It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Needs The Bible to Know RIGHT from WRONG?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

How did the BIBLE become such an "evil" thing? Better question: How much TIME have you devoted yourself in seeking TRUTH; asking for understanding?

This is why you're broke, busted and disgusted, waiting for "doom"; while being played by TPTB, like a cheap instrument. God warned you, but you no listen! Now, you blame God. Maybe, you should read!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: nullafides

Of the Ten Commandments...5-10 are excellent tools for getting along in society.
Plus, when born, we as all animals, have no sense of right from wrong.

incorrect once the first couple knew good (right) and evil (wrong) everyone since knows right from wrong from birth. We are not animals who need to be taught. this is why a baby who learns that mama will come when they cry will cry just to get what they want held, food, attention and the being will do that for the rest of their lives.

It would appear that where some stand upon the shoulders of giants......

You're at ease down in the valley.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

giants like whom?

I would rather be in a valley with plenty than a mountain top with nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ummm...

Yeah

And...next?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think the question was "giants like whom?"

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There seems to be a bit of confusion between belief and faith.

Many people will only believe in something if there is evidence. This is very easy.

Faith in something allows you to believe without evidence. This is more difficult and many people are unable to believe without evidence. These people are often unable to understand faith and criticise those who practice it.

As for organised religion, my personal belief (without evidence!) is that much of it was geared towards social control. If you have a finite time in existence, why bother living a good life? Why not just go postal and enjoy it? Unfortunately that would be self destructive and would lead to anarchy.

On the other hand if you believe there is something after death that requires good behaviour while alive, you are more likely to be a good boy. Religious groups often use this to enforce control to their own ends. Take it from someone who has grown up in a society torn apart by religion based unrest.

I have faith in God. I believe there is a God up there. That doesn't mean that I believe in religion.

My 2p.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And an equally large section who needs to pay their taxes, as in "render unto Caesar...."

As to the rest, I'm not sure why some people need a book or religion to keep them from raping, killing or stealing, but I sure am glad they have it.
edit on 1-10-2015 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't no about grainsofsand, but I am saying pixies, fairies, ghosts and gods don't exist because there is no testable evidence that they do, rather -- only eyewitness testimony -- which is widely regarded as imperfect and flawed.

Now -- show me some proof, and I will turn on a dime. i will run through the streets shouting "Hallelujah!"

Me: 8 years of parochial school, no beef with god or the bible. I just remain unimpressed with the evidence, and with the majority of religious people, their motivations and actions.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I am a skeptic, I understand your position, I would be just as firm in that stance, except I have this problem. i have had multiple encounters over a lifetime, none of which I wanted to or sought, and most of the time my experiences were either corroborated by preponderance of others testimony that came before (notorious), or witnessed with other people directly.

I love to debunk and debunking my own should be easier, if I could, I would.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I recall my response as being...

So, you know...take it for what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I recall my response as being...

So, you know...take it for what it's worth.

I remember your response as this

Ummm...

Yeah

And...next?

I guess I missed the So, you know part somewhere because it is not in the thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
one has to read it....it's not ay all about that....right or wrong

edit on 3-10-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I don't no, but billions of people do.

You forgot the talking snake

'Its in the ten commandments to not take the lords name in vain. Rape is not up there, by the way.
Rape is not a ten commandment. But don't say the dudes name with a #ty attitude'- Louis CK.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizenRape is among the civil laws God gave to Israel.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Where does the OP say the Bible is evil? They didn't even mention the word evil. Or blame god as far as I can tell.

And how do you know the OP is broke and busted and disgusted- what does that even mean?

Maybe, you should stop putting words in peoples mouths and try reading the OP properly.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

It's still not a commandment.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

No but it is god's word for Israel. He called his word for them Commandments, Laws, Judgments, Ordinances, Precepts, Ways, testimonies, Statutes, and his Word

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Now -- show me some proof, and I will turn on a dime. i will run through the streets shouting "Hallelujah!"

One cannot see that which he knows doesn't exist...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

edit on 4-10-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join