It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could have every thread on ATS downloaded to your mind, would you, and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey there fellow Above Top Secretions!

ATS is such a fount of Knowledge. on nearly every topic youve ever or never wanted to hear about.

SO, the question, if all you ever knew was learned on ATS would you be able to function, and would you want to?

there are plusses and minuses i can see.
for one becoming like this guy

or this guy

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'd rather have the library of congress downloaded, or heck, I'd settle for a university library.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

well obviously.
im talking about just here. there are SO many topics and subjects covered over the years. and quoted material from everywhere. could a person be a well educated individual with just the compendium of the ATS database

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It would be a waste of space. It's mostly uninformed opinion. I agree with the poster above, though it seems a bit much. I'd settle for Britannica to start. But ATS? That's VERY low on the list.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Could be well educated with just ATS, but a program would be needed to filter out the ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

well thats the idea. since its a "free" forum there is so much lunacy mixed in with the golden nuggets of truth that if you look at it as a whole, could a person function in regular society?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
While I enjoy getting alternative viewpoints to various things going on in the world, the people on ATS are FAR too emotional about things and tend to be overly gullible. So I'd NEVER want to download every thread on here.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

As a whole.... no. @Krazysh0t and @schuyler have explained it nicely.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nope. I am already downloading so much of ATS already.. I see most every thread that matters.

And this way I get to use my brain to pick and choose what I think I want to keep.
Actually I would never want any information downloaded into my brain without my own filter in place.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So, so far the resident denizens feel there isnt a tin foil helm mighty enough to balance the nonsense they let go on here?
are you guys saying ignorance is not being denied?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
May be if it was just the first post in the thread. I couldn't take committing many of the arguments to memory. I would simply implode.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Detailed information is much more convenient in written form than when held in the mind.
Have you tried using the "search" function in your memory lately? The results are very hit-and-miss. The much-criticised search function on ATS works much better.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

While I really enjoy perusing the forums and learning new things on here, I wouldn't want to have ATS in its entirety downloaded to my brain because the volume of information AND jargon would almost certainly have a significant affect on my perspective of things. I would never want that because the media and other factors of my environment have already helped mold my psyche and how I view the world. Too many nuts and bolts... too much emotion as Krazysh0t mentioned... I couldn't bring myself to press "Start"

Hypothetically though, I'm sure that type of technology could easily fall into the wrong hands (think of all of your drunk buddies at a party, and then someone brings out this thing which can have Greg speaking portuguese if we plug him in and press "Upload")

Oh the "pranks" you could play

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No thanks. It would probably drive me insane.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Some people already do but we will never get to meet them, unless we find ourselfs locked up in the nut house one day aswell.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No.
There is a lot of crap here that I don't need in my head.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Fascinating question. Also one that sent shivers of mild horror down my spine when contemplating it. There are certain threads I would love to have permanently committed to memory, but the whole of ATS, en masse? No, I do believe I would have to pass.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Fascinating question. Also one that sent shivers of mild horror down my spine when contemplating it. There are certain threads I would love to have permanently committed to memory, but the whole of ATS, en masse? No, I do believe I would have to pass.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I would only want to see the ones that were "trash binned"! A little humor goes a long way!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
No.
There is a lot of crap here that I don't need in my head.

How about that, Butch?? Trying to do my best Keanu/Johnny Mnemonic
impersonation..."Hit me" for about 66.666% of the posts on this site ..
would instead be "Shovel it on in." I humbly admit with shame populating
the majority, but wish to give myself or nobody else a BS blowout ROFL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join