It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is NOT a Christian nation, but is a nation built on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have you been hearing the news recently ? Have you seen the reactions of some of the politicians? Did you not see Boehner weep like a die-hard fan at a Michael Jackson concert?

The signs are there. They don't need to confirm; their body languages and actions confirm it.

Newsflash! The majority of politicians in the government are Christians.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Exactly, and Boehner is a Roman Catholic.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

For me, I am concerned that the Roman Catholic Church is getting involved in US domestic issues. If he keeps it at "talk" during a formal visit, great. If the Vatican decides it is time to "restore" their influence on the world stage as a Political Leadership then we have a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There is no way the Vatican can "restore" their influence on the world stage. Nor is there any threat or need to worry about such things. Do you honestly think the left would be cheering the pope if tomorrow he came out and started preaching about restoring Christian theocracies throughout the world? No, of course not because the left actually cares about separation of church and state. So they would be the first to speak out against it. Then throw in the people on the right who care about it and that idea would be squashed like a bug hitting a windshield at 80 mph.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The masons accept Jesus as a prophet. They also accept that prophets founded all the major religions that teach one Creator and the divinity or light within.

Masons don't claim Jesus Christ is the Light within, unless they are Christian, but they do believe in the internal Light, the Holy Spirit. So from a Christian standpoint I believe it is acceptable to say Masons believe in Christ within, since Christ is the Light and Holy Spirit for Christian Masons.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Manipulation is very deliberate, patient and slow. I don't think you understand this. Have you ever seen a psychopath manipulate his victim? Do you know how long they take before they are confident that their manipulative hold is strong?

Catholic church is no different.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

At both the federal and state levels, the law of the United States is largely derived from the common law system of Christian English law, which was in force at the time of the Revolutionary War.

No it's not.

England was a monarchy. It was the oppression of the church and the monarchy that spurred the revolutionary war, and caused the founding fathers to institute a Democratic Republic, established BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE

A democratic republic is, strictly speaking, a country that is both a republic and a democracy. It is one where ultimate authority and power is derived from the citizens, and the government itself is run through elected officials. Wikipedia

The founding father were more influenced by Athenian democracy than by Christian/English laws.

Athens in the 4th to 5th century BCE had an extraordinary system of government, whereby all male citizens had equal political rights, freedom of speech, and the opportunity to participate directly in the political arena. This system was democracy. Further, not only did citizens participate in a direct democracy whereby they themselves made the decisions by which they lived, but they also actively served in the institutions that governed them, and so they directly controlled all parts of the political process.
www.ancient.eu...

Please show how the concept of Freedom of Religion is supported by Christian doctrine. And, please don't repost that cut and paste, unsourced proselytizing sermon on "Love your neighbor", when the New Testament clearly condemns unbelievers.

2 John 1:9-11
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

2 John 1:7
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

edit on 24-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
The masons accept Jesus as a prophet. They also accept that prophets founded all the major religions that teach one Creator and the divinity or light within.

Dude, where are you getting this stuff from? There is absolutely nothing in Masonic ritual or teachings that make those claims. Stop making stuff up.

Masons don't claim Jesus Christ is the Light within, unless they are Christian, but they do believe in the internal Light, the Holy Spirit. So from a Christian standpoint I believe it is acceptable to say Masons believe in Christ within, since Christ is the Light and Holy Spirit for Christian Masons.

There is no Masonic doctrine about belief in the Holy Spirit.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: neo96

Does it offend you that a Christian is asking Christians to behave like a Christian?

Well to put it bluntly.

My faith is between me, and my maker. Not what someone else thinks it should be.

And I will thank the Pope,his defenders, and others to stop side seat driving.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I have to say that is some true to this statement even if some think is not, the reason? well US is debating lately the role of religion in government affairs, specially since the issue of gay rights to marry came to be

Pope comes to America to exercises his rights as a politician to talk in congress.

Now America is revisiting the sins of the past, abortion, gay rights and Christian America base principles.

Now everybody is turning either spiritual or religious with the pope roaming playing politics.

So America has to be Christian, well not really, no Christian just Jesus loving nation

Same cram different characters.

You all have been played

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

There are no "Christian Laws", except the 10 commandments that could be defined by a legal code.

It is better to say this nation was founded on the highest moral principles taught by Jesus, and that the laws were formed in an attempt to direct man to be free and moral according to those principles.

But you are right. there can be no Christian Laws outside of the 10 commandments, because the only Christian Law taught by Christ is to Love your neighbor.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution
You do realize that this country was built on rape, greed, theft, and mass slaughter, don't you? Over one million were killed.
Link

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Manipulation is very deliberate, patient and slow. I don't think you understand this. Have you ever seen a psychopath manipulate his victim? Do you know how long they take before they are confident that their manipulative hold is strong?

Catholic church is no different.

How is the pope manipulating anyone by just talking to them? He is being no more manipulative than any other talking head on television.

link   
a reply to: windword

LOL,

I even used the Berkley Law site as my source... go argue with them.

link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
There are no "Christian Laws", except the 10 commandments that could be defined by a legal code.

Yeah, expect the majority of them are not codified into United States law in any way whatsoever.

It is better to say this nation was founded on the highest moral principles taught by Jesus, and that the laws were formed in an attempt to direct man to be free and moral according to those principles.

You can say that but then you would by lying.

But you are right. there can be no Christian Laws outside of the 10 commandments, because the only Christian Law taught by Christ is to Love your neighbor.

The 10 Commandments had nothing to do with Jesus, that was part of the much more convoluted Mosaic Law.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Does it offend you that a Christian is asking Christians to behave like a Christian?

Well to put it bluntly.

My faith is between me, and my maker. Not what someone else thinks it should be.

And I will thank the Pope,his defenders, and others to stop side seat driving.

I'll take that as a yes then.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: windword

LOL,

I even used the Berkley Law site as my source... go argue with them.

Doesn't make them right. It's just an opinion. You know, you can hire a lawyer to defend anything if you have the money.

Please address the issue; How is "Freedom of Religion" taught in the New Testament, or by Jesus?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If I recall history correctly, there were nearly 60 million American Indians living before the euro infestation. The Indians saw spirit in everything and lived in unison with the land. The Anglo's destroyed a superior spiritual people compared to the Christian Barbarians. So no, American was not founded at all. It was stolen and replaced with white heathens with far worse superstitious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
No!
It was not founded on religious law or principles.

Religion does not own the principles it was founded on.
edit on thThu, 24 Sep 2015 14:41:21 -0500America/Chicago920152180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A candidate is “brought to light.” “Let there be light” is the motto of the Craft. It is one of the key words of Masonry.

Freemasons are emphatically called the Sons of Light, because they are, or at least are entitled to be, in possession of the true meaning of the symbol; while the profane or uninitiated who have not received this knowledge are, by a parity of expression, said to be in darkness.

www.masonicdictionary.com...

If you don't understand the Light in Freemasonry represents Devine knowledge there is not much I can do to help you understand.

In Christianity, Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit and the source of that Light of Wisdom.

Belief in God is a requirement. If a Mason is a Christian it is accepted that Jesus is his prophet. If a Mason is a Muslim it is accepted that Mohammed is his prophet. If a man is Buddhist it is accepted that Buddha is his prophet.

This does not mean that all Masons accept Jesus as a prophet, but they all accept that Jesus is a prophet for some. The Masons are secular, and teach religious acceptance, wich is part of the reason we have freedom of religion.

If you don't understand the Spiritual journey found in the Light of Freemasonry I suggest you are the one in error.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join