It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volunteering questions?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

Since becoming a member here at ATS i've learnt a lot of things, some i've taken with a pinch of salt, others ive took straight to my heart. One of those things being the harmful effect humanity has had on our environment and wildlife.

This has brought me to the conclusion that i want/need to help!

Im wondering if any members here on ATS have ever volunteered around the world, whether that be for wildlife reserves or sea life conservation ect. Wheres the best place to start?

I have looked at a few companies but some seem more like "tourist" escapes where you pay £10,000 to "help out". Like a packaged "volunteer experience".

All thoughts, ideas and experiences welcome!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

I can't go into too much detail as just walking out the door but have a look at helpx, it's a website that you pay a small subsciption to to find voulenteering where you get accomodation/food for x ammount of work in different fields from helping others to eco projects ect.

It's a good, cheap way to start out and I can confirm that it's not a scam and the subscription is well worth it.

helpx website

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thanks Nonspecific, have you done any work through them?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Try searching for an intern position.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I have never had time but a good friend of mine has used it when in need of a place to live and a new challenge.

The last time he spent a few months helping to build a straw bale house and ended up getting taught thatching and given a permanant job for several months.

It's well worth the £30 signup fee's for the year in my opinion.

edit on 19/8/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Contact me by pm...I am FEMA, Homeland Security trained, Citizens Corp, Cert team 1st Responder....there are many others you indicaeverywhereted an interest inthe areas you mentioned wworldwide....we need volunteers everywhere.

I can point you in those directions. Thanks for the interest. Whatever the areayou want to help!

MS
EMT
ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT

Sorry for typos! Phone!
edit on 19-8-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join