It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johns Hopkins Scientist Reveals Shocking Report on Flu Vaccines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just throwing in my 2 cents here.....

I've debated this many a time, with many people, and there is truth in the article.

The Cochrane institute has compiled studies, and found that flu vaccines are only effective around 6% or so of the time.

The amounts of mercury that is still contained in *some* but not all flu vaccines can collect over years and lead to neurodegenerative diseases.

Basically, this article points out how easy it is to take studies and represent statistics in a way that benefit the point you are trying to get across. This is why I tell everyone, if you are going to read any published articles for evidence on a subject, read the data. Base your opinion off of that

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao
a reply to: luthier

I understand your point, but I don't think that viruses mutate toward an inevitable epidemic strain. There is no direction for them, and vaccinations do not work like antibiotics, in that they prevent the virus from taking hold, they do not effect the virus directly. They mutate as a course of infection, that is each strain differs because the virus slightly changes for every host and host population that it infects, not as a course for survival, like a bacteria might.

I wasnt referring to bacterial mutation. I was wondering about the antigenic shift in influenza just mutating far past the years vaccine.

I mean the scary flu we are worried about would it really be stopped by the vaccine? Answer is no. Thats not what happens in antigenic shifts. The cross species stewing and some process we dont understand the timing of creates the scary flu. I am not sure we can vaccinate against what you are talking about.

The seasonal imfluenza is also very regional.
Should we vaccinate all birds and pigs too? What I am saying is it seems like a money maker more than some of the other vaccines that provide definite immunity. Then there are the recalls etc....

Just not worth it imo except special circumstances. Not everyone all the time.
edit on 15-9-2015 by luthier because: clarify

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is from a CDC paper I received from the Doctor, because we just had a child, and I laughed out loud when I read it because it's so ridiculous. To wit: "More severe reactions can also occur, but this happens much less often. Some of these reactions are so uncommon that Experts can't tell whether they are caused by vaccines or not. ... The following conditions have been associated with routine childhood vaccines. By "associated" we mean that they appear more often in children who have been recently vaccinated than in those who have not. An association doesn't prove that a vaccine caused a reaction, but does mean it is probable."
So basically, beside insulting my common sense, they're trying to say that if you bring a normal, healthy child and he gets a shot, just because he leaves with some mind-crushing reaction doesn't prove it's the shot....THOUGH THE CHILD CAME IN FINE! So where did the reaction come from, Venus? LMFAO. And people actually believe this #!

Quote from the DTaP Vaccine under Serious Problems: "Long-term seizures, coma, lowered consciousness, and permanent brain damage have been reported very rarely after DTaP vaccine. They are so rare we can't be sure they are caused by the vaccine." Again, another contradiction, and one brainless people would probably actually believe because the CDC told them everything's OK.

Listen, it's common knowledge vaccines do help and have helped and probably always will help, but if there's crap in them that gives kids crazy reactions, that means what goes into them must be investigated, thoroughly. Vaccines are a multi-billion dollar business, in bed with Big Government, and people will bash the government for all the corruption, but completely refuse to believe that Merck or any other big-money pharmaceutical company doesn't give two-craps about them, or the crap they're shooting in them long as it's cheap, because they're "Good people doing good things, looking out for our wellness."

Get real. If I was a CEO I'd be making mad cash off the idiot public and producing vaccines the cheapest way possible, and totally buy off any family that's had an injury. Screw them, they're far too stupid and willing. Make Doctors feel important, write their Books, conjure Doctor worship, and sell all my best products to the doctors.

Not many people know that immediately after your child is born they're shot up with a Vitamin K shot, and that Vitamin K is synthetic. It's been proven anything synthetic does the exact opposite of what the natural vitamin will do. And you have no choice, but you do have a choice for the Hep Shot before leaving the hospital.

It's impossible to be allergic to Measles, so why do people have allergic reactions? The answer is simple, instead of creating a vaccine not filled with junk, they fill it up with weird # that most people can't even pronounce, same as they do with food....and simply because it's cheap.

BIG BUSINESS DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND NEVER WILL. WAKE UP!
edit on 15-9-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Excellent find. But the people who believe the flu shots keep them from getting the flu will not accept this evidence. Just because most people believe something, it does not mean their beliefs are real.

For some people the flu shot is needed, but the side effects probably are worse than the benefit for half the people. I can't believe that so many people cannot see that the negative effects can be worse than the flu.

Oh well, I guess we have to allow these people to believe a lie, that is their right.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Who knew on a site to "deny ignorance" so many would rely on snopes to accomplish that goal.

If the pro-flu shot folks are so confident in its effectiveness, they should have no issue with those who choose not to get the shot.
edit on 16-9-2015 by skoalman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Want to hear something funny ?

I have NEVER gotten the flu shot.

Guess what ?

Haven't ever gotten the flu either.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Never had a flu shot in my life, have never gotten sick since I was a teenager back in the 90's. My father has never had a flu shot, has never gotten sick in over 25 years.

All my other friends and family who regularly get flu shots catch it at least once every 2-4 years.

Just my personal observation, don't need online studies from incentivized institutes to tell me how to take care of myself. Anti-bacterial soap and some common sense avoidance can work wonders.

edit on 16-9-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Anti-vaccination sites have been misusing Doshi's article since 2013, cherry picking data and statements again:

First and above all, Doshi does not practice medicine and does not do any clinical research, he is just a guest lecturer. His article clearly shows he is only expressing his opinion as he does not do clinical trials and does not do real vaccine research. According to the National Academies of science Doshi is a 'post-doctoral fellow' which means he is not in the faculty, hence I said guest lecturer.

Vaccines work. Children who get the vaccines are 83% less likely to get the flu: www.thelancet.com...

Another link: www.cdc.gov...

Doshi is also an HIV denier... I won't even comment on that.

Where I live all vaccines are mandatory and you must get them in order to attend school. It's been like this for over 50, maybe even over 60 years. There are no higher rates of any illnesses here like autism which some fools associate with vaccines because they are using fraudulent studies.

The flu vaccine is optional though. Myself and everyone I know have gotten it every single year with no ill effects at all ever. Last years vaccine though I had heard before that it was a crap one because the virus mutated during the time it took to produce the vaccines, so in the end it only added a 17% protection if that. They were talking about how they were going to have to rethink how the flu vaccine is made.

Anyways, because of last years one was so crap, most people I know got it but I said no thanks and didn't get it, neither did my wife or son. We just didn't have time and it wasn't worth making time for such a low protection boost.

Anyways, there was a family event and every single person there got sick with the flu EXCEPT myself, my wife and my son. It was very strange. It sucked very much though, because the vaccine was ineffective last year they still caught it, but my grandmother also caught it and was hospitalized for 3 weeks and had all sorts of issues because of it. The reason she got it is because the vaccine was not powerful enough. If the vaccine was powerful enough nobody would have caught the flu to bring it in to the party in the first place and thus would not have spread. Why myself my wife and son didn't catch it is still a mystery today, lol. No idea.

Vaccines are an amazing thing. Last years flu vaccine was a dud though. I am planning on getting it this year as is everyone I know. There is nothing to worry about from the vaccine itself. It is safe and can save lives - hopefully they do a better job this year at targeting the specific strains.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have never got a flu shot in the last 20 years. If I get sick or have sinus problems I take Mucinex DM and a mixed berry smoothy with water three times a day and my sickness magically disappears. I have never had the flu in the last 20 years. I have worked in the public school system as well and even being around sick kids I never got sick. People don't need the flu shot. Your immune system is made to fight off the flu. My fiends that get those shot gets sick usually. And their kids get sick as well . HMM........

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I agree with flesh669. Thumbs up.a reply to: Flesh699

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The amounts of mercury that is still contained in *some* but not all flu vaccines can collect over years and lead to neurodegenerative diseases.

Best you dont eat tuna then if your worried about the mercury in vaccines .

tuna fish contains 0.64 micrograms of mercury for each gram of tuna. A 60 gram portion (about two ounces) would contain 38.4 micrograms of mercury. By contrast, vaccine manufacturers using thimerosal (a mercury containing compound) as the preservative are adding between 12.5 and 25 micrograms of mercury per dose of vaccine.

edit on 16-9-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

I thought the flu jab was compulsory in the US (I guess that's where you are from). We have also never had the flu but I think people sometimes confuse the influenza with a bad cold, influenza can be lethal with those that are weaker. I am a nurse and I have all vaccines as I have a moral obligation to protect patients in whichever way possible.

I agree that the flu shot is the weakest of all vaccines and, like I said yesterday, it works differently each year, depending on the strains. However, scientists are working on a new universal flu jab that will be go for the stem of the virus instead of the 'spikes': www.nhs.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha
The only compulsory vaccinations have to do with school enrollment and, in some cases, employment.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The original report was made back in 2013.......... I wonder if anything has changed since then.

Having said that.

I haven't had a vaccination since I was very little. I didn't even get that one when you are 12. Fit as a fiddle!

But I do catch the flu occasionally, and you know, this amazing thing called the immune system destroys it each time in just 2-3 days.
edit on 16/9/15 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Started getting the flu shot 3 yrs ago...never had the flu in those 3 years.

Since anti vaxxers like to believe there is a correlation where there is none....millions drink water and millions have also had heart attacks...hmm..seems kind of suspicious to me....

How many people a year get vaccines (tens of millions), compared to how many get supposedly get sick because of it (Hundreds or thousands).....once anti vaxxers can show me the tens of millions how got sick because of vaccines..than I can see them having a point..

edit on 16-9-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have been ill since May with sinusitis and bronchitis. The antibiotics my GP prescribed for the first time ever have not worked despite 2 lots. The only thing that worked were the side effects in duplicate.

I have always refused the flu vaccine and only know one person who has it regularly and it works. However I should say she lives in an isolated place and rarely mixes especially in the winter. All the regulars have had flu. I have only had flu once in my life, never again if I can avoid it but its the other illnesses that debilitate one which perhaps people associate as the flu. Most of these conditions antibiotics are dispensed to clear up - so its hard to tell the difference because the 1 remedy fits a lot of conditions.

I can't honestly figure out whether its because I just see a scam backed up by odd reports advising these vaccines are pretty ineffective - e.g. wrong strain or other etc - or whether I just try not to be a Patsy for big business.

To clear my sinusitis I have had to resort to a herbal remedy, with historic use through the naturapathic line of doctors which is Goldenseal, bought over the net because, our government has tried to ban/stop all naturopathic remedies. I also suffered no side effects.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Agartha
The only compulsory vaccinations have to do with school enrollment and, in some cases, employment.

Ah, thanks, I have never lived there and by what people say here it seemed like they were all compulsory and for everybody! lol

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The original article was published in the BMJ in 2013 so it's hardly "news".
However it seems to be doing the rounds again on the usual anti-science sites.

The article is an opinion piece, nothing more. It's not a study nor a trial and is quite bereft of any evidence supporting what he says.
Which isn't surprising since Peter Doshi is an anthropologist. Not a medical doctor nor researcher, nor a vaccine developer nor biochemist.
The piece also references Russell Blaylock.
Russell is a retired neurosurgeon with no association with vaccines whatsoever (certainly not when he was practising anyway...)
He supplements his retirement fund by writing conspiracy-laden books blaming everything from cookware and teeth to chemtrails for all of mankind's ills.
He does however sell his Brain Repair Formula to combat all of these dangers though (there is the usual medical disclaimer on his site. God forbid that he would actually have to prove it works or take responsibility for his claims!).

So, to recap, we have an anthropologist and a retired surgeon making claims which are not backed with scientific evidence against the flu shot.

Why does anyone believe this?
Seriously, what part of it is convincing from a medico-scientific perspective?

Is it just that people find anecdotes more convincing than science?
If so, here's my little anecdote.

Being in and out of clinical areas I routinely get the flu shot.
I've never had the flu since I've started getting it.
My Dad, due his having heart failure and COPD (plus other concomitant issues) is naturally high risk so I make sure he gets it every season.
Last year, for various reasons, he didn't get it.
He got the flu.
The flu exacerbated his heart problems and he went into what's called decompensated heart failure which he was hospitalised for.
The DHF because it causes a build up of fluid in the body, caused my Dad to develop pneumonia which because of his COPD became life-threatening.
He was on critical care for two weeks and spent a total of three months in hospital.
Certainly there were several times when I didn't think he would make it out and that the lack of oxygen had caused some brain damage.
Thankfully though he made a full recovery (from the issues caused by the flu anyway, he still has his underlying issues) and is back at home.
He's getting the flu shot this year.

So for those of you who think that it's a money-making scam for "big pharma" look at my Dad's case.
The total cost of his stay in hospital was in the tens of thousands of pounds, a good proportion of which was spent on medicines (gotta love the NHS!).
Compare that to the cost of a vaccine at a couple of quid per shot.
There is no comparison nor argument.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Please don't get a flu shot.

When I was 18 the superintendent of my towns school district got a flu shot and due to complications was dead within 2-3 days.

MOST RECENTLY..

In October of 2012 my grandmother got a flu shot (she got one every year). Later that night she was rushed to the hospital because she felt "off". Three days later she died. (My grandma my 87 but she was lively..every day she would go out with my mom. She had no problem walking. Her only issue was she was losing her memory.

I am convinced thr flu shot does more harm than good. I know 2'people that it killed.

* sidenote * I never had the urge to get one of these shots..I always thought my body has a defense system and my and it was meant to fight illness like this.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Read your thread and was glad your father was OK. I am especially interested because on my own ongoing illness and I suspect he will recommend the jab. What bothers me is that that people react differently to medication - some its very good, others it could even be lethal. Its the not knowing beforehand that is scary as to how one will react.

The TB one got me yanked out of school and into a sanatorium as a kid - so I am not against all vaccines at all. But its a different scenario if there is something like e.g. polio running rampant to the possibility of getting the flu - which I have only ever had once in my life. The decision for this jab is going to bother me and I expect many others out there.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join