It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Goodbye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It makes me sad that there will never be another Lord of the Rings movie honestly...

I didn't actually like the last song in the final hobbit movie that much, until a few nights ago... i recognised the voice

Then i found this...

So now i can't get the song out of my head... and i thought i might infect you guys as well

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I love entertainment as much as the next guy

I love Star Trek generations and old school star gate sg1

But the problem is I also often see this entertainment as waste of time and another wool over our eyes so we don't wake up to what really matters
edit on 16-9-2015 by ReadyAREyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I felt the same way when I read the books. A lifetime ago it seems. We get so close to the characters, we feel like we need to follow them after story has ended, I think to make sure they live a life that rewards them for their efforts. You grow to actually feel like they are real somewhere and if you could just find that somewhere, you would join them on their adventures.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadyAREyou

I love entertainment as much as the next guy

I love Star Trek generations and old school star gate sg1

But the problem is I also often see this entertainment as waste of time and another wool over our eyes so we don't wake up to what really matters

Your key word, "entertainment" is incredibly correct. It is a double-edged sword, good and bad. It is good when the spirit needs to be replenished from the trials of nitty-gritty living. It is bad when it robs the mind of basic thinking about what it should be thinking.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I love the music from those movies.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I felt the same way when I read the books. A lifetime ago it seems. We get so close to the characters, we feel like we need to follow them after story has ended, I think to make sure they live a life that rewards them for their efforts. You grow to actually feel like they are real somewhere and if you could just find that somewhere, you would join them on their adventures.

Wonderfully said!!!!

I am a huge fan of Lord Of The Rings! Love the characters, story line and music!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

might as well put this song here as well... last song of hobbit: part 2

edit on 16-9-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Although I have disowned the Hobbit Messology, I can relate from the book sense. I did shed a couple tears at the end of the Return of the King; I mean, for those of us that read the books (and later, the movies), it's exactly like someone else said: You grow up following the characters, and when everything works in the end, it's a beautiful moment.

And because I like to get songs stuck in others' heads, I wish that they would have included the trailer music in the official soundtrack...As I'm particular to this version.

-foss

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Lord of the Rings is my favorite book series and movie series of all time. I saw the movies first then read the books. I've seen each movie probably 10 times apiece and have read the books 3 times. When Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, and the rest sail off into the west, I get a lump in my throat every time.

What happened to them once they landed on the other side? How was the rest of their life? Good I hope. But we'll never know for sure. That's the saddest part to me. We got closure on the story arc, but not really any closure on the characters. Makes me feel melancholic thinking about it.

top topics

join