It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Combat Coded F-35's are now delivered to HAFB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hill Air Force base has just recieved two production Combat Coded F-35s in their stable with more on the way. The base is scheduled to take delivery of one to two a month until a full complement of 72 is reached in 2019.

www.standard.net...

I did get to see the flyover, with two F-16s, but I did not have my phone handy.

Quite a sight, and I look forward to seeing more of them.
edit on 2-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just a nitpick, but they technically aren't deployed. Deployed means away from home station. Delivered would be more appropriate.

And glad to see them finally getting them. This is a huge first step towards IOC next year.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok, delivered... but really cool to see. Cant wait until the pilots start taking them out. They like to hotdog quite a bit out here. Lol, likely anywhere they can.

(Makes note zaphod58 nitpics
)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have no idea where the HELL Hill AFB is!!! But I'm sure YOU do and just felt well, I don't care they can just Google it or something! Well I say FOOWEE!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wasn't IOC supposed to be this year?

The USMC plans to become the first of the three US military services to declare F-35 IOC in July 2015.

Janes / 2014

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You know, why are you so excited that jeez, your town got weapons to kill people near by? War sucks. violence sucks. Time to stop.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Oddly enough, I actually know where it is...

It's near Ogden, Utah...if you haven't googled it already.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No. The A is supposed to reach IOC next year. The B already reached IOC. The C will reach IOC in 2019.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My brother lives about 20 miles north of hill afb,,,,,,, the jerk....
He will get to see these fly over and he will not even notice...uuuggg

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I can't help it. My brain does gymnastics until I do.

They've had some B models there doing upgrades on them too. They're going to be a depot facility for them as well. Their first two were there doing software upgrades, along with some systems upgrades.

And for more information you'll never need, these are airframe numbers AF-77 and AF-78.
edit on 9/2/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Updated op with pic and link.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Oddly enough, I actually know where it is...

It's near Ogden, Utah...if you haven't googled it already.

No thank you. You are my google thanks. You have supported you neighborhood lazy person. Thank you. Act without acting. Do without doing. Yabba dabbah Doo!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
They're kind of cute, like the Raptor's little brother...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Big brother Raptor is like the high school jock, little brother Lighting is the school's top nerd.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Just a nitpick, but they technically aren't deployed. Deployed means away from home station. Delivered would be more appropriate.

And glad to see them finally getting them. This is a huge first step towards IOC next year.

And still decomissioned the A-10, being a former combat Marine, deployed multiple times

WTF were they thinking

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Currently about 5 miles from the northern tip of the base.

See aircraft coming and going all the damn time.

Actually saw two Chinooks fly over the other day. Was pretty impressive.

They have Ospreys coming and going occasionally too.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They didn't decommission the A-10. In fact two reserve A-10s just became the first US planes to ever land in Latvia the other day. There have been 12 of them rotating through Europe for months now.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I have had Osprey do circles around my house whilst I was mowing the lawn. Really cool to see.
edit on 2-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They didn't decommission the A-10. In fact two reserve A-10s just became the first US planes to ever land in Latvia the other day. There have been 12 of them rotating through Europe for months now.

ahh ok well I heard that they had?

Also , I use to live Close to Mountain Home AFB in Idaho, I dunno how many were there , but just having 12 seems a little light

I remember being in field and having these things scream in like the hand of GOD , deliver our asses from a world of hurt. I was actually watching down range through my optics one time, and when those bastards heard that sound, you should have seen the looks on their faces, every fighter over there (that survived the encounter) knows the sound of that beast coming in ......

I know Mountain Home at one point , at least i thought was going to house F-35s
edit on 9/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The want to decommission at least some of them and transition their maintenance personnel to the F-35 program, and they were going to retire the entire fleet, but they can't retire anything without congressional approval, and Congress refused to allow them to without a replacement flying.

They're a security package and training force. They've been traveling Europe in small packages to the Baltic States and other areas training with them, and letting them learn how to do JTAC jobs among other things.

<<   2 >>

join