It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to spend point bonuses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
when you get an applause from staff members in your inbox, what does it mean that you get awarded 500 bonus points?
can these points be spent? which stat do they affect? how do i use them? what are they good for?

thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
hi
once upon a time, you needed some points to get into specific forums, and to use other advanced features.
that was trashed a long time ago, the points are now useless.
the "applause" is just a notification that you contributed something of value to the discussion.
would be nice if we could use those points say for a discount on the products we see on the ads on this site
wink wink to the ATS overlords

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You can't. Maybe someday they'll open the store and we can get t shirts, coffee mugs, eavesdropping devices and How To books on wiretapping. I never got the complete set.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
oh i saw someone with like 3 million stars but only 1,200 posts sop i assumed that they used these points to get them. i have no idea how they got so many stars then

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

so you like them stars huh ?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You Can Not buy stars and flags. Those are given only by members. The points, as I said, were for an online store that exited once upon a time and is now gone. The points could be used, along with real money, to get stuff with the ATS logo.

The "3 million stars" was a programming glitch when they upgraded the site. Some got millions , some got their actual count.
edit on 21-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The millions of stars you see in some members profiles is a bug that happened back when ATS changed format, It caused many older members to suddenly have millions of stars that they didn't have before.

ATS points: they are nothing but bragging rights for now. As others have said, in the past you were able to "purchase" things with the points, but that system is no longer in place.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

The millions of stars you see in some members profiles is a bug that happened back when ATS changed format, It caused many older members to suddenly have millions of stars that they didn't have before.

ATS points: they are nothing but bragging rights for now. As others have said, in the past you were able to "purchase" things with the points, but that system is no longer in place.

ah ok.

thanks everybody, so far im happy with my star and flag count i have so ill keep it at that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

They had to overhaul the points system after the UFO debacle. They made a deal with the Alterans that if someone reached 5 billion points they could get a small disk and flying lessons. No one thought it would happen so they agreed.

Long story short, after posting almost 24/7 for three years a member, who shall remain nameless, hit 5 billion points and they had to give them a ship. They used it to buzz people out in the middle of nowhere until a farmer with a shotgun damaged it. Now it's sitting in their garage on blocks.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is the nifty secret ATS store where you can spend your ATS points. There are super cool and useful stuff such as the very popular Remote Wrangler:

I think Drew Carey said it best though:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Interesting the stars were never fixed or some ball pack adjustment made. Good speculation fodder.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I keep suggesting the owners pay us a dollar for each ATS point, but so far they haven't gone for it.

I can't imagine why not.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I'd take donuts for 'em........

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It would be cool if we could cash them in for ATS hats or coffee cups or whatever. Wink. Wink. I think that might get expensive after a while though. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
There is the nifty secret ATS store where you can spend your ATS points. There are super cool and useful stuff such as the very popular Remote Wrangler:

[/yvid]

How do I order one?
Can I choose another color that's not green

And I am bald will it still fit, linky please
edit on 21-9-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
maybe you guys could put in an applause stat that acts like flags and stars? A special hard to get stat that others can see maybe?
edit on 21-9-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

i dont know, i like the applause, but if there is ever something implemented is there anything keeping count of these points at all?
edit on 21-9-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

maybe the applause points could affect the karma or wayabovetopsecret score i never understood how those points are gained
edit on 22-9-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'd like to think it's just because I'm totally awesome, but that's just me...

If you want to live in my world and rock to my soundtrack, here you go:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

There used to be an actual ATS online shop if memory serves me well...

Found it...

ATS Web Shop

Not sure if you used to be able to use points for buying something...

Peace
edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 22 Sep 2015 12:20:06 -0500pm302020159 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
when i get my hands on a few dollars i want an ATS T-shirt!!!

thatd be pretty rad imo.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Bought the hat a few years ago, of course I lost it after the move, but it was fun while it lasted, as far as I can tell its through cafepress, so you can still order, but by all means dont take my word for it, it was a few years ago.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join