuff in great detail. It would make sense to listen to them.

Then anecdotally, my own experience of the past 20 years in Vegas confirms it. Then the National Weather Service tells me that We're getting warmer and we just had the hottest June on record ever. It all seems to come together. Don't get me wrong, I read, everything, including dissenting opinions, but I'm finding more and more of those are from bloggers and not scientists.

And for example, I believe in God, but I read Richard Dawkins books. I'm not as one sided as you think I am or as you appear to be.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What they don't realize is that the elite will find ways to make profit regardless of what type of energy is produced.

All it takes is one scientist to provide minimal evidence against climate change and they automatically feel validated and discredit the the overwhelming majority of scientists who provide actual evidence.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

This is the problem that makes it so hard to convince people about Climate Change. The elite being the elite KNOW how to make money. They either figure out how to adapt to the changing market conditions or they go broke. So naturally they'll start looking for loopholes in various Climate inspired legislation. But greedy people being overly greedy isn't evidence against Climate Change. It's just an example of some asshole exploiting something that he knows he shouldn't be exploiting.

The world's elite don't act as one solid opinion block. They are human too; so they'll have different goals and values between each other. To pretend like they all work in lockstep is just dishonest.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: imd12c4funnMan made global warming and ocean acidification thoroughly and scientifically discredited.

From what crackpot did you get such trash!
Every CREDIBLE scientist in the field knows better.
Why is it that you need to ignore the 99.99999% and focus on the 'anomaly'?
You can always find some freak to validate one's own ignorance and belief infestation!
Does your pet monkey also discredit 'evolution'?

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes
(And can find some 'freak website' to 'validate' it!)

You call a WSU Professor crackpot. If you think the Wa State Gov TV channel where this presentation was originally aired a freak site, I hope you are in Florida or somewhere far away so you can live happily without freak government TV and I can live happily without more brainwashed banter.

There are many well educated fools and crackpots!
That you accept without question some "Professor" and some government TV channel without critical thought means that it is just a belief being fed.

"The great snare of thought is the uncritical acceptance of irrational assumptions!" - Will Durant

The internet is full of them, and they all have a website that someone can use to feed his belief infection!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
a reply to: namelesss

Here is a question I've always wanted to ask you fanatics...

If the first thing out of your mouth is an ad-hom name-calling attack, I really don't think that this is any basis for a discussion.
I do not have anything to 'defend' to you.
When you are serious about speaking with me, try it again without the attitude and emotion, a bit more respect, like the respect with which you would like me to respond.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

If you testify at a senate committee, it would be a crime to commit purjury.

And how I wish that applied to the senators as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Don Easterbrook, the man who correctly predicted that we would now be in a definable cooling phase .....

www.cnsnews.com...

Oh, wait .....

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join