It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines to pull out of Israel in January

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

a reply to: BlessedLore

They weren't choking. They were doing rather well from 2006 on. In fact they're taking over American, not the other way around. Under the merger terms they kept the American name as it was more recognizable. This is the second merger they've been through, and second airline they've absorbed.

Your quote above ,

They could afford to keep flying it hoping to eventually make a profit.

Too me that equals choking= hoping to eventually make a profit.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Might not be, we are just dissecting the topic to try to find out. I thought that is what ATS was but it seems anytime some one attempts a thread all most want to do is de-thread and slander and etc... It's becoming more so every day on here it seems...

This is not directed toward you, it's just something I've noticed lately in threads.
edit on 21-8-2015 by BlessedLore because: add

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

THIS route wasn't profitable. This was far from their only route. In 2012, the year before they acquired American US Airways showed a profit of $637M. That was an almost 800% increase from the previous year. In the two years since, American Airlines Group has reported profits of $1.9B and $2.9B in 2013 and 2014.

Even though they're the biggest airline anywhere now they still have to report to shareholders and fly profitable routes.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well, being that you're responding to me I do feel you're directing that comment to me. Just because this is ATS doesn't mean there's always a conspiracy. If there were a conspiracy wouldn't more airlines cancel flights to Israel, and not just American flights? The loss of profit is the reason here, that's it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You win, last post I made to you earlier, then another mod moves this thread...

If we can't discuss this is what I was talking about....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Maybe if Israel and Palestine can finally agree to a two state solution and end the conflict more people would fly to Israel? Perhaps profits would be on the rise then?

With the hell the Middle East has turned into I know I won't be going anywhere near it any time soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Close this thread I give up,

ATS is not what it was, I think I need to migrate. Good Luck to all in your journey.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Now don't get all upset because we aren't going to be pushed into your line of thinking that there is some kind of conspiracy here. You asked ATS in your opening post what we thought and this is what some of us think. But don't worry, there are like minded people who think every single thing is a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah really. No way would I visit there, as much as I'm interested in the history.

They just picked a bad route. If they had been able to get gates for it in the NY/NJ area they would probably have seen profit. But even though ticket prices were lower on this flight, traveling to Philadelphia would bring the cost up close enough to a flight out of that area it wasn't worth the extra travel.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Philly to Tel Aviv doesn't even sound like a flight anyone would take. How big a demand could there ever have been in the first place. Glad to see they finally decided to stem the bleeding.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Philly to Tel Aviv doesn't even sound like a flight anyone would take. How big a demand could there ever have been in the first place. Glad to see they finally decided to stem the bleeding.

Ye, Israel is a very tiny country. They will have this issue crop up from time to time. Flights from UK are more limited than they used to be for this reason.

20 million is a lot to lose. It is a simple business decision.

<< 1   >>

join