It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF and RAF Tanker Racetracks and ISR Platforms visible on flightradar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I tend to agree with ShayneJUK's summation that these aircraft are to an extent being "allowed" to be visible. I can understand the occasional Mode S gaffe but it really serves psych ops requirements rather well to discount completely that they are all just a mistake.

I think it was last year that I noticed on Plane Finder (which I use at work to keep track of arrivals when on the tarmac) during both a major international summit in Brisbane as well as noting other government VIP flights that data was blocked and in some cases changed to something else. In some cases you may be given an ID or rego for the aircraft but no other information. It is also possible for data to get muddled. Last week I saw a Bombardier Global Express fly over my house, I took note because of the unusual engine note. When I looked at it on Plane Finder it showed as a Sentinel, as in RAF Sentinel surveillance aircraft when it was clearly not and carried a VH rego that I could look up. So sometimes its a mistake or glitch, and sometimes its deliberate to make the point, "we are watching".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

I see what you're saying thebozeian, but unless you live in a war zone I wouldn't be surprised that it was squawking whilst over your house. Doing it in theatre is a different matter.

I think it's safe to assume that ISIS know that we are watching, and listening almost all of the time using drones etc. Seeing a tanker and AWACS or ISR aircraft orbiting is an almost definite indication of an imminent strike package or operation. They'd immediately stop communications and we lose the ability to listen. It doesn't make sense.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join