It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest Of Dean Pig Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The head of a huge wild boar has been nailed to a tree - near a popular family trail.

In response to the severed head incident, the Forest of Dean Wild Boar Cull Hunt Saboteurs has installed trail cameras at popular spots to try and catch those responsible.

www.westerndailypress.co.uk...

The Boar Cull Saboteurs are wonderful people. They posted the contact details of an elderly couple on their facebook page with the implied invitation to target their house. The comments below were obviously the products of very sick minds. I referred to it here as a new low that I wouldn't publicise, and suddenly they deleted it. All coincidence I'm sure.

The general tone of the cull sab facebook page seems to have improved since I referred to them here as most likely a spook led divide and rule operation. These are the people who are now putting hidden cameras up in the forest in response to a bit of tasteless tree decor.

Talk about problem, reaction, solution.
edit on 24 9 2015 by Kester because: spacing

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Is this to do with Piggate? you know Cameron putting his willy into a pigs mouth?.

Or is it another pig related situation?.
Also who would be against a Pig cull? I mean bacon?.
edit on 24-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've enjoyed reading your threads about this Kester, but I'm still not entirely sure about what's going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the gist: hunting groups are introducing pigs into the forest, but the population is growing rapidly and so they are using large-scale culling strategies, which are possibly cruel and unnecessary. The best solution is to quit introducing so many pigs, and keep the population in check with more humane methods. But certain hunting groups enjoy killing the pigs en masse and prefer there to be a large population.

Is that the way of it?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I doubt Cameron was involved. His sort rarely master basic life skills like using a hammer.

Some of the anti-cull people use language such as this.

Block the murdering subhumans
www.facebook.com...

The term suhuman is typically used to encourage easily influenced individuals to justify to themselves committing crimes against those labelled subhuman.

No gift of psychiatric interpretation is required to see that this attitude was conceived as granting an unrestricted licence to ill-treat and exploit the "subhumans" as inclination directed...
www.wordnik.com...

References to pixies are also found on the sab facebook.

go pixies
Human individuals sabotaging shooting seats in the Forest of Dean call themselves pixies. This is an insult to pixies who are tired of being blamed for others misdeeds. More importantly this is a common way for trouble stirrers to get young and/or easily led people to incriminate themselves. Encouraging them to mentally distance themselves from their actions. This way madness lies.

Going by the shoddily taught mental programming evident on the boar sab facebook I'd say the anti cull people are part traitor spook, part useful idiot and part those who simply feel another's suffering far more strongly than most.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

No one is admitting to a deliberate stocking policy. Yet the growth of the population cannot be accidental given that we have endless experienced advice from Texas, Italy, Sweden and many other places. The creatures are being romanticised as 'Wild Boar' returned to their natural habitat after hundreds of years. They're pigs. They've lived next to us for countless thousands of years. They aren't some untouchable artwork that must be adored and given religious respect as if we are something separate from the environment.

Piecing this story together is very difficult, there are so many secretive elements, outright lies, plus the intimidation of elderly countryfolk, all suggesting there's a lot more going on here than animal welfare issues. As with other events in the British countryside this situation is being used mainly to cause discord between people.

The different elements all have their potential gain. Restaurants, pubs, meat suppliers, hunters, poachers and the wildlife tourist industry all have a strong financial interest in an actively breeding and dispersing population.

Video evidence of pigs being released would be a bombshell. I very strongly suspect it's happening and I'd love to prove it, but it's a big forest and getting video evidence is most likely a hopeless task.

I read recently how to be accepted by the pigs, the method is simple but time consuming. They aren't terribly shy unless they've been hunted heavily. They know how tough they are and don't show the same timidity as deer. Following the pigs around on a daily or almost daily basis results in the young pigs getting used to you. When they grow up you can get close to their piglets. These piglets grow up with you as a familiar presence and allow you to get very close without feeling threatened. It must be possible to forage for food in their diggings and sleep in a huddle with them. I expect this has happened throughout history and domestication may have been more of a co-operative long term arrangement than is generally assumed.

Living with the pigs is probably the only way to build up an accurate picture of the situation. With that sort of experience you'd soon be able to recognise newly released pigs fresh to the forest.

new topics

top topics

join