It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have a thing for Anthony Bourdain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
And I never have a thing for anyone.
What is it about this guy? Is it the locations? Is it the somewhat intimate conversations he has with his guests? Like you are right there sitting with them in some dive bar noshing on yunmmy, exotic foods and thowing back a few drinks. Is it his brutal honesty? Is it his flawed human frailty that he utterly embraces?

I can't figure it out. Does anyone else find themselves subject to his swarthy, bit-of-a-naughty-lush charm?

I hate that this is my first post on ATS. I am a bit deeper than this - really. No, I actually am.

I guess maybe I fell into this simply because his new season is starting and they are playing promos for it over and over. And the song snippet is amazing, I just love it. But apparently it's not even a full song. Maybe that's what the attraction is, the sense of wanting more. That damn intro music.

Or, maybe I'm just an overly romantic, sexually frustrated, Gen Xer with a hard crush.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He has a nice voice and is charismatic. Plus he is very interesting. I only watch his show every now and again, but I can easily see why one would have a crush on him.
edit on 19-9-2015 by peppycat because: computer changing my words

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Being a straight man, I don't share your crush, but I do like his shows. The one with Bill Murray in New York's Hudson Valley was great.
I'm a bit of an amateur chef, so that's a big part of my interest. The guy does know food, for sure.

This is good:

Here's a snippet of the Bill Murray one:

edit on 19-9-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anthony Bourdain " No Reservations " Anthony At his finest. What's not to like ?

Anthony Bourdain " Parts Unknown " CNN has taken the grit from Mr. Bourdain which has given us a more politically correct Anthony. Ratings have dropped 21% which is unfortunate. We all like money but being under the thumb of a huge corporation has a tendency to stifle ones true nature. I've viewed every episode of " No Reservations " Loved it.

" Parts Unknown " ? He appears out of his element and just doesn't seem as happy.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

Interesting.

Thanks all for the feedback.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Funny you should put this up, I also crush on him and his grey hair.
I've watched every show I can find of his, he has a great job doesn't he?

Parts Unknown

edit on 19-9-2015 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I always thought the couple of shows he did with his brother in south America, (was it Uruguay?)....were really good.
on quite a few of them from a few years ago, he reaaallly got S**tfaced a lot...now I think he's toned it down....well, for him, toned it down....if I ate like him though, I'd be 400 lbs.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
yep, I've got the same crush. He seems like a fun guy, sensual (food is, so...), a thinker, smart, a bit rough around the edges.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sign me up! He's such a diplomat too; always knows the right thing to say. And he gets absolutely smashed! Sometimes they even let the camera get blurry to imply it. And remember the night he smoked the hookah pipe in a restaurant in Amsterdam? He could barely speak!

Yep. He's a little heart throb alright.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That chat with Bill Murray was great!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So glad it's not just me.
He's a bit older than I might typically prefer but, still, he does it for me.

I think too that I just like guys that are interested in the world, not just interesting themselves. Who knew curiosity was so sexy?
edit on 19-9-2015 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Never heard of him before. Probably due to the fact that I never watch television, but this is the first mention I have run across online.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Check out his books. He narrates one of his books, "Kitchen Confidential" -- it's a great audiobook!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Says Archer, dressed as Tom Selleck, with a pumpkin full of Halloween candy...

That's cute.

edit on 19-9-2015 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Guess I'm back to turning CNN off if he's on again. Can't stand him really.

I don't get why I should want to watch some guy stuffing his face. I'm surprised he's not 500
Pounds with all he eats. He must not really be eating it!
Sure the locations might be nice but I don't fancy the guy. He seems arrogant and sleazy.

Nice you like him. I wondered who his fans were.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Ah well, to each his or her own, ya know? Though I must admit, it surprises me that I'm into him. Not usually my type.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Dudes hysterical and entertaining. His show "the layover" was a real dog, but hey....he didn't create the format. He knows his food, he knows some of the most fascinating Chef's and his commentary rocks! The whole insider thing works for him, an No Reservations was as much a travelog of different countries as it was about the food.

That said, he doesn't float my boat but I'd happily have a beer with him.

btw....he "got me" when he went to the top of Mt. Fuji huffing & puffing & the first thing he did was sit down & grab a smoke....damn the altitude sickness & no oxygen!!! I've been hooked ever since. Altho declaring in Russia he definitely wasn't eating raw organ meat held without refrigeration was a close runner up. Andrew Zimmer would have shoveled that crap right down.......rookie!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hmmm old spice, sweat and potatoes.

Oo

I've seen him but never his show.
edit on 19-9-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I adore him also, he's the type of guy you can just hop on a bar stool next to
and start talking about anything and the next thing you know your spitting your drink across the room
laughing hysterically.

I've seen every episode of every show and look forward to the next season. I must admit there are
a few times I have gotten up and walked out of the room due to the hacking or cooking of some poor animal LOL
I get over it quickly though because hell it's Anthony Bourdain!!!!

He's like a very fine wine really sour in his earlier years, but mellowed with age ... I loved him when he was just squeezed raw, sexy and unfiltered today he's a husband a father and tamed ...still love him though.

I think my favorite older episode was when Anthony's eating a stew of some sort and he's questioning what he is eating
one of the guys says it's "SQUEEZEL" Anthony says what the F--- is SQUEEZEL as he pulls a 3 inch quill out of his mouth ....
Oh ok I know what Squeezel is now ...... funny stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

looooove bourdain. he is so funny and his show is great. his books are great. his appearances as a judge on top chef were great. although i have to check everything out from the library on dvd because i don't have channels, so i am a little bit behind. can't wait for the new season to get out on dvd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join