It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divorce American Style

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thinkers posts sound like truth with a little bit of satire

I know one woman that just got out of a relationship and then married the next man after only dating him for 3 months. Neither the man or woman really thought it through, but I know that the woman wanted a husband.

I can already tell that the marriage will not last much longer. But I do have a great sense that one of the reasons she married him was for financial support.

My mom was married to my dad for 16 years. She filed for divorce. Tore the family apart. I was 15 at the time. My siblings were still young. My mom married a man 13 years younger than herself and not much older than me.

I stayed with my dad for a while my siblings lived with my mom and her new husband (great guy dont get me wrong). They've adapted to their "new family" They were young during the divorce so they could still grow into a new setting. However I was older and more mature. I was very depressed and I have never been the same since.

It's a horrible thing. And I do think that marriage should be though out very carefully. Many of my high school friends are married. We've only been out for 3 years. They're not thinking clearly. I've warned many of them. You're too young. You need to wait until your financially independent. This is your first girlfriend. Live life first. Etc. All I get in response is "With gods help we can do this" and other blinded by faith/love responses.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I imagine this is being promoted in the name of freedom right?

Really, America. Get over the sexual act alreadly. Why do you care so much about what other people do with their own love lives?

Just think, you too could have beaches full of topless women!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If the woman was a Shepard she would leave a weak lamb behind to dye and buy a new one.

If the man was a Shepard, he would pick up the weak lamb and take it home and nurse it, then buy a new one.

She would have done the same as your man Shepard.

You have a very eastern attitude towards women there, which i can relate to, to a point. Women�s freedom within society i feel has added to the divorce rate. Not that im a women repressor or anything, far from it.

Many men believe that women are perfect and that they can do no wrong. I had a mate who loved this girl so much he couldn�t see what a bitch she actually was. Over time i realised that he couldn�t see that women could be bad at all. To him women were untouchable. If i said to him "she's a real twat" he would get all upset with me, even though it was the truth.

But women can be, and are very often, more monogamous then men, more caring and thoughtful. I had some very good women in my time, and all though i know a couple of them were unfaithful they probably wouldn�t have been if i had been paying attention. It works both ways.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode

It works both ways.

Yeah Both ways 20%to 80%....not 50/50.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My buddy is standing outside a store in Elko, Nevada. Woman comes out the door. He says, 'hey- can you cook?' She says, 'yes'. He says, 'you want to get married?' She says 'yes'. Bam! Just like that. They stay together until old age recycles them. Happy. Both Indians.

My other buddy goes to a blanket dance, gets married. He and she drive each other nuts. They go different directions, marry others. No papers. No hard feelings. Indian way. Hello. Goodbye. Happy.

What good is a law? Love is in the heart, and you can't make someone love you with a court and guns and badges. How ugly! How can 'law' make someone happy? Chain the birds down? No thanks. If it is supposed to stay with you, it does.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
They go different directions, marry others. No papers. No hard feelings. Indian way. Hello. Goodbye. Happy.

Wow wow. Let us stop right there. Indian way? Are you kidding? No way. Indian wifes will put with abuse and what not, at least the old ones not in touch with west. But this? Never seen this anywhere or heard of this.

No one in India does these things.

Surf

[edit on 12/30/2004 by surfup]

MBF

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

2. Women find stable, non conflict men as boring and prefer males that cause conflict which leads to divorce after a few years of marriage.

Why is it that after a woman has married several "fun to be with" men and had several children with them do they THEN want a stable man to marry to help raise the other mens children? Why don't they want a stable man to begin with?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't think he was talking about Indians from India. I think he was talking about Indians of the American Continent.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You guys all miss the point, women just want to be loved and appreciated for what we are, nothing more nothing less!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

They go different directions, marry others. No papers. No hard feelings. Indian way. Hello. Goodbye. Happy.

Wow wow. Let us stop right there. Indian way? Are you kidding? No way. Indian wifes will put with abuse and what not, at least the old ones not in touch with west. But this? Never seen this anywhere or heard of this.

No one in India does these things.

Surf

[edit on 12/30/2004 by surfup]

Native American. My wife carries a knife, really big knife. If anyone tries to abuse her, they are going to lose something painful. We are equals, in everything. Our tribe had a Chief a few years ago named Wilma Mankiller, no kidding. Good woman. You guys never notice us, but we're all over America. Millions of us. Not extinct. We are a Matriarchal tribe, kids belong to the women. Who wants a weak woman? Make mine strong heart, strong mind, strong arms, sharp knife. Yeah. Heh.

Our law is, you leave with what you came with. Stuff you can't carry stays with the one who ain't leaving. Kids belong to the mom. Lots of us guys end up raising them anyway. Fun.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Native American. My wife carries a knife, really big knife. If anyone tries to abuse her, they are going to lose something painful. We are equals, in everything. Our tribe had a Chief a few years ago named Wilma Mankiller, no kidding. Good woman. You guys never notice us, but we're all over America. Millions of us. Not extinct. We are a Matriarchal tribe, kids belong to the women. Who wants a weak woman? Make mine strong heart, strong mind, strong arms, sharp knife. Yeah. Heh.

But that's not always the case, and in many instances if very far from the case.
Many American Indian Tribes adopted Christianity, along with it Christian views and values, which meant a switch from matriarchy to patriarchy.

How many women do you see sitting in drumming circles?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Many American Indian Tribes adopted Christianity, along with it Christian views and values, which meant a switch from matriarchy to patriarchy.

How many women do you see sitting in drumming circles?

Name one Christian tribe that is not extinct. Ever seen a man dance while someone shoots at him? In that way we 'adopted' Christianity.

I have been in drum circles with 50, 60 women. Sure there's assimilated apples out there. But traditional Indians, we're all around you, if you are in US. And we prefer freedom. Remember that?

Love you guys. And gals. Get tough. Stay free.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I've heard divorce referred to as legalized adultery. Marriage is until DEATH do you part.

Jesus said that it was wrong to divorce for any reason except fornication--NOT adultery (there is a difference). Take the example of Mary and Joseph. Marriage was a bit different back then. What Joseph was wanting to do at first (put her away--BEFORE they came together) would be called "breaking off the engagement" today.

The Bible tells us that if one should divorce, that person has two options while the spouse is still alive--either be reconciled, or remain "single." No remarrying is permitted unless the spouse dies. To divorce and remarry is to be an adulterer.

Problem with today is, we live in a disposable society. Don't like your spouse? Dump them and marry another. Don't want a baby? Kill it before it's born. It's all about Me, Myself, and I.

I'd also like to add that my husband and I were married when I was 20 and he was almost 27. We've been married for 11 years now, and we have a 3-year-old son.

[edit on 12/31/2004 by Amethyst]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join