It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoax Exposed: Muslim Student Ahmed Mohamed’s ‘Briefcase Clock’ is 1980s Digital Alarm Clock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"It was a Hoax.
Ahmed Mohamed’s claims that he assembled a clock at home that he took to school is starting to unravel.
Two investigators who have studied the image of Mohamed’s device provided by Irving, Texas police have concluded that Mohamed did not make the clock. Both conclude that Mohamed disassembled a manufactured clock and installed it in a large pencil box without its casing. And both say it is possible it was done to provoke suspicion or to resemble a bomb.
Update: Clock has been identified as being sold in a 1986 Radio Shack catalogue by an Art Voice reader. The headline and text for this article has been changed to reflect the update."

Source:
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Sorry. Overlook personal comments, but not much to add as this article seems to say it all. According to the text, as an alarm clock, it is therefore a countdown timer, hidden in an innocent looking container. Exactly as down with terrorist bombs. However, I doubt that the kid is a budding terrorist. Still, what was he thinking?

It remains to be seen if the incredibly insane media frenzy response to the original story will continue at the same fever pitch. Let's see if how they sanitized the actual details.

Of course, this explanation I've put up could be all or mostly a hoax itself. we'll see....
edit on 20-9-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The whole thing was a controlled psy-ops to give Obama a PR boost.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This young man knew it looked like a bomb. He said so in his post interrogation interview. Instead of going to the White House, he should be suspended just like the kid that bit the pop tart into the shape of a gun.

I wonder if he will be on a watch list now for a few years. Probably.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Isn't there already a thread discussing this on the front page of ATS?
edit on 20-9-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Non sense like this is what divides people.
He never even came close to saying that.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this issue here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When I first read about this story, I suspected it was assembled in such a way as to create confusion.

On the face of it, it looks innocent enough, but the connotations of what it could have been. Well, I could see why the teacher freaked a little.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Isn't there already a thread discussing this on the front page of ATS?

You tell me.
I check 30 seconds before I put it up and saw nothing on new where it would have shown it a new story.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Non sense like this is what divides people.
He never even came close to saying that.

You are wrong. He did say that he knew it might look suspicious. Go to 1:36 in this interview and listen.

edit on 20-9-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
People on watch list should not go to the white house.

That means that none of us questioning the official story can go but the clocksmith will.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ya he said it might, and then said that he took steps to make it look less.

That is not him saying that he knew it would cause all of this, just him being aware of what people might think, or him saying he knew it looked like a bomb.

If you disagree with the pop tart incident then you should apply the same logic here.
Zero tolerance is bad.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why didn't the bomb squad show up? Why wasn't the school evacuated? Why did they handcuff him and keep in in a room with the clock until the police showed up? If they thought it was a bomb, they certainly didn't react like it was a bomb....

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If it had been a white republicans kid he would be in jail

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yeah, there's one already. It's on the ATS front page.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

because his name was Ahmed Mohamed. such an innocent name no one ever expect a person with that name to do anything that would pose a danger to anyone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

He got arrested...

And are you really going to judge him based on his name alone?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Many fbi patsies are sittin in jail today for this exact type of event

a hoax bomb is illegal

no good muslim parent would let their kid outta the house with anything like this

he left his future up to the school and police to determine his intent and it is going to get ugly for him now because the case is still open

race skin color or religion do not factor into this the way many want them too

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

actually I was making comment as to why there was no bomb squad called.

I made no judgement on him.

But he will claim he was arrested and harassed because his name we Ahmed Mohamed and others have made the claim they were singled out because their names were Islamic/Muslim names.

edit on 20-9-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join