It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

power of 'group' meditation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
im thinking of an experiment where say, a plethora of ATSers decide a universal time to concentrate on a particular event and a particular desired outcome, together.

i mean, besides lottery numbers or the superbowl champs or the likes.

just wondering. and if so, what was it they group-meditated about? and was there any paranormal outcome observed?

i musta gotten the idea from movie where ppl had to 'believe in santa' all at the same time, in order for him to liftoff with his reindeers or somethin crazy like that! or from a child in their deathbed that enough healers gather around and pray for and achieve recovery. or, maybe even faith healing in mass settings. and the likes where people in wheelchairs most all their life suddenly jump out of their chair and do a happy dance with the preacher shouting the gospel along with the masses.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Is this an idea you are putting forward?
Because i would rather enjoy taking part in a collective consciousness meditation. a reply to: Sovan

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
collective consciousness? that sounds more spiritual/existential to me than yielding measureable findings; nevertheless, potentially insightful!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's all relative in my perspective, my friend!

a reply to: Sovan

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Richard C. Hoagland on Dark Matter Digital Radio Network is currently trying something to this effect.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I tried to start an ATS nondenominational prayer circle to pray for those members in distress, physical or mental. Trashed right quick.

Perhaps group meditation is different. Collective conscience is a cool concept.

edit on 6-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I've participated in a few group meditations over the years to try to change things.

Honestly, it doesn't, but it does make you calmer about it, and it certainly doesn't hurt, unless you are expecting things to change due to your attempt at trying to change it through meditation.
But don't let that stop you!

Meditate away!

top topics

join