It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Only Have One Second, Make It Your Best!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The blink of an eye is all we have, thinking the next one is guaranteed, there is only one second for life to be, only one second of happiness, only one second of hatred, only one second of love.

We only have one second to be what we are, only one second to say what we mean, the next second is upon us in the blink of an eye, only one second to hear, only one second to speak, only one second to cry, only one second to see.

What can we do in one second, before that next second, where can we go, how can we feel, that very moment, that fleeting second, that has gone never to be retrieved, never to be conceived, all that is left is that one second, we have that one second left to be, just for us, that single moment to decide how we want to be.

Make that second the very best second every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single year of every single lifetime.

We never know when the last second comes, so why spend it hating, why spend it in jealousy, why spend it in fear, I really hope my last second in this human construct is spent feeling love.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would have given you a flag as well as a star but I ran out of ti

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Cute!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

funny...

IF we only have a second... why does it take so damn long...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Good heavens, sounds exhausting! (Nice OP - very zen). S/F

@Terry - very clever indeed.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

If an Afterlife exists, then your poem has merit.

If an Afterlife does not exist, then it is just a distraction.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Because it's Your perception of time that you understand... Until u open your mind to the timeless possibility... Where you are in the moment and not thinking about time in the same fashion... It always just is...
a reply to: Akragon

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The afterlife does exist, but also realize, its not as many black ops nudge: tick tock you're on a race. That is just elitism.

Time is perceptional, and can stretch any way needed, and work can be done on any timeline.

Some of earth is meant to be unwinding and finding your joy and nudging others upward.

Only mystery school go on races.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ummm __________________________________

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

It has merit either way. There is a much deeper message.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So nice of the paramedics to have hit the enter button before taking you away.

RIP in peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

In this human construct time is time, in the Universe and the spiritual realm there is no such thing. As souls though we are bound to this dimension and every second counts.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you Buzzy!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

What happened, did you blink and disappear?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And this is relevant to the OP?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

A second in the Universe is a lifetime on this planet.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sorry, I guess it wasn't relevant.

I agree with your OP, this moment is all we have. Past and future don't exist so we should focus on this moment and make it the best we can by helping others and loving them. I gave it a S&F.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I would instantly create a 'question mark' followed by an 'explanation point' represented as 20 ton stone 30 foot tall monuments; (just to confound future natives) those being the keys to open my own self created escape hatch/version to what I hope is Heavens Gates; not yours exactly; mine. Everyone creates their own reality in this physical world and all that happens after death in the non-physical.
edit on 9-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sorry, I guess it wasn't relevant.

I agree with your OP, this moment is all we have. Past and future don't exist so we should focus on this moment and make it the best we can by helping others and loving them. I gave it a S&F.

Was relevant. OP shouldn't have asked the question in the first place as it was time stamped in the linear (a second existing to react within).

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Timely

What happened, did you blink and disappear?

Haha! No, my 1 second ran out ...

However on a more serious note - that 1 second can me a nano second if you are engaged in something exciting.
It can also be an eternity if you are eagerly awaiting something or similarly if your adrenaline is pumping,
ie; In a car crash things can appear to slow down.

Time is relative.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join