It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million Dollar Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
With all the hype for 2016's election that will no doubt shape the immediate future of our great nation, we are overwhelmed with options.
Most of our options are not so hot. A couple, like Trump or Bernie are really looking attractive. Well. anything looks attractive compared to Hillary, but there is one thing that I have not heard any of the candidates discuss yet, unless I missed it.

On a quick side note, as of right now, I want Trump.
I know, I know, but, lets face it, I'm pissed, you're pissed and we want to bitch slap the face of mainstream politics with our rabid new pet pit bull, Trump.

So what matters to most Americans the most?

Immigration? maybe, but its inevitable and a moot point trying to stop it.

Higher taxes for 1%? sure, but dream on…

So what really matters?

Well for me, there's only really one thing that we need immediate "change" with and I haven't heard any of the candidates discussing this.

When are they going to legalize it for all?
When will Marijuana be taken off of schedule 1 and when will it become 100% legal across the entire USA?

Enough is enough, I am really hoping that marijuana plays a major and positive role in the upcoming election.
To me, its a deal breaker. Make or break.

Trump/The Body Ventura 2016!

Or not?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Legalizing marijuana would be a huge platform for any candidate to have I believe, as I would love to see it legalized, but is there a candidate that has made that their objective yet? For as much as Trump wants a wall built to seperate US and Mexico, I think his next step would be to just say that he wants all narcotics to be produced in the US, lol. US grown marijuana is much better than what you would see from Mexico, though, Canada has a decent crop.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hilary is ace this election. And speaking of weed trump or bernie even making their respective nominees are a pipe dream lol

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just like All religions, All drugs are a veritable curse on society. As soon as the King of Atlantis, Toth, forbid the fruit of Laikota plant to be forbidden and not eaten some of his people disobeyed and took it out of his garden to be grown in the Jungle. It's effect would cause excitation of the brain and allow any user to solve any problem. Although the fruit was not a drug it was still banned and no longer exists on planet Earth. So even in Lost Continents of Lemurian and Atlantean times there were drug dealers sort of speak. Even worse is the war on drugs that drives the price up only so the shadow banking and shadow economy can run a powerful ring around the populace to better subjugate and control it. I would legalize it and back any candidate that did.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: typo

edit on 18-8-2015 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

I am under the thought that if the last name isn't Clinton or Bush, you got no shot at winning. Pick your poison.

Having said that two things

1) automation/robotics is coming and will be quick. Business/ technology are projecting to layoff about 40% of the total workforce in the next 10 years. What is the plan for a woefully unskilled labor pool to avoid 40% of the population going on social services

2) we are 18 trillion in debt. Don't care who did it at the moment. Many people say it doesn't matter. The truth is that as the debt goes higher we must pay the interest payments and they go higher. The higher the debt, the higher the interest payments, the less money in the budget for other things. What's the plan to reign this in so it's not consuming more of the budget, then we borrow more to cover the short fall, then we have more debt, with more interest payments, etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It would not surprise if Marijuana eventually gets the green light to go national and may even be part of the plan to ease some of the debt. It is just a slow methodical plan that will not happen overnight, I'm thinking maybe 5-10 years so definitely something the next prez should or would bring into play.

A lot of money there and TPTB know it but they are trying to figure out and fine tune how to control the majority of the industry. I have already put a little money into what are now cannabis penny stocks but if even one of those companies lasts and booms I just made the big time. For example roughly $300 equaling 17,159 shares of one particular stock that is supposedly one of the hot companies to watch. If the company goes bust then oh well I just lost $300 and I piss that away on a weekend with my gal pals so no biggie but if it lasts and grows semi-exponetionally I'm wealthy. Easy gamble for me.

I suggest everyone do some research and get into this before it is too late.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

This makes we wonder if we're going to see marijuana lobbyists paying congress to vote in their favor.
I hope so. I mean isn't that the way it works?

But Trump can't be bought though… I wonder if the Don blazes fats J's in his various penthouse suites?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I can't imagine leaving the house to even vote if my choices were bush or clinton.
Think I would spend that time renewing my passport.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I can't imagine leaving the house to even vote if my choices were bush or clinton.
Think I would spend that time renewing my passport.

My bad, should have not even called it a choice. Just trying to do my part to keep up the illusion for those that believe there is a difference between the two parties and they actually have a choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
When are they going to legalize it for all?
When will Marijuana be taken off of schedule 1 and when will it become 100% legal across the entire USA?

Do you know Trump's position in it?

What does Donald Think of Legalization? (links to his statements at source)

First, based on his public statements, it’s clear that Trump doesn’t want to end the War on Drugs. In the 1990s, Donald Trump declared that legalization was the only way to win the Drug War, so he knows — or, at the very least, knew — that prohibition doesn’t work. Trump has since disavowed this position, however, and has publicly stated that he only supports allowing marijuana for medical purposes, suggesting that he is no more willing to scale back prohibition than any of the other GOP candidates.
If he were to become president, it seems unlikely that Trump will fight for significant reforms to American drug laws, but his approach to drugs in general could be more common-sense than the typical Republican drug warrior.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
His duties as Batman would be too distracting to fulfill his role as President. We need a full time President.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh well. That sucks.

Guess it's back to buying weed from wherever as per usual.

At least its tax free...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Trump/The Body Ventura 2016!
Or not?

Trump - I'm on the fence about. But he couldn't be any worse than what we've had for the past 16-ish years.

Ventura - when you sue a widow for everything she has because her dead husband made a comment about you that wasn't true, and didn't affect you financially at all, but only hurt your precious little feelings - well then I have absolutely zero respect for you and hope you fail at everything you do.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Still can't find any updated info on the sense of direction that Trump will take towards legalization of marijuana.

Has anyone heard any info on which way Trump will lean on this?

I think it is a deal breaker for anyone running for President in 2016.

I figure, since it looks like Trump is actually going to win this thing in 15 months, I'd like to know what to expect.

Math= Y = (40% in the poles currently) X (1.5% increase per month) / (Pi) = A.
A + Y = Trump wins by 158% of the popular vote.

new topics

top topics

join