It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings ATS, new member saying hello...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hello.
I'm not new to ATS in the sense that I've been frequenting this sight for at least a decade, but I finally broke down last month and joined the site proper. I've always enjoyed reading the many different threads made by so many interesting people, and wanting to comment and contribute, but by not being a member, I was forcing myself to hold my tongue. Well, the apprehension and shyness has finally worn off and I'm here to say hello, glad to be here, I'll try to catch on quick. I also often try to be humorous, but just as often misunderstood. Bear with me. Anyway, I believe that's all I have to say for now. Look forward to conversing in the future.
Regards,
Gravelbone

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Well, unloose that tongue, and get busy.

Just a couple of useful hints:

1) Be willing to listen to other opinions, and discuss them. You'll have a lot more fun that way.

2) Be polite. People will have a lot more fun listening to you, if you're pleasant to interact with.

Any questions, staff are more than willing to give you any help we can.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I imagine I'll be a little more vocal soon enough. Until then...
The Dude shall abide.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hi. Welcome to ATS. See you around.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2015 by Skid Mark because: Sorry. Double post.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I myself am still a newbie poster. But I have been reading for a long time. :-) I still have not done one of these posts I kind of combined it with my first contribution LoL.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent
Hello to you as well and thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeviantMortal
Thanks from one newb commenter to another.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hello, thanks, same to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Glad you overcame your apprehension! Much better to contribute to something you enjoy if you're going to be around. Hello and welcome!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

What do you think so far? It must be nice being able to reply to posts instead of just reading them.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard the Mothership,
This is THE most amazing place in the Multiverse.
Don't be shy, go post.
WIS

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Agreed, though I'm still careful about what I'm replying too. I tend to hold back, lest I make a fool of myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanks for the encouragement.

When I finally think of the right topic or something happens that gives me the right words, I'll start flapping my proverbial yap, lol.
edit on 23Wed, 26 Aug 2015 23:08:11 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoWednesdayb20158America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hello and welcome

Hope you enjoy

:-)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Hello and thank you. I tend to enjoy reading the multitude of content available, mostly some of the humor and knowledge (or lack thereof
) on display. These are exciting times to be alive for sure, what better forum for expression of it?
Gravelbone

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Gravel Bone, love that name

You'll do fine.
I have been here for years and I am still terrified of starting a thread, " Will my links work? Are my references Ok, can I handle Trolls and Bashers".
We have great people to help with all the technical stuff.
The Mods are very well programed.
and they give you cookies. Chocolate Chip.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hello and thanks, I like it myself as well. Yours isn't too shabby either, kind of descriptive of myself in certain contexts lol.
I appreciate the encouragement and look forward to having something worth posting. I'm not much a ranter.
Not that I don't have any apprehension, but mainly abstaining. Patience is a virtue. One which I only seem to express when t comes to, well, expression.

The Mods I have seen so far are perfunctory and indiscriminate. Just how I like them.
Cookies you say?
Well now, this site just gets better every time I visit.

Thanks again.

top topics

join