It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Claims Religious Discrimination - Company Refuses to Print Fliers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I personally don't care if they refused to allow her to even print them at all just like I don't care if a baker refuses to make a gay cake or anything. You make decisions that will help your business model succeed. If that includes refusing certain services someone else will always be looking to get that business. Make your choices and go........yawn.

You don't care because it doesn't personally affect you.

When it *does* personally affect you, you would care.

No I would personally drive my butt down the road and take my money elsewhere.

link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Liquesence

I've been denied a Uber ride once, the Driver said "I don't drive F******" and i live in West Hollywood, though this was in Orange County where it happened

In 31 states people can get Denied services, housing, propety, jobs and fired just for being GLBTQ+

They didn't refuse services, they said she can Print them herself

Greetings and Salutations- If ever in Flori-Duh and You need a ride by all means drop Me a line.. You 'may' have to wrestle MagWai for 'shotgun' or You can sit in the back w/Shorty and Evven #7

namaste

link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Liquesence

I've been denied a Uber ride once, the Driver said "I don't drive F******" and i live in West Hollywood, though this was in Orange County where it happened

In 31 states people can get Denied services, housing, propety, jobs and fired just for being GLBTQ+

They didn't refuse services, they said she can Print them herself

How would someone even know your orientation unless you told them or advertised it? I am curious because I don't normally see people conducting normal business with "I am a homo" signs or name tags.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

So tired of these religi-nazis whining about discrimination. Is it me or are they all getting a lot more annoying lately?

They are definitely getting a lot more annoying. And loud. And hysterical. The media laps it up to keep us all on the edge of our chair - but it is real....

And it's connected to the Elections....

The Fearsome Four: The Leading Governors Seeking 2016 GOP Nomination Are All Dismal Right-Wingers

(notice, this article doesn't address Trump's candidacy, just the GOVERNORS who are running.) They want a Theocracy. So do people like Kim Davis and whosherwhatsit who went to Office Depot to try to print sensationalist garbage and shove "God" at people.

Here is just ONE aspect of what they are all wanting to accomplish:

4. Reviving right-wing culture wars.

In What’s the Matter with Kansas? author Thomas Frank outlined the cynical strategy of pro-corporate politicians that intentionally provoked voters with hot-button social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage and gun rights while avoiding economic inequality.

Voters in some of the poorest counties voted overwhelmingly for Republicans who subsequently stood against their economic interests. But in the decade since the publication of Frank’s insightful book, social conservatives have become much more aggressive in pushing their agenda and insisting that it be taken seriously. Thus, the four governors are staunchly anti-abortion.

The other three items they all are pushing are:

Crushing Labor Rights

Promoting Corporate Welfare and Crony Capitalism

Eliminating Social Welfare Programs

edit on 9/12/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I feel like you are trying to have it both ways. There was nothing offensive about those fliers and nothing that was hateful towards anyone else. If anything the babies that are senselessly murdered are the ones that should be the issue here not the feelings of those that perform human sacrifice.

Right or wrong. Office Depot disagrees.

“Indeed, the prayer characterizes those individuals as ‘evil,’ and it advocates for the closure of the ‘death camps in our midst.’ It is this type of language that led to the decision to refuse your client’s copying request,” Office Depot said.

“To be clear, Office Depot’s position is that the above-quoted language falls within the definition of ‘graphic material’ and/or ‘hate material,’ making the refusal to print the flier appropriate,” the letter said.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Haters!

Here's the link to the actual flyer, if anyone wants to see it: Flyer

That's the filer?

Pretty tame.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It contains a link to the Center for Medical Progress which has already been shown to be blatantly misleading, false, sensationalist propaganda.

THAT is why it's offensive even beyond the hater-prayer.
Refusing to print a libelous bit of tripe from a group of lunatic lying disinfo-spreading liars is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The company has every right to discriminate. they even have it in their policy.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It contains a link to the Center for Medical Progress which has already been shown to be blatantly misleading, false, sensationalist propaganda.

THAT is why it's offensive even beyond the hater-prayer.
Refusing to print a libelous bit of tripe from a group of lunatic lying disinfo-spreading liars is a good idea.

Think they refuse to print flyers for the government?

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Jefferton

So tired of these religi-nazis whining about discrimination. Is it me or are they all getting a lot more annoying lately?

They are definitely getting a lot more annoying. And loud. And hysterical. The media laps it up to keep us all on the edge of our chair - but it is real....

And it's connected to the Elections....

The Fearsome Four: The Leading Governors Seeking 2016 GOP Nomination Are All Dismal Right-Wingers

(notice, this article doesn't address Trump's candidacy, just the GOVERNORS who are running.) They want a Theocracy. So do people like Kim Davis and whosherwhatsit who went to Office Depot to try to print sensationalist garbage and shove "God" at people.

Here is just ONE aspect of what they are all in cahoots to accomplish:

4. Reviving right-wing culture wars.

In What’s the Matter with Kansas? author Thomas Frank outlined the cynical strategy of pro-corporate politicians that intentionally provoked voters with hot-button social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage and gun rights while avoiding economic inequality. Voters in some of the poorest counties voted overwhelmingly for Republicans who subsequently stood against their economic interests. But in the decade since the publication of Frank’s insightful book, social conservatives have become much more aggressive in pushing their agenda and insisting that it be taken seriously. Thus, the four governors are staunchly anti-abortion.

The other three items they all are pushing are:

Crushing Labor Rights

Promoting Corporate Welfare and Crony Capitalism

Cutting off all Social Welfare Programs

I am sure you are a great person in RL, but in fairness I find you just as annoying as I find religious folk. You and religious folks have a lot in common and it annoys the rest of us to no end with you one-sided arguments and back and forth whining about who was discriminated against.

I actually think that both of you are right. Religious folks ARE being discriminated against and so are gays and other people with specific differences from the norm. In a perfect world we should all just bake cakes and make copies for each other.

Why can't you just admit that discrimination is BAD for everyone. I don't want to see gay folk discriminated against and I don't want to see religious folks discriminated against.

Anyway, a decade ago I would have said I find religious people most annoying. Fast forward to today and I find liberal folks more annoying. Either way you are both annoying to the rest of us at times.
edit on 2015/9/12 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error Only

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Funny, isn't it?

Abortion: "Oh my lord, the world will come to an end if we don't stop it!"

Same-sex Marriage "Oh my God, the world will come to an end if we don't stop it!"

Gun Control: "Oh no, the world will come to an end if we don't stop it!"

The 1% has all the money while the rest of us have little to nothing: "Shhhhhhhhh...."

link   
office depot backed down and apologized...

insider.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I personally don't care if they refused to allow her to even print them at all just like I don't care if a baker refuses to make a gay cake or anything. You make decisions that will help your business model succeed. If that includes refusing certain services someone else will always be looking to get that business. Make your choices and go........yawn.

You're implying that there will always be an alternative to what you might seek but might be denied.

If you're in a town with only one print shop, or one bakery, one X—or, pray you want to get gay married at the courthouse—your options might be extremely limited. And then it will affect you.

The two issues, though, are discriminatory business practice/policy and non-discriminatory business policy. And that people who don't agree with a nondiscriminatory policy (which is debatable in itself, but generally non-discriminating based on sex, race, creed, sexual orientation) claim discrimination to make a fuss.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Funny, isn't it?

Abortion: "Oh my lord, the world will come to an end if we don't stop it!"

Same-sex Marriage "Oh my God, the world will come to an end if we don't stop it!"

Gun Control: "Oh no, the world will come to an end if we don't stop it!"

The 1% has all the money while the rest of us have little to nothing: "Shhhhhhhhh...."

Kayla, I agree with you (a rarity indeed). We all need to stop telling each other what to do and give everyone the freedom to make their own choices. I am pro-everything when it comes to giving other people the freedom to make their own choices and live their lives.

We don't need to agree with a behavior to give each other the freedom to do what makes us happy and live a full and happy life. If we can agree with that then you and I might not be so far apart as it seems sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Why can't you just admit that discrimination is BAD for everyone.

Discrimination is bad for everyone.

I don't want to see gay folk discriminated against

neither do I, but they are being discriminated against

and I don't want to see religious folks discriminated against.

NO ONE is discriminating against these religious folk.

Anyway, a decade ago I would have said I find religious people most annoying. Fast forward to today and I find liberal folks more annoying. Either way you are both annoying to the rest of us at times.

"The rest of us"? Who is "us"? Doesn't matter. You reap what you sow.
And when you're sowing seeds of hatred and claiming to be a victim, you get pecked.
(BTW, you are a 'religious type', so don't eliminate your righteous self from the head count. 'The rest of us' indeed.)

Manufactured persecution is so puerile and psychopathic.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
office depot backed down and apologized...

insider.foxnews.com...

Goldstein [the woman accusing Office Depot] was on “Fox and Friends” this morning to discuss the ordeal. Watch her interview above.

Imagine that. Never let a good made-up crisis go to waste.

Attention-whoring indeed.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You're implying that there will always be an alternative to what you might seek but might be denied.

If you're in a town with only one print shop, or one bakery, one X—or, pray you want to get gay married at the courthouse—your options might be extremely limited. And then it will affect you.

The two issues, though, are discriminatory business practice/policy and non-discriminatory business policy. And that people who don't agree with a nondiscriminatory policy (which is debatable in itself, but generally non-discriminating based on sex, race, creed, sexual orientation) claim discrimination to make a fuss.

Doesn't matter what's in town. We are in the age of the internet. You can find any serivice you could possibly want or need at the tip of your finger tips, basically ship to your door next days that come equipped with guarantees. If you think it's the end of the world great, don't care if they refused the flyers all together, don't care if someone doesn't bake a gay cake, don't care if someone says Irish need not apply to me, whatever. I'll find an alternative and if the service and product are good someone else just got a life long customer with free word of mouth advertising or some other company just picked up a skill set. This whole dang they won't do what I want for whatever reason is stupid. If it's important sack up and overcome.things normally are sweeter when you have to overcome or put in a little extra work anyways.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

How would someone even know your orientation unless you told them or advertised it? I am curious because I don't normally see people conducting normal business with "I am a homo" signs or name tags.

Oh, I see. It's okay to discriminate against people who don't successfully hide their offensiveness from public view.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Oh, I see. It's okay to discriminate against people who don't successfully hide their offensiveness from public view.

Unless you think this woman was discriminated against not really a good comparison.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Unless you think this woman was discriminated against not really a good comparison.

You need to go back and read the context for that comment. It's not about the woman.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join