It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-dating the Shigir Idol - 11,000 YBP and covered in an 'encrypted code'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The Shigir Idol was incredible enough, but new dating by a German scientific team has shown it to be even older, dating back to approx. 11,000 years before present. The idol is considered the oldest wooden monument/structure, and is covered by a type of encrypted message that has never been deciphered.

Source:
Shigir Idol is oldest wooden sculpture monument in the world, say scientists (August 2015)

Stunning statue with 'encrypted codes' is 11,000 years old, even more ancient than previously believed.

The Idol is around the same age as anthropomorphic stone stelae found at the ancient site of Gobekli Tepe in modern-day Turkey.

'This confirms that hunters and fishermen from Urals created works of art as developed and as monumental as ancient farmers of the Middle East,' said the museum.

The Idol - more than 6,000 years older than the UK's Stonehenge - was preserved 'as if in a time capsule' in the peat bog on the western fringes of Siberia.

Experts have surmised that its hieroglyphics contain encoded information on the 'creation of the world' from ancient man. It stands 2.8 metres in height but originally was 5.3 metres tall, as high as a two storey house. Almost two metres of the artifact went missing during Russian's 20th century political turmoil, though Siberian archaeologist Vladimir Tolmachev drew images of all the pieces.

(The comments in the above link contain some interesting additional information as well.)

Enjoy this link to man's mysterious past!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Some old guy needed something to do on those cold winter nights with his grandchildren.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No snow available? Make a totem-man!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
if a serious investigation were actually forthcoming....

a hint might be made that the figure has hidden code which reveals the knowledge of the Double-Helix structure of human DNA... the figure is Female, the nurturer-- the goddess

these scientists can't explain the artifact because of their hubris

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

What hidden code? Go out in nature and look everything is there

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
One of the comments really struck me.

"The kakha tribe of south Siberia have DNA signatures that are seen in a large percentage of Native Americans.The ca 15000 years before the present migrations via Beringia left behind in Siberia, their original tribes, one of which may well have carved the great wooden "idol", clearly a Totem pole of tribal descent records,similar to the more recent Tlingit Indian Totem poles of British Columbia."

I say this because I remember when I was in Mexico last and I was on a tour of Chichen Itza, it was a small group and our tour guide was an actual historian for the Mexican government and he did the tours a side thing job, anyways. He mentioned on the tour that you will find a lot of Myan descent have the names of "cho-k" or "Cha-an" they sounded very Asian sounding, which lead them to believe that people who migrated over had a language that stuck.

But the totem pole really stuck out in my mind, not this one in particular, but the one you find in the north west of the US, and in BC, Canada.

Anyways, I am rambling, guess I am excited that's all. But there is so much evidence showing that the expansion of our ancestors didn't just go West, but far, far East as well. I wonder if anyone tried to go back.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I saw this the other day. Exciting stuff!

Here's a thread I authored about the Shigir Idol in October. To me, it's always seemed like a proto-totem pole.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I guess if they said wooden sculpture then that's what it is, amazing that it survived and in pretty good shape I was initially taken aback when they said oldest because the Venus statuettes and the Ishango bones of the Kongo were double the age but "wooden" is the key word, perhaps crafted by the same folks that did the Venus figurines??..the article hinted at a possible link with Gobekli Tepe.

The Idol is around the same age as anthropomorphic stone stelae found at the ancient site of Gobekli Tepe in modern-day Turkey.

'This confirms that hunters and fishermen from Urals created works of art as developed and as monumental as ancient farmers of the Middle East,' said the museum.
siberiantimes.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It's all about where it was found. In a cool, slightly acidic and most importantly, anaerobic environment (peat bog). Same as with the "bog people" or the Dispilio Tablet, which I thought I'd authored a thread about but apparently haven't. It's a wooden tablet bearing an inscription that was found deep in the mud at the site of a neolithic settlement on a lake in Greece. It's been dated to ~7,300 BP.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Spider879

It's all about where it was found. In a cool, slightly acidic and most importantly, anaerobic environment (peat bog). Same as with the "bog people" or the Dispilio Tablet, which I thought I'd authored a thread about but apparently haven't. It's a wooden tablet bearing an inscription that was found deep in the mud at the site of a neolithic settlement on a lake in Greece. It's been dated to ~7,300 BP.

Thanks Antediluvian always on point as ever..

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

It's absolutely amazing how well peat bogs preserve things (including corpses) - this is a great thread and a VERY interesting piece. That's incredible it used to be 5.3 meters in height total - that's big! I wonder if it was used in any ceremonies or for what purpose they used it. Perhaps for teaching the origins of man to the children of the tribe/community?

Amazing, just amazing! S & F thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Where the heck do they get 'encrypted codes' from?

To my eyes, it's all zig-zags, straight lines and chevrons and the faces could just as easily be pareidolia as they could be intentional. Could the lines be direct representations of how clothing items were put together? The zig-zags on the side of the legs could show how hide trousers were stitched/corded together. The cross-banding on the upper body could be (guessing) similar to horizontal basket weaves.

Experts have surmised that its hieroglyphics contain encoded information on the 'creation of the world' from ancient man. With Svetlana Savchenko, chief keeper of Shigir Idol at Yekaterinburg History Museum, he concludes that 'a straight line could denote land, or horizon - the boundary between earth and sky, water and sky, or the borderline between the worlds.

'A wavy line or zigzag symbolised the watery element, snake, lizard, or determined a certain border. In addition, the zigzag signaled danger, like a pike. 'Cross, rhombus, square, circle depicted the fire or the sun, and so on'.
link

They could just as easily be decorative. Even today, people who doodle tend to sketch zig-zags and wavy lines. I know such lines have been symbolic of water and so forth in Native American cultures, but how much is known about the culture of the guys who created this? Last time I checked it was somewhere near zero.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Have you... seen this thing? It's not nearly so mysterious as people here are making it out to be. It's an obvious totem. It might be female, but it's hard to tell because there aren't any obvious sexual markers and the face is just a run of the mill oval with a couple crude slits and an open O of a mouth.

And that "coded" information? It's a bunch of lines and zigzags. This totem isn't terribly dissimilar to a lot of tribal artifacts, the only thing exceptional about it being the age and level of preservation. As far as explaining it though? It fits in just fine with the currently accepted timeline of human history, isn't of anything particularly head-scratchy, and is only considered to be covered in "encrypted code" by the kind of people who don't understand the difference between encryption, and an unknown language. Which is to say, no, it's not covered in some special code. It's decorated. Maybe those decorations have specific religious meaning as with pacific island tribes, maybe they don't. We'll literally never know.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah I was waiting to see it open up with hinges like a book. Perhaps there is more to it than those lines.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Open... with... hinges? Not sure if joking...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: obscurepanda
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Open... with... hinges? Not sure if joking...

Yes. In other words, the engravings that I see are very anti-climatic. But the totem is quite beautiful.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Where the heck do they get 'encrypted codes' from?

Could the lines be direct representations of how clothing items were put together? The zig-zags on the side of the legs could show how hide trousers were stitched/corded together.

I think you nailed it.

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it's a very early example of a suit form used by giant tailors to fit the Nephilim with the finest tailored suits in the ancient world.

Harte

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Another Lie. Simply A Very Old Drumstick. Beware Of The Camera.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patshrick

Oh please, its over 5 metres tall,
Beware of the credulous

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Patshrick

Oh please, its over 5 metres tall,
Beware of the credulous

Roc drumstick, then.

Harte

top topics

<<   2 >>

join