It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a British Guy to do?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So autumn is definitely in full swing here in the UK! And me and my friends are getting them dark night blues dreaming of the summer past..

So we've had the great idea to come across the pond and spend spring break over in the states! we're stopping in panama city beach for a few weeks in march.

Now as a brits first time in america is there anything i should be aware of? the plague? face eating Miami zombies? everyones got a gun?

no but seriously is spring break good?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

If you're under 25 years of age, Spring Break in Florida would probably be a lot of fun. It's pure drunken, practically lawless, 24/7 partying. Bring sunscreen and aspirin.

And remember she has to yes for it to be consent and wear protection.
edit on 9/11/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

*Writes in notes* "must say yes..."

Ah that's good to hear Kali! Yeah i'm 20 years old so should be a lot of fun!
I've always aspired to live over in america, to live the "american dream". Although im sure its not how we see it in the movies!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

Legal drinking age here is 21, just keep that in mind in case the cops permeate the bubble. And know that if you do get arrested you're protected by the Constitution while you're here, don't resist arrest but then don't say anything without a lawyer... have the number of the closest British Consulate with you.
edit on 9/11/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
20 years of age? dreaming of summer past? Coming up to October?

Then actually travel to where it is spring and go to New Zealand or Australia. In fact do one better. Get a working holiday visa for 12 months. Only costs about 150 quid. Go back to the UK in the spring/summer, or continue to work/travel and have the time of your life.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Ive always been very tempted!

I've applied for a few conservation volunteering roles in Africa and Thailand recently, but just waiting to hear back.

its given me some food for thought anyway THANKS

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

i'll feel like a teenager again! trying to be all sneaky and putting a deep voice on whilst getting served! 21 definitely feels like a overkill, yet it was one of my concerns that i will be under age for alcohol, yet when i did a little research people were stating that if your over 21 your past going spring break? any truth in this?

new topics

top topics

join