It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooo...BLM? Well...what about #BlackTransLivesMatter ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your comments, TechniXcality. It is a shame others don't feel the same way.

JadeStar and I, along with others in various places along the transgender spectrum, have participated in multiple threads over the last several months attempting to bring knowledge and awareness of these issues to light. Although we seem to have reached some and made a difference, the concept or acceptance of who we are is lost on others. Honestly, it is all quite fatiguing and I'm getting pretty tired of even trying and beating my head against the wall when dealing with close minded people and those unwilling to learn and maybe modify their views through reading our narratives.

I question at times why I even bother but when we're maligned and called mentally ill or defectives in this supposedly enlightened space, it is hard to not be a little defense and speak out.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jade great post!! I have to think though that So many murders stem from people actually being attracted and when they find out they were attaracted to someone " born diffrent" they themselves feel embarrassed and take it out on us ' born different' people so they feel liek a man or woman again.

This whole issue could be solved in 100 yrs if we outlaw classifications like boy or girl and just say human or person. Or gasp just their NAME!!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: EKron

Ok I think you and jade star should start a thread, this stuff was very very touching.

I am very conservative in most issues, and I have a gay sister, my bible thumping father did not talk to her for two years because of it, and when she came out I lambasted my father for how he treated her.

These story's are TRUE testimony's jade star you are a beautiful woman! Ekon, you are very very sweet and though I can't see you,I know you are a good person.

Jade star, I have dated a woman who works at nasa she is bi racial, she is a pyrotechnic engineer, perhaps you would like to talk her, pm me if you'd like. Beautiful just beautiful posts...

Johnwick I understand you, but please just look at the testimony; where is the argument? There is none, none what so ever...

Mods applause these two postr,with every applause you have!

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you. And I will certainly PM at some point to talk with her.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Jade great post!! I have to think though that So many murders stem from people actually being attracted and when they find out they were attaracted to someone " born diffrent" they themselves feel embarrassed and take it out on us ' born different' people so they feel liek a man or woman again.

This whole issue could be solved in 100 yrs if we outlaw classifications like boy or girl and just say human or person. Or gasp just their NAME!!

If you see the resistance I am getting in this other thread for simply suggesting that English may eventually evolve in that direction well let's just say, a lot would have to happen for that to occur.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Like people actually having to think for once lol!! yeah thats quite a stretch im sure.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's evident that the human species still has a long way to go to fully grasp what it's been doing to its own kind. While I was requested to add in some common sense into this thread, it looks like most of that has already taken place with the last dozen posts.

I would point out that when people put together phrases like "Black Lives Matter" they are not stating those lives are somehow "more important." What they're saying is that those lives are being treated as if they didn't matter and we need to realize that everyone's lives matter.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro
It's evident that the human species still has a long way to go to fully grasp what it's been doing to its own kind. While I was requested to add in some common sense into this thread, it looks like most of that has already taken place with the last dozen posts.

I would point out that when people put together phrases like "Black Lives Matter" they are not stating those lives are somehow "more important." What they're saying is that those lives are being treated as if they didn't matter and we need to realize that everyone's lives matter.

Though I respect your obejective and need to seem superior

The fact that Anyone would promote one form/skin color of life ove another proves its inability to assimilate into something more inclusive and loving

I mean if thats the approach you want to take.........

If its not about everyone and oppression everywhere than its a farce.......

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think maybe you need to carefully reread my post. There was nothing advocating superiority.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

for you...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Jadestar, I think you allowed your direct connection to the situation to cloud what I was saying.

When #BlackLivesMatter started, I felt that it was exclusive. When I said (as others did too), that #AllLivesMatter, I was called out as being racist. As not "getting it" that CLEARLY #BlackLivesMatter covers EVERYBODY.

Well, clearly, it does not.

You yourself do not even feel that it does.

I believe that ALL LIVES MATTER. Period, end of sentence. I wish our world wasn't the kind of place that served up the experiences you've suffered through. I do. But, if we begin to divide ourselves, we'll all fall.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As a transgender woman myself, I'm also not a fan of all these little sub movements. They further divide rather than do what they're supposed to do. If people could get up the same energy and zeal they do for these little sub movements, to instead work to bond with others facing discrimination, end all these little divides and create one single super tidal wave of anti-discrimination, we'd be unstoppable.

I meant we're all part of the LGBT community, why? Because frankly the trans community doesn't have the strength to do it alone. So we all bonded together. As such things get done, but not fast enough, cause we're still not big enough, and we spend our time competing with women's rights, black rights, ect.

When really we should all be working together as one overwhelming cohesive unit. But instead of all working together towards creating a supermovenent, we create more and more and more and more submovements and every time we do it becomes easier to keep us divided and powerless.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Black Lives Matter means that black lives matter just as much as everyone else's lives. Do you agree with that idea? I have no trouble understanding what Black Lives Matter means, but I've always said that they should have just added the little word "too" at the end of it.

Unfortunately, it is human nature to divide ourselves. It's that tribal mentality that we've had since cave man days. I've read that with races intermingling at the rate it's going, there will only be one color in the future - a light brown. I suspect that we will still find ways to divide ourselves even if that happens. Men vs women, gays vs straights, gun lovers vs gun haters, Christians vs Atheists -a diverse population will always be divided in some ways. Gays care a little more about their issues, women care a little more about their issues, gun lovers care a little more about their issues, Christians care a little more about their issues - it's human nature.

I see nothing wrong with a group of people wanting to highlight a specific problem that they feel passionate about. Gun lovers protest for gun rights, women protest for women's rights, gays protest for gays' rights, blacks protest for blacks' rights.

Just curious, do you think gun lovers are silly for caring about their gun rights, over, say the rights of innocent people who got shot by guns? I don't think I've ever heard or seen a group of gun lovers protesting what happened at Sandy Hook. Don't those kid's lives matter just as much as a gun lover's right to have a gun?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Here's the thing, just because something is understandable does not make it the tactically sound strategy to winning the war or any war. Just because something is understandable does not make it right.

It's the difference of the emotional response, and the intelligent tactical response.

The emotional response feels good, but like the child throwing a tantrum, it's not always the right or very effective response to get what you want.

It's like this, some guy pinches your ass at work, others see it, you tell him to stop, he keeps doing it and others see it. So you decide to slap the # out of him cause you're #ing furious. Completely understandable emotional response. The right and intelligent thing to do however was follow the proper channels. Cause now at best you're both fired, whereas had you done it right, it likely would have been just him and the company would have done things to help make sure it doesn't happen again.

Would anyone fault you for slapping the # out of him? Nope is completely understandable emotional response. Is still the more wrong and stupid choice overall.

So yes, it's completely understandable why people create these divisions. It is however, still the emotionally charge, wrong, and most innefective response. These issue are the issues that should be brought to the for in the supergroup to combat together, not separately while competing with each other.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Oh and if those gun lovers DID actually show more anger at people that misuse guns it would help their cause immensely. If they got up in arms more about the responsible use of firearms I think it would go a long way to helping them with their image, yes.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Here's the thing, just because something is understandable does not make it the tactically sound strategy to winning the war or any war. Just because something is understandable does not make it right.

It's the difference of the emotional response, and the intelligent tactical response.

Honestly, thank you very much for saying what I lacked the decorum to say myself.

Just as much as people will say "Why can't you see that #BlackLivesMatter means that all lives matter?" I say "Why can't you see that #AllLivesMatter means ALL DAMNED LIVES MATTER?"

This thread was not meant to be anti anything other than exclusionary ideals. Divide and concur techniques.

Everyone matters. Whether I agree with you or your lifestyle or not. Personally, I believe you HAVE the right to not only be trans or gay or purple, but you have the right to be that way and be happy AND ALIVE.

But, I'll say it again...because people apparently still just don't get it...and they're still going to say I must be racist...

#ALLLIVESMATTER

Not mine, not yours...but ALL of our lives matter.

How is that so hard to wrap your head around, folks?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here to make another point, as a transgender, I understand why people have a prejudice towards me. I understand the underlying psychological and instinctual responses that make them hate me, get uncomfortable and get repulsed by what I am. I get it, to a large degree it's not fully their fault, it's all understandable.

In, however, seeking the end of discrimination, I have to ask and push, and hope for them to be able to learn to put aside these feelings, even if the roots of these fears they have are understandable on a psychological level. While what they feel is understandable, it is still wrong.

Same with our self segregation, or need to push the fight on the short term emotional level, our inability to look beyond the problem that affects us personally today. Why we do this is completely understandable. It is however, not the best way to go about solving the problems quickly and efficiently, and in many ways, these actions help compound and make the problems worse for ourselves.

What we should be doing, is create a movement, where in the goal is join all of us facing the yoke of discrimination, and once we've all come together and got our numbers, discuss the issues and how to fix them, then in one unignorable overwhelming group march across the country and say, this ends today, land on Washington and say, any one of you who does not back these changes we demand will be voted out of office for someone who will, period end of story, and watch the world change.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Arent you forgetting that"race" is a man made thing except when its used to describe HUMANITY as whole? You mean the ETHNICITIES are once again reverting back closer to the original singular one instead of the differing ones Since we all sprouted out of africa in the far distant past.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Technically no that's not true, since humanity gained some Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA while spreading out. You need to go to sub-Saharan Africa to find a "Pure" human these days.

What we're doing is a whole new melting pot, what comes out is not the same as what we started with at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, as my friend Bayne states quite often on her Facebook and so forth, when you have two children, one fat and well fed and the other starving, you do not give more food to the well fed kid; you give the food to the starving child. Thus the importance of women's rights, LGBT rights, and so on. These groups have been victims of imbalanced treatment throughout history and still are today. Their issues matter because they're underprivileged.

I understand that you think the hashtag slogans like this should more accurately represent everyone, and it's noble for that reason. However, you're missing the importance of focused hashtags like this; they highlight the issues and problems people of this particular demographic are facing and need solved. Not every demographic has the same problems, which is why they need specific attention, otherwise we'll never know how to solve them.
edit on 8/30/2015 by Kojiro because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2015 by Kojiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
#appalachianlivesmatter their now I'm special too

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join