It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running for Local Council

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
Ya know I nearly bought a Geiger counter...

To all:
Just received some digital hate mail from a councillor, wont post it here but clearly they are taking notice. I have sent nothing to them, nor did I even respond to the email, but being sent some nasty accusations from someone within the establishment really makes me think we are making some progress.

I was almost going to remove all the mutual friends I have with them on Facebook, but that will shoot myself in the foot in the end.

I love it when (unqualified) people call me crazy, I have it in writing from people who are qualified to make that distinction that I am not crazy, just angry.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just a quick update to keep you in the loop. There is going to be a public debate, well discussion as its more open ended. I'm not great at public speaking and I avoided mooting at law school because of this, but I think if I plan well I wont crash and burn. I should get my neighbours to come down and be in the audience so they can ask me leading questions--thats pretty par for the course of politicians??.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

There is an organization called Toastmasters that will help with public speaking, otherwise some local theater or other acting can help. If there is something specific you want to say then practice it. Personally I have found doing your homework and knowing the subject to be the biggest help.

The nerves are common, everyone gets them. You just need to suck it in and do it, which you are.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
Wow, thanks. I'm glad you mentioned that group because the chapter here is so connected with a particular party, I found them thru research into the decimation of funding. I believe the org itself is non-partisan but here the [party] hijack everything.

Big deep breaths and courage in my own convictions. I didnt do this for #s and giggles, so I have to "harden the fk up princess" and not piss-fart about.

Regardless of the result, I can still make a difference if I make my issue known.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well the public debate went well. I made my point, I didnt go in with the ego or power trip, I presented my issue and answered questions as they came up. Also all of the other candidates said they will work with me toward my issue, but that is politics.

After tonight, I know who I would vote for if I wasnt running myself. He has lived here ALL his life and the others are motivated by either politics or $$$, he has a stronger connection with the area than me (but its more than that), so I hope he will help me out should he get elected.

The incumbent, well he had the struggle from the outset and the fact he rocked up 15 mins late and drunk was no help to his cause, but he is not an evil fkkr, he just seems to have lost his way.

The other candidate was one of the gentrification crowd and if he gets in I will be annoyed. He spoke of "unwanted junkies", but that attitude ignores the fact that we have a LOT of older (from the 70's) heroin addicts (like my fatther, my uncle... et al...), he just has no idea about REAL WORLD.

I made some difference just by doing that debate, not solved anything, but I at least put my issue to the forefront and dint BS on about things outside of municipal jurisdiction.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates
I posted this on my social media networks, originally because a journalist I use to work with said he would vote for me--I thought I would give this link to him as a bit of a background into the problem; a good starting point. I'm sharing it here so you guys can read it too.

www.jcu.edu.au...

edit on 25-9-2015 by ItVibrates because: fixed hyperlink.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Learning a LOT. Since this has become a defacto log (blog?) for this campaign, I want to post this here just to show an example of attitudes about our home from those outside our city. (posted on a student site I administer not related to my city or the election).

So I'm studying urban planning and realise if (city) and the surrounding area was walled off and declared a nature reserve or waste dump it would actually save the taxpayer money. The (city) area is full of lazy, stoned hippies and criminals that do nothing except walk around aimlessly

Now this person clearly does not realise the local history--that some of us ARE living on a waste dump, nor do they seem to understand their supposed field of study (urban planning), because walling us off... well yeah, its a troll--but there is more to this. I will expand when the election is over.

The attitude is real--there are some who want us to be walled off into a ghetto. I am not being melodramatic.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Election was today and polling closed 6pm local time. I know I'm not going to win this, but I am happy with some of the progress made.

I began this campaign on a single issue effecting our block, I have raised awareness of our problem outside of our block and this can only help our cause. I have also been in contact with few community groups, with their own issues, and this has given me a much broader platform to run with in 2017.

Results will be published on the 22nd so I will update then with some numbers. If I get more than 100 votes, then I am happy with the awareness raised. There is still no resolution to our problem, but the more people that know about it, the less they can ignore us.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Semi-related

There is a big big list I want to go thru. Detective David Robinson is the key (killer) to about 30 murders in WA. High profile ones, he is the coke fiend that tried to fit me up once... he now works for Macro and was instrumental in fabricating evidence on Lloyd Rayney. Also he helped in the big Serco break out to get more $$$$ for his nazi pig mates..

This PIG is known for being the go-to guy when evidence needs to be fabricated. There will be more to follow. This neo-nazi pig has his snout in the trough, he is the biggest contributor to the states crime rate, more so than any non-police career criminal.

If this were untrue, he could come at me with a defamation case, but its true--he has killed more people than he has arrested. He is part of the corruption problem, and when he goes, it will be a LOT easier to get the scum that caused this #. It is true, he cant come at me for defamation, he IS a murderer and he DOES fabricate evidence and he has also worked for the same corrupt GRUBS that dumped radioactive waste under my home.

I hope justice serves this scumbag, as he has been the one to brush a LOT of our issues under the rug.

Straight out NAZI pig scum.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join