It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI says 'Australian IS jihadist' is actually a Jewish American troll named Joshua Ryne Goldberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
FBI says 'Australian IS jihadist' is actually a Jewish American troll named Joshua Ryne Goldberg
(theage.com.au)

A young Jewish American man has been charged with pretending to be an Australian-based Islamic State jihadist after a FBI joint investigation with the Australian Federal Police based on information provided by Fairfax Media.

Joshua Ryne Goldberg, a 20-year old living at his parents' house in US state of Florida, is accused of posing online as "Australi Witness," an IS supporter who publicly called for a series of attacks against individuals and events in western countries.

In recent days Australi Witness has claimed online that he is working with other jihadists to plan attacks in Australia and the United States. He distributed pictures of a bomb that he was working on with "2 lbs of explosives inside".

According to the report he went far beyond just trolling, he provided explicit instruction to other "jihadists" on how to construct bombs, including using nails as shrapnel, when and where to plant them, and motivation for bombing, including the recent terrorist attack in Garland, Texas and plotting a bomb attack in Kansas. He also linked his activities to Amnesty International and anti-Islamophobia campaigner Mariam Veiszadeh, to smear their reputations.

His full FBI report is here.

This wasn't trolling - he was a full-blown terrorist. His bomb instructions, that he provided to ISIS, were real working plans, not to mention he made one himself, and was also planning an attack yesterday on the anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
Well if people got nothing better to do...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

glad they stopped this nutjob. what a sicko - parents must be real sad they were letting their scumbag son make youtube videos for IS under their roof.

death penalty in florida? I hope he rots instead.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I suspect that criminal complaint against this individual will be the first of several. Wait until they get into the material aid he provided to other alleged terrorists. His list of online activities looks extremely extensive.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The question has to be asked is there room in the world for judaism and islam because these religions are simply too potent and vicious for ordinary men and a few women also, who can obviously so easily be converted into terrorists who see themselves as haters of the rest of humanity and avenging murderers. Judaism has been cut a lot of slack but look at the numbers of palestinians have been forced out of their homes and country and the numbers of Palestinian deaths/murders so its hard to say there is much difference between either.

Are we at a time when it would be a better world without these two evil influences, because the evil far outweighs any benefits of either religion. Atheists survive extremely well without religious inclinations and don't commit the murders our high-minded, moral religious see fit to inflict.

You only need a very few of these tainted bigots to cause misery for the many.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

how dare that scum pose as an Australian, endanger our people and ruin our image

death to ISIS

edit on 12 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
oh my, an american that helps and builds up ISIS! who would have thought?

guess he just imitates his government...
edit on 12-9-2015 by anticitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
He was inciting a person to make a pressure cooker bomb and place it at a Kansas City memorial to be held TOMORROW, where firefighters do a "stair climb" to commemorate the First Responders at 9/11 in NYC.

The FBI report is really thorough. They got the kid, but what about the person who is supposedly going to plant this bomb? Ah, it's an FBI agent..so... That's a relief.

This PUNK needs to be dealt with severely.

edit on 9/12/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
But but but...... It's always these evil muzzies! They're all plotting to kill us! Look at the stuff they post on the internet.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

His sentence should be a year in the Australian outback. The wildlife would just love him.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

The question has to be asked is there room in the world for judaism and islam because these religions are simply too potent and vicious for ordinary men and a few women also, who can obviously so easily be converted into terrorists who see themselves as haters of the rest of humanity and avenging murderers. Judaism has been cut a lot of slack but look at the numbers of palestinians have been forced out of their homes and country and the numbers of Palestinian deaths/murders so its hard to say there is much difference between either.

Are we at a time when it would be a better world without these two evil influences, because the evil far outweighs any benefits of either religion. Atheists survive extremely well without religious inclinations and don't commit the murders our high-minded, moral religious see fit to inflict.

You only need a very few of these tainted bigots to cause misery for the many.

if people in the middle east region had some neurons and were able to compare our world to theirs then they should come to the conclusion, worshipping allah is a silly thing because it brought them nothing but poverty and downtime.

if they don't try to catch up with modern society values then they will be still living 1800 style while we travel among the stars.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
oh my, an american that helps and builds up ISIS! who would have thought?

guess he just imitates his government...

Yep, we should just ignore the fact that he's jewish though...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is the terrorism equivalent of those dumbass prank videos on YouTube.
FBI kicks down door, discovers bomb-making material and ISIS propaganda.
"DUDE IT'S A PRANK! IT'S A PRANK! I'M JEWISH!!!
"liked what you saw? like the video and subscribe for more!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Can we send him to Detroit?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

By way of deception thou shalt do war

dooo-oooh

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

glad they stopped this nutjob. what a sicko - parents must be real sad they were letting their scumbag son make youtube videos for IS under their roof.

A little harsh aren't we? He was just a poor misguided jewish boy living in florida in his moms basement.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I don't like how they're labeling him a "troll". He was clearly doing more than just "trolling". It seems like a legalese tactic to lessen the perceived effect of his crimes, which can influence potential jurors. If I did the exact same things he did, I would be labeled a terrorist.

He needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

EDIT: Wow! Did you see the end of the article you posted?

Australi Witness's online actions might have had fatal real-world consequences in May.

In the leadup to an exhibition in Garland, Texas, at which pictures of the Prophet Mohammed were to be displayed, "Australi Witness" tweeted the event's address and reposted a tweet urging people to go there with "weapons, bombs or with knifes".

Two Muslim men attempted an attack at the exhibition, and were killed by police. Australi Witness then praised them online as martyrs.

edit on 12-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

A little harsh aren't we? He was just a poor misguided jewish boy living in florida in his moms basement.

Or, deep cover Mossad !!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
He also, see here because I'm not sure if i can share it, is linked to these activities.
edit on 12-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Or, deep cover Mossad !!

I think Mossad would know that IP addresses can easily be traced?

The strange part is the average 20 year old, who is at least smart enough to know how to post bomb instructions, would also know IP addresses can be traced? So why did he do it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join