It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia - Replica of the most powerful nuke ever detonated Tsar Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Visitors of the Moscow Manege will have the opportunity to view a life-sized replica of the "Tsar Bomba," the most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated, in the Russian capital from next month. The replica of the Soviet AN-602 hydrogen bomb will be viewable to the public from September 1 till the end of that month after being delivered to the Manege on Saturday night. Its installation and accompanying exhibition are being organised to mark the 70th anniversary of Russia's atomic industry.

Is russia making a statement?

edit on 23-8-2015 by yulka because: image

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Is russia making a statement?

Sure they can build something that actually works.

Just kidding, they are just showing the world again...see what we did.

In all honesty I would love to see that thing in person as it is somewhat amazing. Deadly for sure...but still amazing.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not sure how accurate this is...

... But it's startling to try and comprehend.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's accurate..50 million tons of tnt was the equivalent, the shock wave circled the globe 3 times I believe..mankind cannot take too much of that. it scared TPTB enough they stopped atmospheric nuke testing.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is one of those oddities that you have to wonder why they bothered with. It is to big to be sent by ICBM and the bomber they used even had to have its fuel tanks removed. So it would be impossible to deliver.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Impressive device it was and proved the concept to be sure
but the only practical purpose for a weapon like this
is in the propaganda war as a last resort M.A.D. device.

Weapons of this scale are gone the soviet union is gone and we
are all the better for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nukemap

To get a pretty realistic visual of just how powerful the Tsar Bomb is, take a look at that link. You can use the map to see the effect of different nuclear weapons, including the Tsar Bomb. It even has an estimated air blast and thermal radiation radius. Quite fascinating really. Like others, I'd also like to see that thing in person. I saw the mock ups at Wright-Patterson AFB museum. For what looks like nothing but a giant rounded tin can, they really are intimidating.

The Tsar Bomb even originally designed to be 100MT and was scaled back. That's just insane.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I just did a davy crockett in tianjin

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I would love to know how big the device would be (for the same yield) in this day and age. Could it be made smaller and more deliverable?
edit on 23/8/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There's been a lot of explosions lately, hope they don't drop it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Nukemap

To get a pretty realistic visual of just how powerful the Tsar Bomb is, take a look at that link. You can use the map to see the effect of different nuclear weapons, including the Tsar Bomb. It even has an estimated air blast and thermal radiation radius. Quite fascinating really. Like others, I'd also like to see that thing in person. I saw the mock ups at Wright-Patterson AFB museum. For what looks like nothing but a giant rounded tin can, they really are intimidating.

The Tsar Bomb even originally designed to be 100MT and was scaled back. That's just insane.

Fun app.
Drop one on Damascus and it cuts Syria in half all across the NE direction.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

They could always put it in a shipping container.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I did a little research regarding this matter. I was unaware that after the TSAR was detonated they signed a peace treaty in 1963 that required all nukes to be tested underground. It is called the "Partial Test Ban Treaty" and was agreed by the USSR, UK, and USA. Maybe that's where all of these strange unexplained noises and explosions are coming from.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

And people wonder why so many get cancer.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Only Russia thinks that this was some accomplishment. It was, but in a negative way!

The Tsar Bomb had a 50 megaton TNT yield.

Nature always trumps humanity. The Krakatoa volcanic eruption was 200-300 megatons of TNT, whereas the Mount St. Helens eruption was a pesky 20-30 megatons.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I believe that i have read somewhere ( although i cant link ) that the Tsar Bomba scared the crap out of the Russians as much as everyone else .

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

it could have been done.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The Tsar Bomb that was tested only had half the lithium deuteride it could hold.

If it had been full it would have been a 100+ MT blast.

One thing russia found is they did not have a target in the US that would rate using the Tsar Bomb.

And there may have been a plan to drop them in the deep ocean off both the east and west coast of the US to cause Tsunamis but later research shows that would not have worked very well.
what-if.xkcd.com...

new topics

top topics

join