It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormhole Created in Lab Makes Invisible Magnetic Field

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Reading this, I started to think "could this be used as shielding device for crew members on ships with nuclear engines?" or perhaps a shield against the radiation in space for longer journeys. I know that is a huge showstopper for us...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Kapusta

Don't get me wrong, I find this to be a fascinating new discovery that the Military-Industrial complex will use against us, but no quantum mechanics here.

They probably had this technology for years, and this is the time of civilian use.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: csehszlovakze

Since light is essentially electromagnetic radiation, I wonder if this could be used to cloak visible/invisible frequencies of light as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The article is misleading. They shouldn't be drawing a parallel between this clocking mechanism and wormholes. Wormhole are supposed to fold space-time. This does no such thing. This is merely a way to channel a magnetic field along a cloaked path.

Don't get me wrong, I find this to be a fascinating new discovery that the Military-Industrial complex will use against us, but no quantum mechanics here.

It's hard to imagine any practical use for this discovery.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
With the news on RT that Russia does not consider us Americans their enemy, just our government, plus this does it mean Titor's warnings are true? Do not forget the fact he predicted Obama by saying the president elect of 2008 would try to be the next Lincoln. -concerned, never scared, cept for lightning

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

a reply to: csehszlovakze

Since light is essentially electromagnetic radiation, I wonder if this could be used to cloak visible/invisible frequencies of light as well.

Electromagnetic radiation and magnetic fields are different principles. But I can see where your coming from.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

More Philadelphia experiment stuff??? Maybe, wormholes... nope.

Ironically the So called Philadelphia Experiment was to cloak invisibility to Radar.

manipulation the magnetic filed , Ironically like this discovery in away .

The supposed fluke that the Ship went invisible it self in the experiment
from a disruption of the magnetic field,

unlike the OP's article , the ship when in to a Time elapse , a time warp where it originally was, days ago.
at the Virgina Docks. momentary then back. and a supposed disruption caused the molecules and Atoms to be misplaced from cause of Time Elapse. as the crew were fused into the ships as the crew was not Originally were they were when the came back .a and claims the crew seen that they were going throw a tunnel. a Wormhole perhaps,

but no way near like the article. of live science

what the in Op's article has found is the team discovered a cloaking device ,

all i can see is the Military, will get their hands on it

The new wormhole isn't a space-time wormhole per se, but is instead a realization of a futuristic "invisibility cloak" first proposed in 2007 in the journal Physical Review Letters. This type of wormhole would hide electromagnetic waves from view from the outside. The trouble was, to make the method work for light required materials that are extremely impractical and difficult to work with, Prat said.

I have to say this Paragraph sounds like the Philadelphia Experiment somewhat.
when a university in Spain say's extra special dimension although the supposed Philadelphia Experiment
ran big generators for the cause it to cloak .

"This device can transmit the magnetic field from one point in space to another point, through a path that is magnetically invisible," said study co-author Jordi Prat-Camps, a doctoral candidate in physics at the Autonomous University of Barcelona in Spain. "From a magnetic point of view, this device acts like a wormhole, as if the magnetic field was transferred through an extra special dimension."

www.livescience.com...

ask yourself this , if the Philadelphia Experiment did happen
you think the American government has played with the same effect
duplicating it in the last 70 years and what would the outcome be ?
and what toys would the American Government have now.

Philadelphia Experiment LOL

Its been debunked so many times that even
the debunkers have been debunked .

but this live science article of what it contains may have
Conspiracy nutters activate that old hoaxed theory of the Philadelphia experiment yet again .

The Truth is Both sides of the War did alot of Crazy # in experiments and inventions
trying to win the war . mostly on the German side . and the Americans got a handfull
of scientist and engineers in operation paper clip. and without them we wouldnt on
the moon as fast as we did

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The worm hole device is currently being developed by CERN and will be used in Hoover dam soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
The worm hole device is currently being developed by CERN and will be used in Hoover dam soon.

Large Hadron Collider Could Create Wormholes: a Gateway for Time Travelers?
by Ian O'Neill on February 7, 2008

www.universetoday.com...

Freaky

Detection of mini black holes at the LHC could indicate parallel universes in extra dimensions
March 18, 2015 by Lisa Zyga feature

Read more at: phys.org...

phys.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Agree. In fact, there are several earth like planets throughout our universe and the other 6. This worm hole will allow access to these other planets in other universes.
youtu.be...
thetruthisfromgod.com...
edit on 22-8-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Agree. In fact, there are several earth like planets throughout our universe and the other 6. This worm hole will allow access to these other planets in other universes.
youtu.be...
thetruthisfromgod.com...

Stranger then fiction

July 2, 2012

Hidden Portals in Earth's Magnetic Field
www.nasa.gov...

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun
science.nasa.gov...

well NASA is calling it Portals or are they Wormholes.

basicaly it is like a heavy current river within the Ocean

NASA's Van Allen Probes Discover Particle Accelerator in the Heart of Earth’s Radiation Belts
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

youtu.be...
thetruthisfromgod.com...

Stranger then fiction

July 2, 2012

Hidden Portals in Earth's Magnetic Field
www.nasa.gov...

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun
science.nasa.gov...

well NASA is calling it Portals or are they Wormholes.

basicaly it is like a heavy current river within the Ocean

NASA's Van Allen Probes Discover Particle Accelerator in the Heart of Earth’s Radiation Belts
www.nasa.gov...

LOL. Talk about talking past one another.

That's like when scientists talk about quantum teleportation and joe on the street thinks Star Trek.

xkcd.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Aliens.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
one way to detect a submarine is how it affects the local magnetic field, now we can change the local magnetic field. all we need to do now is scale this up to the size of a los angles class sub.

good bet it already has been demonstrated

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh #... seems like it's time to build the N7 Normandy. Mass Effect meets real life.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Meanwhile on OtherEarth, a metal object just moved on its own and scared the crap out of someone.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Can we see a magnetic field? I have a magnet in one hand now, all I can see is the magnet, are my eyes set only to visible light?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I read this a few days ago, misleading article title is misleading.

What they did was shield/redistribute a magnetic field to "appear" like it was doing what a worm hole might do to space and time. They really shouldn't have made the wormhole analogy since it seems to be confusing many a interweb journalist. This has nothing to do with wormholes at all.

It redirects and distorts a magnetic field (for say cloaking purposes, as in making surveillance/electronic gear hard to detect). The amount of power needed to scale this up to dr.evel level planet destruction would be almost ridiculous (since it uses hardware surrounding the field to do it), you might as well just build a dyson sphere and leave the puny planet your bulling alone.

...article said it was good for MRI's instead of putting people in a tiny tube...but we all know its for surveillance.

edit on 24-8-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If these physicists have just stumbled upon this, imagine what the government has already known and implemented.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread but it reminds me of the Venturi effect most commonly found in carburetors in everyday application of use... fluid moving against other surfaces creates the effect seen in the worm hole of static electricity or Casimir like effects as a by product of that flowing, so why not in particles flowing through the vacuum of space as well as a sort of current of cosmic winds or pulls of gravitation and black holes forming eddy pools in the flow of these particles and matter... and at different masses create these diffent pressures within the vacuum itself where some space is calm while others a have a great turbidity.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join