It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISLAM...Ban it? Kill the worshippers to kill the ideology upon which they stand?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So..as an american, yes, I've felt the cold tendrils of "Islamic Extremist Terrorist Threat"
which are perpetually served to us on a silver platter via not only the MSM, but also our very
own government. Am I afraid I'll be walking down the street only to have some long bearded
Bin'Laden look-alike come along and behead me for my wicked and heathen ways? Am I
worried that my daughters will be used as a vessel to carry on the lineage of the Islamic
ideology and faith? Am I worried that my wife might be attacked in downtown Denver for
her horrificly western and blasphemic manner of dress?

No.

But honestly, do I want to be exposed to this kind of thought? To the kind of thought that
tells another they are so right, and I and my loved ones are so wrong that we are to be
accosted? That my society should bend at the knee in an effort to placate people from
another culture, another land, for fear of offending them? Should my rights and way of life
either change greatly or end simply because a stranger comes to my home?

No.

I've been thinking about this lately. Spending a good deal of internal processing and effort
on this topic. I'm not happy with the quandary with which I find myself faced.

I strongly believe, that both you and I have the right to live our lives in peace and the way
we wish to live it. The only caveat here is that my rights may not eclipse yours. Your rights
may not eclipse mine.

This is my personal take on things. This is how I personally feel the world should be.

But it is not.

I wrote the title to this thread to be somewhat incendiary and to gain readers. I do not believe
a thought should be banned. After all, when you boil it down...ideology...philosophy...even
religion....they're all thoughts. I do not say that to belittle them. I say this to set a benchmark.

At what point is incrimination for a thought acceptable?

Now, the way I see things...as polls have recently shown, a majority of Islamic Americans
would want a Sharia court of Law in place of the US Congress. We see those who are of Islam
around the world who are doing negative things in the name of their belief towards others who
do not share their belief.

I honestly don't know where a line should, if it should be drawn at all, be drawn.

I do believe it is not only your personal right, but your duty to defend yourself and your rights.
I believe, that if someone willfully infringes upon my rights, it is my right and duty to defend
what is being taken from me.

But this takes us right back to the same quandary. When does it end? Where can any sort of
balance be found?

How can all exist in peace when there are those who feel the way I live,
my life, and those whom I love are blasphemous and wrong?

This is why I am such a jaded man. I do not believe that with man, we can come to such a
place of balance.

I am curious as to your thoughts.

edit on 27-9-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Contrary to popular dogma. I don't spent too much time thinking about Islam.

You can't kill ideas. You just run them underground. That some day will explode back on the scene, and have severe and lasting consequences.

Religion has become so taboo in modern enlightened society. It will be defended as attack on personal freedom thus untouchable.

Religion isn't like money, or guns where people welcome control, like gun regulation, and financial regulation.

The world, and especially western countries just would not 'tolerate' such infringements.

But the west, and the rest of the world is all too happy to just sit back, and bemoan it, and never let a good crisis go to waste.

The inherent problems within religion could be wiped out instantly if the world really wanted to do it.

But they don't.

Too much is gained from it, and little lost other than common sense.
edit on 27-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Any country, any people, any religion, any ideology that forces it's will upon a population should be met with such force and retaliation and violence that no one ever, will try it again.

Live and let live, as long as it never interferes with any other person.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Any country, any people, any religion, any ideology that forces it's will upon a population should be met with such force and retaliation and violence that no one ever, will try it again.

But then, we are guilty of enforcing thought crime.

Believe me, I agree with you. But, again, this is the quandary I've become faced with.

Can one really fight thought crime with thought crime itself?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is from a post on another thread which was so well put I kept it

for reference >>>>>www.abovetopsecret.com...

Credit to Jim Scott.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Islam has to fix itself the same way Christianity did. The problems are largely with the people who follow the faith and the way they have interpreted it. There are ways to interpret it that do not lead one to the chopping off of heads and the other nastiness we see going on, but the only way that can be solved is by the practitioners of the faith in question.

THEY have to decide that behavior, those interpretations will no longer be tolerated or allowed to continue. But until that happens, we're stuck with what we see.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

You can't kill an ideology.

a majority of Islamic Americans
would want a Sharia court of Law in place of the US Congress

That's just fear mongering. People want a lot of things. They don't always get them. And if you look at the United States, its citizens, and the principles upon which the government was founded and exists, there is NO threat of sharia law (happening) in the US.

We see those who are of Islam
around the world who are doing negative things in the name of their belief towards others who

We see a lot of people do a lot of horrible things due to their beliefs, religious or otherwise, so why single out Islam?

Islam is not the problem. Extremism and distorted thinking (of ANY kind) IS.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
Sure is fixed!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We're all guilty of it at some time or another. Currently, the US is very guilty of it. I think when any large population reaches a threshold they start imposing their will upon the people. It's why I rebel against any political or religious ideology, because they are all guilty.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, because last I checked we're sooo busy with the widespread burning of Wiccans at the stake.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is what you take out of that?

Religion, all of them, is used all over the world to justify atrocious acts.

It is just the tool they use, we don't blame the tools used right?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

As neo eluded to, the only way the crazy-train is going to be stopped is by supplanting a new ideology that overrides yet compliments existing dogma.......like a UFO landing and Jesus and Mohammed climbing out holding hands and stating that God sent them to tidy up the cluster-flux that is the human race.

Then, all Christians, Muslims and the vast majority of atheists and others can share in the new cosmic awesomeness that both the bible and Koran predicted would happen.

That, or kill everyone.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Personally i dont really care what people do with their lives as long as they intend on being a productive member of a civil society.
Being a civil society does not mean that muslims have to bow to the white man, but it does mean for them to coexist in peace with us.

The link i provide shows how muslims are stepping that line and i do not feel that we should stand for it.
We are not perfect, yet i hear muslims state that they have a perfect religion. How can a religion be perfect when it causes people to act like savages (all manors of faith have caused this)

Why would immigrants want to come to the US and then try to change our very way of existance?
Why not save yourselves the trouble, just stay where ever it is they came from and live their "peacefull" lives out with others that are like minded and of the same beliefs.

I cannot even fathom for a second why or how the police are letting these extreamists get away with this garbage right in their own back yards,mthey are called Muslim No Go Zones.
The UK has unfortunately been dealing with it for awhile. Now the USA is seeing it

truthuncensored.net...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Religion has become so taboo in modern enlightened society. It will be defended as attack on personal freedom thus untouchable.

What!? In Western society, the overwhelming majority are religious. They still knock on my door, and they still accost me with flyers for their brand of religion on my car, in my mailbox, and on my doorknob when I don't answer the door. There's a church on every frickin corner in the town I live in. How is it taboo? It's all over the place?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I like how Canada is handling their terrorists who have been convicted of terrorism, they go to jail and lose their citizenship. I think CSIS is doing a good job with their investigations as well. I may not be fond of Prime Minister Stephan Harper, but he says he will accept refugees, but not at the compromise of Canada's security, all must be investigated and documented.
Sharia laws have no place anywhere on this continent. If people try to enforce Sharia law, they should lose.citizenship and be deported. Other than that , I think helping those people who really need help is a good thing. I still hold my personal belief that the majority of people are good people who want to live in peace. But it is also my personal belief that any one group being introduced to a different culture should not be able to take over neighbourhoods for themselves, that would most likely lead to big problems. Integrate or leave to a country that is more in line with your personal beliefs.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

You can't kill an ideology.

a majority of Islamic Americans
would want a Sharia court of Law in place of the US Congress

That's just fear mongering. People want a lot of things. They don't always get them. And if you look at the United States, its citizens, and the principles upon which the government was founded and exists, there is NO threat of sharia law (happening) in the US.

We see those who are of Islam

We see a lot of people do a lot of horrible things due to their beliefs, religious or otherwise, so why single out Islam?

Islam is not the problem. Extremism and distorted thinking (of ANY kind) IS.

It may not replace Congress, but I would not be surprised to see Sharia Law zones happening in the future.
And I do think its time to nix the lines about infidels in the Koran.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But then, we are guilty of enforcing thought crime.

Believe me, I agree with you. But, again, this is the quandary I've become faced with.

Can one really fight thought crime with thought crime itself?

We allow people to allow their beliefs to put rules and limitations on themselves, not on others. You have the right to enforce your beliefs on you and you alone. Nobody has the religious freedom to apply their beliefs to others - not in the US at least.

One can think a woman is Satan incarnate for showing a little wrist, but that's where the rights to such a belief end. There is no privilege to act upon such a brief against the heathen wrist-skin showing floozy.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

BS lies.
No go zones my arse.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You can't kill an idea. First off it's insane to contemplate killing a billion innocent people. Second it will spontaneously regenerate and probably a larger violent movement of radicals will arise from the people that survived.

Scary genocide title.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Exactly.

Surely, some do indeed use that tool to justify horrific acts of evil.

On the flip side of the coin, so to is that tool used to inspire acts of uncommon good.

Guess which we'll always hear more about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join