It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a Prediction: We're Nowhere Near the End

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There is no end, only a transition. While there may be an end to our society and civilization as we know it, there is no true end in infinity. Our lives may end, but life will go on no matter what, whether it be in the form of a tree or the form of a sentient race, life will ALWAYS go on. This is the nature of the universe, endless cycles. When a star dies and blows up, new stars are formed from the star dust left behind, the one star ended but the transition to a new star(s) began.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it is eternal. Everything is vibrational energy in one form or another. When your body is buried, it will decompose and become nutrients for the ground surrounding it. The nutrients your body gives off may even feed a newly forming tree, so in essence, YOUR essence lives on through this transition into a tree.

The body you inhabit right now? It was inside of a star at one point, the elements and atoms that make up your body have always existed in one form or another, it just so happens you inhabit its current form.

The Earth is also the remnants of an exploding star. Our sun may die one day and take all of the planets with it, but that is not the end. That "end" you think of is actually only a new beginning for a new set of life that will eventually pop up on a planet that will be the remnant of our exploding sun. It is a cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. The cycle is eternal and never ending or beginning, because as I said, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed.

Now with these natural cycles in mind, let's apply that logic to ourselves. Our consciousness is energy, it needs to be nourished just like any other energy source. If we do not eat, we die; if we do not drink, we die; if we do not take care of ourselves, we will die. Yes, we all die eventually, but that is because of the impermanence of physical structures. The structure may deteriorate, but the energy within it never deteriorates, it only dissipates into other forms, it moves on to power the next structure it happens to come into contact with.

If our consciousness is energy and we are consciousness, doesn't this mean we also were never created nor destroyed? Aren't we just as eternal as the energy that we are? What if this life is only one cycle or form among an infinite line of lives and forms? Birth, death, and rebirth... endlessly. What if when our consciousness leaves this body it only transforms and inhabits a newly formed body? Just as a star exploding leads to other stars, what if our death leads to other lives that we will eventually live? Like I said, this is HEAVILY implied by the natural cycles all around us. Since we are part of nature and nature works in endless cycles, aren't we just one of these endless cycles as well? We are part of a natural cycle that never ends.

The universe is full of energy and is nothing but energy at different vibrational frequencies. Yes, there was a "beginning" with the big bang, but how do we know this was the first and only big bang that ever happened? For all we know, this universe is just a new sun that is waiting to explode in order to create even more universes.

The mythical hydra comes to mind here, every time one head is cut off, two new heads grow in its place. Let's look at this myth through the lens of the holographic theory, the theory that states our universe is a hologram. What happens when you cut a holographic apple in half? You get two full apples. The hydra's head is cut off and two new heads take its place. The apple, when cut, is replaced by two full apples. You can do this as many times as you like and you will always have two smaller, identical apples, replacing the first one.

If the universe is a hologram, what if we are these apples being cut in half? The entire form of the original apple is preserved through the cutting process, we are the slices of the universe containing the entire form of the universe within us. We are the universe experiencing itself and trying to know itself. If we are the universe experiencing itself, and the universe is energy, and energy cannot be created nor destroyed and is eternal, isn't it reasonable to assume that we too are eternal? There is no beginning or end in eternity. Every point along an infinite line is the center, we are ALL this central point within our own universe, we are literally parallel universes interacting with one another.

So, what if there really is no true end to the world or universe? What if it never began and will never end? What if WE never began and will never end? We may lose our memories from this life, but I don't think that really stopped us in this one. Maybe the "end" is an illusion to those who are left behind on our next transition.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So when do I get my new planet? I surely don't want to be left behind again.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

When? Who knows. But how? Probably in the same way that you were given this planet.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your're right. Whats gong to end is the current Hegemony, another empire on the ash heap of history, another generation that grew up not knowing war and its consequences.

Nothings changed… same stuff, different day. Life goes on, just like the last time endless war raged in Korea ad then Vietnam and everyone wondered if the whole world was going to be destroyed.

It wasn't. It won't be this time, either.

"And all the children are insane." --The Doors, "This is the End"

edit on 23-8-2015 by intrptr because: misquote

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You do know that anyone who makes predictions around here is always wrong!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If it never begins, then scientists sure got it wrong ...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You have paraphrased the law of conservation of mass-energy and the second law of thermodynamics.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

We get a new earth in 1,058 years.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

There isn't an "end" per se, but this period of time? It will end.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Only the ages end, but time marches on.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

We get a new earth in 1,058 years.

We get a new body every 7 years!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I love how you explain the birth and death of everything in the universe and how everything is recycled to repeat the process. Your post made sense to me until you started making a comparison between our consciousness and nature and somehow concluded this meant we had an afterlife or reincarnated. The reason what you say doesn't make sense is that it's one thing to say a star is born and then explodes and pieces of it are used to make other stars and planets and lifeforms. It's quite another to say when the human body dies the mind experiences an afterlife or reincarnates into another life. We know that the atoms and energies which made up the brain will in some way be used by other things on Earth, like worms or bacteria. We also know the remains of a star can be used to make planets and lifeforms and even other stars. But we CANNOT say that whatever the remains of something are reconstituted as, they will retain the precise character or personality of whatever they have been in the past. So if the remains of a star birth a new star, that stars doesn't necessarily resemble the dead one. Similarly, if a worm eats a deceased human's brains, that doesn't mean the worm will retain the humans memories and personality. Nor does it mean the deceased human will be reincarnated or have an afterlife.
edit on 23-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not at all, the big bang is only a theory anyways. A theory I agree with, but a theory nonetheless. The big bang says nothing about what came before, only what happened during and after. By saying the big bang wasn't the beginning isn't to prove science wrong because the theory doesn't even address the before.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I never said our memories and personality are preserved. If you read the last paragraph you'd see this. The only thing that is preserved is the life force or energy that makes up consciousness. Our consciousness WILL go on, it happens with birth every day, our mind and memories however will not. Blank slate, our memories only last as long as we are remembered after we die.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I never said our memories and personality are preserved. If you read the last paragraph you'd see this. The only thing that is preserved is the life force or energy that makes up consciousness. Our consciousness WILL go on, it happens with birth every day, our mind and memories however will not. Blank slate, our memories only last as long as we are remembered after we die.

That's not what you wrote in your post:

Here:

If our consciousness is energy and we are consciousness, doesn't this mean we also were never created nor destroyed? Aren't we just as eternal as the energy that we are? What if this life is only one cycle or form among an infinite line of lives and forms? Birth, death, and rebirth... endlessly. What if when our consciousness leaves this body it only transforms and inhabits a newly formed body? Just as a star exploding leads to other stars, what if our death leads to other lives that we will eventually live? Like I said, this is HEAVILY implied by the natural cycles all around us. Since we are part of nature and nature works in endless cycles, aren't we just one of these endless cycles as well? We are part of a natural cycle that never ends.

There's a difference between saying the remains of our deceased body are recycled to create new lifeforms which may or may not resemble us, and saying our consciousness leaves the dead body and inhabits a new one or somehow lives eternally. Just because our body is recycled doesn't mean our consciousness is preserved!!! Our DNA is preserved in our children and perhaps panspermia means our DNA is similar across the cosmos, but without something of that nature you cannot say we're ubiqitious or somehow magically preserved after death.

It's not "HEAVILY" implied by nature that our consciousness is somehow preserved or reincarnated, as you say. That's not how recycling works. Recycling means recycling the individual parts of the body, not the whole thing. It's the whole thing which is hte key to our consicousness. So it doesn't mean recycling your consciousness or your memories or your personality. The only way those thigns get recyccled, as I stated before, is through our dna or panspermia or something else--like culture, for example.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's exactly what I said actually. Read the last paragraph: "we may lose our memories from this life"... So yeah, that's exactly what I said. Consciousness is not a particular set of memories, consciousness is the life force that gives us life despite what memories any particular person may have.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No I'm not stupid and I take offense to you even implying it. You're obviously misunderstanding what I said. What I remember in this life doesn't transition to my next life, but what gives me life does.

Why is it so hard to believe that life continues after death? Where do babies come from? They came from "nothing" just as we are going to "nothing", at least I assume you believe there is no personal experience after death. If so, there was no personal experience before birth... yet you are here now having personal experience nonetheless.

Someone who doesn't believe in life after death is akin to someone saying that babies aren't born. The "before birth" and "after death" places are the same, places of non-experience, yet in the case of "before birth" it leads to experience. Why is it different for "after death"?
edit on 8/23/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That's exactly what I said actually. Read the last paragraph: "we may lose our memories from this life"... So yeah, that's exactly what I said. Consciousness is not a particular set of memories, consciousness is the life force that gives us life despite what memories any particular person may have.

Don't play with me, I do not like that. Look, when we die, our consciousness is dead. It doesn't leave the body without our memories and personalities. It doesn't get reincarnated or experience an eternal afterlife. The life switch is off. Only the individual parts of the body and its energies are recycled, not the whole body. It's the WHOLE body which produces consciousness. Thus, the only way for anything consciousness-related to concretely be preserved or recycled is through dna or panspermia or culture or somethihng else which can ensure what we were will continue to exist in the future in the many births and deaths that occur.

It's possible consciousness is a ubiquitous across the universe and doesn't need to migrate or pollinate to spread its character. So maybe it's a fundamental force which naturally occurs without respect to locality. But that still doesn't mean our consciousness survives death in anyway, shape or form. Creatures may continue to be born in the future with our likeness, though.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm not playing with you lol. That's your opinion and I respect it, though it doesn't seem as though you respect mine, implying I'm stupid and all.

Tell me, what's the difference between what is before birth and what is after death? There's no experience in either "place" is there? So why does the place of no experience before birth lead to what we are experiencing now but the same can't be said for the place we go to after death? They're the same place, that of no experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm not playing with you lol. That's your opinion and I respect it, though it doesn't seem as though you respect mine, implying I'm stupid and all.

Tell me, what's the difference between what is before birth and what is after death? There's no experience in either "place" is there? So why does the place of no experience before birth lead to what we are experiencing now but the same can't be said for the place we go to after death? They're the same place, that of no experience.

I removed my "stupid" reference earlier, before you make this reply (and before I read your first reply to it), so I saw my error quickly enoguh, no?

You seem to be saying to me that no memories or personality is preserved, BUT our consciousness is!!! You want yoru cake and you want to eat it too, is how I read that. Look, either something meaningful is preserved or it's not. You provide no rational for how consciousness is preserved. You refer to magical things like the consciousness leaving the body or being reincarnated or similar, but doesn't impress me.

I want concrete. Give me concrete. Otherwise, don't refer to how nature works, thus appealiing to me, but then use magic to make your point. It's misleading and I feel misused.

<<   2 >>

join