It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the Greatest Threat to World Peace

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Sorry for your loss I can see how a post like this would hit your core. None of my relatives died immediately from war but we're very close.. My grandpas brothers kids were born with 3 kidneys and some other things I cannot recall, from the chemical Agent Orange.

It was a tough choice to drop the bombs but it was either continue mass killing of each other or just end the battle 1-1 with the japs and eliminate hitler before he stabilized and killed every Jew.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You do not know history. Learn something about WWII and what Japan did and aspired to do before you spout off about how evil America is. We were losing 25,000 marines, soldiers, and sailors per BATTLE in the Pacific. We told Japan we were going to end it if they didn't retreat and surrender. They didn't....so bomb number 1 was dropped. Three days later, they still continued, not taking us seriously even though they were warned again.. Soooo....bomb #2. They surrendered. Germany was well on their way to developing an atomic bomb at the time as well. Do you think they wouldn't have used it in Europe? They had no problem killing 6 million Jews; that is pretty much defined as mass destruction.

Our nuclear weapons are defensive. Period. If no other country had them we would destroy our arsenal. But that horse is out of the barn and we will never allow another country to be better armed than we are. At least as long as rational people lead our country. If you think Iran is not trying to build an nuclear weapon so that they can dictate terms in the middle east you are simply naive. The Clinton administration gave North Korea plenty of room to develop their weapons program and they are now threatening not only Japan but Hawaii and the west coast of the United States. They were given way too much leeway but Clinton (not to mention money) and if you want to learn what will happen if Iran is left to their own moral devices then just look their way.

America is the leader of the free world and has a moral obligation to every person on this planet who wants freedom and who wants to be left to worship who they want, to earn their own living and raise a family, and who believes in a free society. You, 3NL1GHT3N3D1, should educate yourself before you start spouting off like this. Anti-American people in this world depend on people who do not get educated and who fall prey to clever sound bites and who can't analyze complicated issues like nuclear weapons to move their ideology forward. Your analysis is completely wrong. If the majority felt the way you do it would be dangerous and the freedoms you take for granted would disappear.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Conjecture yes, hyperbole no. If we used it one time we'd use it again, I think that's a logical assumption. What's the point in having them and continuing to build then if we have no intention of using them?

Of course we will use them if we have to and people like Putin in Russia and that psycho in North Korea should understand that. When they think we won't things will get real complicated and and dangerous for the American people here and abroad. I, for one, want the world to know that if you are some dictator out there who thinks you can roll in and take our natural resources, take our freedom, take our land, and take our wealth you are going to have one hell of a response on your hands.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

After 911 a poll of many countries had people believing that the US was a greater threat to peace than Saddam I believe.

And yet we are such a threat that many countries want our help to train their military, and help when they need it...not something that happens when you are the biggest threat to world peace.

Also 9/11 was 14 years ago...how many feel that way now?

Basically, when you are THE empire or sole remaining superpower, countries know to either get in line or suffer.

Moreover, there are plenty of corrupt leaders and weaker powers that will do so if it helps them retain their power over their own region or people, such as Saudi Arabia. Or countless dictators and so on.

Many many people across the world still believe American foreign policy to be straight up evil and imperial. That includes all kinds of scholars, leaders, etc.

It's simple dude. America really does do what it wants, invading, couping, regime changing, bombing, torturing. And the history is demonstrable that the motivations are not for democracy or human rights. Often we have supported or done the opposite when it served our goals. This is provable.

You or someone else can make a "real politick" argument that this is the way of nations or empires, and historically you would be correct as well. British Empire, Roman Empire, Egyptian Empire, Aztec Empire, etc. The US is not unique in that unilateral or self-serving approach to things.

However, all of this bull about "We are fighting for American principles or freedom" is total propaganda to brainwash the sheep to comply.

It is also incredibly cynical, because I guarantee you just about anyone globally who knows what is really going on realizes it is just propaganda.

It also is a deep injustice to blame many smaller powers for fighting back against this. This goes back to my real politick argument. If one attacks or dominates a weaker power, don't be surprised or victim blame them if they resist.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join