It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get around government curbs on the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This thread was inspired by hearing Russia has been banning web sites that the rest of the world has access to.
By Russia banning these sites, it's government is really going down the path of total control. Is ATS available in Russia ?

Although I don't have this problem, some people do, I can imagine ATS is banned in some countries, it would be nice if those people could sign up and post here. ATS has a very western based membership you can tell by the threads and comments.
This thread is for brain storming those idea's, and who knows, one day we might even need to use them, but I hope not.

I will start with two I found, using a VPN or an App called TOR which you can put onto a flash drive, so that nobody knows you have it, if they check your computer.

video.cnbc.com...
edit on 18-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

This thread was inspired by hearing Russia has been banning web sites that the rest of the world has access to.

Yeah , they do that here in England too , bloody annoying.

Is ATS available in Russia ?

Judging by the reaction to threads criticising Putin I don't think ATS is blocked there.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Read upon the "great firewall of China" and how many bypass it.

Also, governments can identify TOR nodes (although not what is going through them) and could get you that way. There have also been ways to compromise TOR nodes from within the network, so I wouldn't give much credence to any 'darknet' as being totally safe.

Ditto to any encryption tech with 'key escrow'. In a place where nearly everyone is blocked, those using bypass methods stand out as unusual and can be identified.

new topics

join