It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee Crisis: Facts and Myths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

]Refugee Crisis: Facts and Myths

Upon discovering this article today I felt it was very important to bring it to our members of ATS and to continue the discussion about the pro's and con's of the migration of Immigrants, Asylum seekers and Refugees flooding into the Western States from the third world countries.

Some of the points brought up from this left me feeling personally validated in my thoughts on this ever expanding challenge. It is possible that regardless of your view points on this crisis, you too will find validation through this insightful article.

The following informational brochure was composed by a European reader who volunteers for an organization that assists refugees in her country. She created this guide to counter the hype and disinformation surrounding the European “migration crisis”, and suggests that her brochure be reproduced and distributed to anyone interested in what is happening. Her explanations serve as an antidote to the all the media propaganda that currently saturates the airwaves and the intertubes.

2. If we don’t take the Syrians in, they are going to stay in Syria and die!

Answer: Again, most Syrians who reach Europe were already in Turkey, which is a peaceful country and welcomes Syrian refugees. Those who chose to come here were by no means under bombs and bullets before they came here, and could have stayed there and allowed the law to take its course and the UNHCR to resettle them in an orderly fashion.

3. But aren’t these boat refugees the poorest of the poor that we have to take pity on and care for anyway?

Answer: The average boat refugee has paid somewhere between $600 and $20000 (depending on how far he has traveled and by which means) dollars per person to the criminal human traffickers and smugglers to get to the country of his choice in Europe.

People with that kind of money at their disposal in the Third World are not poor by any means and can have a relatively comfortable life in whatever Middle Eastern region that they live in, and don’t need to come to us for help.

By contrast those refugees who are not leaving their camps in the Middle East and stay there patiently are the poorest ones, and they should be the object of our compassion. But now, unfortunately, because of this illegal influx of boat refugees, no time, money, or attention is left for us to devote to them, and this is indeed an unjust state of affairs that should have never been allowed to come about.

I strongly urge you to take a few minutes and read through the whole brochure/article and hopefully walk away with a clearer vision of what is and has and will continue to take place in this mass exodus from the smoldering and depleted third world countries. To be honest the part that really gets me is how the most vulnerable and poor are the deserving ones for what the west represents yet as I suspected, the very last to receive help and aid.

gatesofvienna.net...

edit on pm930pmSat, 19 Sep 2015 12:44:46 -0500 by antar because: Picture of little boy...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
here is the 'conclusion' of the article linked in the OP, amazing that it seems to resonate with the majority of ATS members and their view points on this urgent situation:

Conclusion:

In addition the drain that this lawless chaos has caused for us, it will also eat into our valuable and very limited resources to achieve the following important and necessary things:

1. Take care of our own needy and vulnerable citizens who should be our first priority.
2. Help the real refugees who are registered with UNHCR and would really benefit from our attention and financial help.
3. Contribute to Syria’s rebuilding once the war is over.
4. Help any other country in need.

edit on Sun Sep 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Great article with some important information to consider.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Great and relevant post.

Also, if said refugees complain about the lack of WIFI for their smartphones when housed after reaching (in this case) Denmark, then .. well.. then I am at a loss for words. :-/

Obviously then their priorities are something else than just getting away form bombs and snipers.

The REAL victims are definitely not the ones traveling to and through Europe.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
so....how many billions are being donated from rich Muslim countries to help these other Muslims out?.....I think the Saudi's, and the rulers of Qatar, U.A.E., and Bahrain, are all having a good laugh when they talk about "the westerners putting up the money" for this.....also, why can't China, Russia, and India, take in a few thousand?....why is it ONLY Europe and America's responsibility?.....I smell something and it stinks.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It has been reported in the media that a recent poll showed that only 1 in 10 are from Syria. What I find puzzling is that some of the men are prepared use violence as a means to secure a way into Europe. If they can justify violence in this way why have they fled in terror? Why not stay and fight for freedom?
edit on 19-9-2015 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Turkey is hardly 'safe'.

Not surprising from the source, bet they are the same people that think all the chrisitans need to be lifted out of their asap and everyone else needs to fend for themselves.
rationalwiki.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Obviously every source is okay here meanwhile. Sometimes the source tells more about the poster than about the subject.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Turkey is hardly 'safe'.

Not surprising from the source, bet they are the same people that think all the chrisitans need to be lifted out of their asap and everyone else needs to fend for themselves.
rationalwiki.org...

Truth sometimes comes from strange places.

FYI, a phobia (as in Islamophobia) is an unrealistic fear. Europe being over-ran by Islamists doesn't seem too unrealistic at this point. Therefore, a reasonable fear, not a phobia.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

It is when you think they are just inherently evil.
They underlying implication of all this is that these people don't need help and are just trying to destroy the EU.

There is little 'truth' in this IMO, there is opinion sure, but truth has much more qualifications.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It is when you think they are just inherently evil.
They underlying implication of all this is that these people don't need help and are just trying to destroy the EU.

There is little 'truth' in this IMO, there is opinion sure, but truth has much more qualifications.

It is possible to imply that these migrants are inherently evil and trying to destroy the EU....but I didn't imply that.

The article may have that underlying implication. I didn't judge the source. I only responded to the fact that the EU are being over-ran by migrants, a large percentage of which are strictly economic migrants. a large percentage also adheres to the Islamic philosophy, which includes conversion of other countries by mass migration.

[smartass comment] I know, totally non-PC, I should understand that Christianity is inherently evil, and there is nothing but goodness and love in the Koran, and these people mean to do no harm and wish to become part of a greater Western society. I should understand this by now, and embrace the continued destruction of the Western economies for the greater world good......[/smartass comment]

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There are Christian networks working day and night to bring the Christian families from harm. This cannot be discounted! As for them singling out Christians exclusively that is not true, but Isis "is" continuing to target Christians and other minority groups who refuse to submit to Islam. For a Christian to deny Christ to save their life and the lives of their loved ones, well I am certain there are many, yet few who are strong enough in their faith and trust in Christ to actually do so.

What is happening in Iraq and Syria, especially to Christians, is not hyperbole. The pledges of ISIS must be taken seriously. They have carried out every threat they have made. They have shown no mercy to children or their mothers. They revel in killing and are nothing more than an army of religious zealots and psychopaths. Their numbers are growing because nobody in the world is doing anything to stop them. Every murderous, blood-lusting Muslim who can reach the area is flocking to join ISIS and participate in the killing spree.

Not all Christians could flee, perhaps because they were caring for elderly relatives or small children or had some other reason they could not walk out of the city and trek across the desert. Perhaps some thought paying a tax would save them and their homes and businesses.

www.catholic.org...

REPORT: MUSLIM MIGRANTS RAPING WOMEN & CHILDREN AT GERMAN REFUGEE CAMP
Women allegedly forced into prostitution

Go to infowars.com for more and more and more!

edit on pm930pmSat, 19 Sep 2015 19:58:29 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on pm930pmSat, 19 Sep 2015 20:01:19 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have to ask myself is race and religion have everything to do with the vast bias against our fellow human beings in need. The answer for me is a resounding YES.

Until we dont see a difference between us and them they will continue to see a better life and we will attempt to stop them from gaining a better lifestyle.

I think we have reached hamster in a cage on a wheel speed!

edit on 19-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Both have evils in them, and hardly 'destroying' the western world.
We are doing that by ourselves just fine.

You should judge the source, it shows the bias.
Just like I don't go to motherjones because their bias is way to far left.
When we start judging all these people based on a very small percentage of them we all lose.
Hate begets hate.

It does matter where it comes from.
a reply to: antar

And are they working to get everyone one out? Because it isn't just christians getting killed.
www.theatlantic.com...
www.thedailybeast.com...
www.spiegel.de...
www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes, the ones they can who fall into the most dangerous categories, the minorities who will not accept Islam. Take a look at this Turkish refugee camp, these are the people who were waiting for entry, legally until this mass flood happened through the borders. Now their chances are even less than before. These are hardly like the pictures springing up of the violent hordes storm trooping the trains and border crossings. However they will create an outcry against helping anyone out of concerns for their own countrymen.

Check these pictures out, soft focus your mind, relax and go slow, be in the moment and observe through the lense of the camera and feel through your heart, your gut. This one in particular got to me:

www.google.com... 253BTutJJa2CE5G43M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.breakingnews.ie%25252Fworld%25252Fturkish-forces-clash-with-kurds-642671.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9 71Jl33xskFwmM%253A%252CTutJJa2CE5G43M%252C_&dpr=0.9&usg=__D0HKSZhDdd1wT1QtIzjmDJ0Kqrk%3D&ved=0CDAQyjdqFQoTCPn_-8-3hMgCFUM5PgodijEKSw&ei=Sgj-VfmyD8Py-A GK46jYBA#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACVRg6Ym4ddGWIjiMbUCB5BCut1hjjUomxUMurMXmIJGBm46CrfSNS5kEU406xRY5mNf-o6PDgnYT7q-Rde_1N7Ej4BSoSCYxtQIHkEK63EQbtO94fqbgMKhIJ WGONSibFQy4Rb2wELqJm5BEqEgmsxeYgkYGbjhE7HGSI0S9c4yoSCYKt9I1LmQRTERRLlD4Ip61BKhIJjTrFFjmY1_14REJP73O39w_1QqEgmjo8OCdhPurxGiiK7XcMjrrSoSCZF1783sSPgFEc6s GX3hZeZu&q=pictures%20of%20Turkish%20refugee%20camps&imgrc=VGDpibh10ZbVCM%3A

edit on pm930pmSat, 19 Sep 2015 20:36:19 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

There are very few 'true' news sources, almost all of them have some bias. That bias prevents news sources from presenting all of the facts of the matter. For someone to get as much information as possible, they must source from even the biased sources, from both sides, to get at all of the facts of the matter.

This massive influx of immigrants does include huge numbers of people fleeing persecution, and huge numbers of Muslim migrants fulfilling their religious obligations to Islam, specifically the concept of 'hijrah', which is mass migration to convert new lands to Islam (i.e. expansion of the Caliphate and the final conquest of Europe sought by the Islamic radicals for 1400 years - as any student of history knows, a conquest attempted, and lost, due to the violent backlash of the Crusades to the Islamic conquest).

With numbers of 35 million and upwards suspected to be already enroute to Europe, there are more than enough to overwhelm the smaller countries of Europe and potentially destabilize the entire continent. With Europe's ongoing economic problems, the 'better life' they seek will be a disaster to the poorer populations in Europe.

Human nature will not change. There will be no awakening that makes everyone gather around and work for the better good, no gathering of youth holding hands and singing kumbayah. There will instead be violence as this massive wave of migrants demand food and housing and jobs, while the native populations rise up in backlash. Before it is over there will be people herded into cattle cars. That's the way of things in Europe.

What's the solution? Close the borders? That will be nasty. Improve their conditions at home? There is that pesky Islamic theology that is split into factions that make that task hardly an easy one. You beat down the Sunnis, the Shias rise. You become occupiers, and create generations of hostile populations. But, if you ignore it, Europe becomes a Sharia Law republic with hordes of destitute people fleeing, and compounding the migration issues across the world.

There is no easy answer, and no answer that does not eventually end in some kind of war or uprising. Nor is there an answer that will allow racial and religious harmony. Islam as it is practiced in the Middle East is simply not compatible with Western ideals of freedom and liberty, as the ideals of Islam do not include such concepts as religious liberty or tolerance of race or concepts of gender or sexual equality (a truth that is not commonly discussed in the media except for media sources that are not acceptable to the mainstream due to their religious or racial bias).

It is not enough to deny racism or promote equality or religious liberty, that will not solve the problem, as that is one-sided in this situation. In this situation, the side promoting these concepts over the protection of their territories and their citizens will lose.

Lock them out? Xenophobia, racism, religious prejudice, riots at the borders, violent invasion, and cattle cars full of migrants being sent back to war-torn countries. Improve their conditions at home? Warmongers, invaders, lots of dead innocents, and sending our soldiers home in cattle cars full of body bags. Accept the hordes and integrate them into the population? Their lives improve only as much as the local economies can support it (which isn't much for many of the poorer countries), and then there will be violence and sectarian conflict across Europe. And cattle cars full of soldiers, of prisoners, of dead.

See, its not enough to take a position...if we can't try to discuss a solution that somehow avoids all of the above loading of living and dead humans into cattle cars in Europe.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
All the refugee crisis in the EU is a complete fraud orchestrated by EU countries themselves. There has never been a genuine refugee crisis, it has been since the beginning of the summer a sort of ploy aimed at distracting people from the imminent economic disaster that is about to hit Europe. Additionally this fake refugee crisis has set the stage for the beginning of a new era of racism and nazism in Europe. This influx of refugees is a smokescreen.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Until we dont see a difference between us and them they will continue to see a better life and we will attempt to stop them from gaining a better lifestyle.

Let me correct that, as you presume that one side can be loving and caring and that will fix everything. In a fantasy world that would work...in this reality, we deal with the faults of human nature - and wearing those rose-colored glasses will get you run over by the mob. A large portion of these migrants are not seeking the lifestyle of Europe, they are only seeking food and shelter, and they will keep their bias and prejudice and intolerance, to raise its ugly head at a time they have sufficient numbers to force their way of life.

Until BOTH we and THEM accept and tolerate the differences between us, they will continue to attempt to change our lifestyle and make it more into their own, and we will be forced to defend or surrender, and either way no one will be getting a better lifestyle, only worse. This situation in Europe has the potential to become a disaster greater than the world wars, and will result in a European caliphate or another round of Crusades. Neither is good for anyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
All the refugee crisis in the EU is a complete fraud orchestrated by EU countries themselves. There has never been a genuine refugee crisis, it has been since the beginning of the summer a sort of ploy aimed at distracting people from the imminent economic disaster that is about to hit Europe. Additionally this fake refugee crisis has set the stage for the beginning of a new era of racism and nazism in Europe. This influx of refugees is a smokescreen.

I don't believe that for a moment. The EU countries have all the reason to hide their pending economic collapse, but this event is not it.

I instead believe that this massive flood of migrants has been orchestrated by Islam, to overwhelm Europe precisely at the time that Europe can little withstand the additional economic stress, to accelerate the downfall of the European economies and push it into war.

Further, it is that past history of racism and Nazism still hanging as a dark shadow on European history that IMPEDES European countries from doing what they have to do to protect themselves. Politicians and a lot of the public will bend over backwards to prove they are NOT the racist Nazis of history anymore. And the migrant invasion will take advantage of that and run roughshod all over the continent.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
9/11.
It was a start.
Now, without Saddam, Kadafi and so on it can be only worse.
Thank you, USA.
edit on 20-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join