It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of Russia and the End Of the World....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I understand there may be those that see the world never ending.....But I beleive it to be of worthy notice to all.......

Below is a Lecture that was given in 1981 .....San Francisco, August 3, by Fr Seraphim Rose......
It is part prophecy of what is to come to the whole world..............

But why should we speak of the end of the world?
Are we really living in the last times of this world?
Why do we bind together the future of Russia and the end of the world?

Even secular writers speak of our �apocalyptic� times. And truly, the problems that plague the world today � the exhaustion of resources and food, overpopulation, the literal monsters created by modern technology, and especially weapons capable of destroying entire countries or even the whole civilized earth � all point to the approach of a crisis in human history quite beyond anything the world has ever seen, and perhaps to the literal end of life upon earth.

At the same time, religious thinkers point to the blossoming of non-Christian religious movements in our times and predict a �new age� in which a �new religious consciousness� will dominate men's minds and put an end to the 2000-year reign of Christianity. Astrologers refer to the �Aquarian Age� which they think is to begin around the year 2000. And the very approach of the year 2000 is enough to inspire in many minds the idea of a new epoch, somehow different from all the rest of human history.

The rest can be viewed here.......
www.sisqtel.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
the end of human life is not the end of the world

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The end of the Earthly world...........Day of judgement.....

Bodily death...........Resurrection of the living and the dead!

So when all will be judged ,then this world will be the End of the World!

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is only about the 500th time the world was supposed to come to an end....

Talk about crying "wolf".....

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
helen, I`d be grateful if you could explain the releveance of an article which is; anti communist, political in motivation, and is at best semi religious.

Whats your point here or are you just linking in the hope of a conversion

Sorry if this seems harsh but since the points you put seem to be taken directly from the article I`m not sure what your intention is with posting this piece.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This article is not about 'converting' anyone!

It is a prophecy.......if you read the whole article,it talks about Russia and their role in the future about the Antichrist.......New world order......and the whole world.

I am not trying to convert anyone!

Any one can read the article ........I beleive this to be true prophecy concerning the end of the world........what one makes of it .....is their own opinion..

There is no 'damage' done to read ........one can only learn ...what one does not know.

Gaz....this 500th time you are talking about.......Who said it?
Many religious people do speak of the end ......but it does not make it prophecy ......Aprophecy is to be taken seriously.....especially when a prophecy is fitting to the times..........
If someone needs your help........of-course you will try to help them!
Though it may not be real help.......you still should help...for one day,they may really need your help......
To turn your back is not the way to go........that one day when........
'' the boy cries wolf'' it may be for real.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
helen, I`d be grateful if you could explain the releveance of an article which is; anti communist, political in motivation, and is at best semi religious.

Whats your point here or are you just linking in the hope of a conversion

Sorry if this seems harsh but since the points you put seem to be taken directly from the article I`m not sure what your intention is with posting this piece.

Cassini I'm assuming that you read the whole article?
Well if so,then in the near future it will come to you.....and you will understand the relevance of this article.
helen.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Russia is in the news lately!
And so will be in alot more heard of!
As time goes by, there will be much more on what the word ''prophecy'' means....... and what is written down for the whole world to observe.....
helen.

Prophecy talks of the end of the world .........Prophecy relates to the whole of mankind......whether one beleives it or not....It is a prophecy that will be of great significance to humanity!

Watch the news and look at the worlds leaders talk of things to come of in the coming years!
The E.U........The U.N........and many leaders talking of a world summit that will involve the coming of the Antichrist!
Many prophetic words have been spoken of Russia and the coming of the Antichrist!
Great men/women of Faith that have dedicated their lives to serving God......have prepared the way to show the world what is to come!

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Prophecy is true when what...................................?

It is FULFILLED and is based on the 'true' TRUTH.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hmmm. Russia (Rosh) will figure prominentley in the near future. If one wants, read Ezek. 38.

The tribe Magog became the Scythians, who populated the steps of what is now Russia (soviet) and were reknown for their extreme brutality in warfare. If one were to think of the geo-political ramifications that surround Israel, the gulf access (oil) and the power that control over that area would bring, one would have to consider Russia's interest here.
Russia is in deep financial trouble and Putin is no panty waist when it comes to decisive action. Communism is sleeping not dead. Do we really believe that the Great Bear is going to lay down forever and give up thoughts of world power?

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
here's an article on Russia and the end of times..

The Russians will take Turkey. The Chinese will cross the Euphrates.

Providence tells me that many events will happen: The Russians will take Turkey and Turkey will disappear from the world map because a third of the Turks will become Christians, another third will die in the war and another third will leave for Mesopotamia.

The Mid-East will become a theater of a war in which the Russians will take place. Much blood will be spilled. The Chinese, with an army of 200 million, will cross the Euphrates and go all the way to Jerusalem. The sign that this event is approaching will be the destruction of the Mosque of Omar, for its destruction will mark the beginning of work by the Jews to rebuild the Temple of Solomon, which was built on the same spot.

There will be a great war between Russians and Europeans, and much blood will be spilled. Greece won't play a leading role in that war, but they'll give her Constantinople. Not because the Russians adore the Greeks, but because no better solution will be found. The city will be handed over to the Greek Army even before it has a chance to get there.

The Jews, inasmuch as they'll have great power and the help of the European leadership, will become proud and insolent beyond measure and conduct themselves shamelessly. They'll try to rule Europe.

They'll play all sorts of tricks, but the resulting persecutions will lead Christians to unite completely. However, they won't unite in the way desired by those who are now engaging in various machinations to create a single church united under a single religious leadership. Christians will unite because the unfolding situation will naturally separate the sheep from the goats. Then the prophecy: "one flock and one shepherd" will actually come to pass.

spoken by Elder Paissios before his death in 1994 Translated from a Russian translation of the Greek original ......

This is a prophecy that was spoken in the 3rd century and many other elders of the church spoke and prophecied ........all saying the same thing!
helen.

[Edited on 6/25/2003 by helen670]

Here's more interesting articles oag.ru...

[Edited on 6/25/2003 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Helen while I do agree Russia has made some very serious mistakes. Such as what you are discussing with respect to the end times/prophesis are not actually possible at this time. Because if Russia and China did such a thing the response from the US would result in a nuclear winter so long that no human life would be left
for the return of Christ.

The whole process would begin about an hour after Russian and or Chinese troops left their territory and the ending in all probability, will not leave much hope for life ever forming on Earth (to be honest).

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Toltec.....These prophecies do refer at the end of the world ..

Most of these prophecies are true ......as the other pophecies that were said have all came out 100%.....

It does sound unbelievable to many who dont know the fathers of the Church that spoke these .......Prophecy I believe is there to warn us about what is to happen.....and being prophecy from these great visionary men and women that led lives of great faith and fasting and prayer dedicated their lives to God received prophecy of what is to come to the whole world.
I'm not sure what else to say.....I do believe that this prophecy of Russia will happen!
When this prophecy shall come out ....I dont know....
This same prophecy was seen by many faith full people....many Saints of the church......dating from 3rd century up until the 20th century....all have been consistent to what is to happen......
pagan Rome was a type of a future godless kingdom which Antichrist shall establish.
The last Roman Empire, like the first,is destined to be hostile to the few Christians in its midst.
For the first few centuries of the Church's life,Rome was the source of the most intense persecutions.Saints Peter and Paul were both martyred in the imperial capital on june 29,A.D.67 or 68 . Peter was crucified upside down, and Paul was beheaded.
Nero used living Christian torches in his gardens.
Diocletian,who considered himself a god, initiated the most savage persecution in A.D. 303.
Imprisonement,torture and execution became routine.
Christians never were intimidated by these tortures....but the road to Christianity widened and Christianity was spread across the whole world.
Christians survived in the early century because of prayer........the prayer of the Publican ''God ,be merciful to me a sinner'' Luke(18:13)

''Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner''......... is a powerful prayer of the heart....it became a prayer that was recomended by ''St Ephrem,St Chrysostom,St Isaak of Syria,St .Hesychius,St Barsanuphious and John, and St John of the ladder.

The prayer above is a powerful short prayer that can be used in difficult times and situations....it does work when one truly believes because you fall to the mercy of God's help.....

I believe Toltec that when the time is right........people who have faith in the true God will know what to do and say at the last days.......it is up to the person to accept of his own 'free will' whom they wish to follow at the last days.......
helen...
Is there a specific question you would like to ask me ?
I guess I can only answer what I have read from early fathers of the church and what people have said to me living in Russia at the time of the persecutions that occured in the 1980's and 90's.....
Because Russia was told of what was to happen if they fell away from the teachings of God....prophecy came out as was said and will come out again........But this time it will be for the whole world....

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yes, Helen you are correct if memory serves they also refer to what is called in the Bible "A new heaven and a new earth and there was no more sea".

What Revelations is presenting is the
end of life as we understand it and the beginning of life after death for all mankind (as well as what heaven is today?)

A conclusion is there will be no death because everyone is already dead except for the ones who violated what Gods law really was, which will suffer a second death (ie..death of the soul)

Helen your suggesting you do not know when the end times will come but you allude to a matter which occurred in Russia in the 1980s and 90s.

The only issues I know of are with respect to the effects of the Russian Revolution, yes before the Soviet
Union fell there were many
persecutions.

A cause of which the idea of returning to communism in Russia is something that will probably never happen again.

Literally, the Soviet government tried to reinstate the Stalinist ethic and as a result the military rebelled.

What is scary about Russia is the weapons its missing.

Weapons that could be identified as coming from Russia and detonated in Europe could be confused as coming
from Russia even if they did not deliver them?

This is because WMD leave traces which can be identified as to where they were made.

We know where the missing weapons were made so if something went wrong with those weapons, there would be room for deliberation.

Helen, you know I respect (I would never condemn you for them) your beliefs but at the same time I do have to ask to what extent do you know the Fathers of the church that spoke these prophesies?

Also is it possible that because of prophesies disasters can be averted, in your opinion?

As far as the Chinese there are issues about them that make an invasion into other territories very unlikely

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Toltec....

The prophecies that I have mentioned have come out but a few have yet to come out......

The prophecies or the words spoken of by these men and women have seen what it would come to if the people fell away from the truth(God).......Before the Tzar of Russia was executed along with his family in 1918 there was a prophecy that it would happen and what will happen to Russia if it did........
Russia lost many people.........I think millions(not sure the exact number) and those that survived lived to tell the prophecy that was to happen.

You are correct in saying that Russia returning to communism.quote\\\A cause of which the idea of returning to communism in Russia is something that will probably never happen again.

Literally, the Soviet government tried to reinstate the Stalinist ethic and as a result the military rebelled. unquote///

It is said that Russia will rebuild it's Christian values again and become rich in faith....to what once people knew of Russian Orthodoxy.......this will be an example to the whole world....(as spoken of in prophecy)
I guess if one knows of the prophecy ...one foresees what lies ahead.....I dont think that by knowing the prophecy one can change it........If it is to come about,then it will .....lets say it's been forecast of a storm heading our way....one knows of it and does all they can to avoid the danger of it......you cannot stop the weather.......similar thing in my opinion.
helen.

[Edited on 6/26/2003 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
HERE IS SOME PROPHECIES RELATING PRIOR TO THE TZARS DEATH......

Seraphim of Sarov prophesied in clear words about the tragic fate foreordained by God for the Tsar who would be present at the Savor solemnity of faith, when there would be Pascha (Easter) in the midst of summer (the glorification and canonization of St. Seraphim in 1903).

According to his prophecy, if there would be repentance in the Russian people, God would yet have mercy on her, but first He would allow for a time the triumph of lawless men: the Tsar would to overthrown and killed, so that the people might know in experience what life was like under the Tsar anointed by God, and under the rule of men who have trampled underfoot the law of God. St. Seraphim, by revelation from God, wrote in his own hand a letter to the Tsar who would come to Sarov and Diveyevo, entrusting it to his friend Motovilov, who gave it to Abbess Maria, who in turn handed it personally to Emperor Nicholas II in Diveyevo on July 20, 1903.

What was written in the letter remains a secret, but one can suppose that the holy elder saw all that was to happen and warned against the frightful events to come... (Source: Abbot Seraphim, Peking, 1920, in Orthodox Russia, 1981, No.1).

Metropolitan Macarius of Moscow in 1917 saw a vision the Savior speaking to Tsar Nicholas:

"You see," said the Lord, "two cups in my hands: one is bitter for your people, and the other is sweet for you."
In the vision the Tsar begged for the bitter cup. The Savior then took a large glowing coal from the cup and put it in the Tsar's hands. The Tsar's whole body began to grow light, until he was shining like a radiant spirit. Then the vision changed to a field of flowers, in the middle of which Nicholas was distributing manna to a multitude of people.
A voice spoke: "The Tsar has taken the guilt of the Russian people upon himself and the Russian people is forgiven." Nicholas himself once said: "Perhaps an expiatory sacrifice is need for Russia's salvation. I will be that sacrifice. May God's will be done!" (Source: Orthodox America, Oct.-Nov. 1981., Richfield Springs, NY., p. 5).

Tsar Martyr Nicholas II also said and remarked to his advisors: "I have a secret conviction that I am destined for a terrible trial, that I shall not receive my reward on this earth." (Source: Orthodox America, Oct-Nov. 1981., Richfield, NY., p. 5).

MORE FROM HERE.......
www.fr-d-serfes.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I do not see visions of the future in just that way (as a storm) but rather as conclusions developed in some way which offer insight into what potentially may
occur.

St. Seraphim

Its apparent that St. Seraphim was a Godly man but the idea that the Tzars would fall, given the years he was a priest was well within the realm of common sense.

I do not know how much you know about the conditions in Russia prior to the fall of the Tsar's. But from what I understand they were much worst than what was going on in France or for that matter the US prior to those revolts.

St. Seraphim died in 1833 Helen and in 1835 Karl Marx was writing about his future.

By January of 1905 what was known as Bloody Sunday had occurred....

Bloody Sunday

On the ninth of January, 1905, by order of the tsar, a peaceful demonstration of St. Petersburg workers were brutally shot down. The workers had been lead by the priest Gapon, and were marching towards the Winter Palace to present a petition to the tsar.

A wave of mass political strikes and demonstrations ensued all over Russia, under the slogan of "Down with the autocracy!" The events of January 9 marked the beginning of the revolution of 1905-07.

By March of 1917 Czar Nicholas II abdicates and by October of 1917 The Soviet government is formed, with Lenin as Chairman.

Timeline

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I just don't see Russia as being able to do anything in the near nor distant future.

They are a crumbling people, their height of power was only acheived by the nearly inhuman and utterly complete control of a "super-government" that ruled it's people like a machine and the people it's oil.

It took the concerted effort of 15% of the population working over time to oversee the other 85%, to get that nation to even half of what America achieved in the late 1860s.

I seriously doubt Russia will "destroy the world" or have anything to do with the end times.

However, China...is another story.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hello HuramAbi and welcome to ATS

With all due respect China cannot feed herself without the help of the US.

Considering a major offensive and or invasion would not only require food but as well as a staunch ally.

My response was taking into consideration the date of your membership, keep in mind any response should take into consideration the topic of this forum which is
Religion and Spiritualism

Enjoy the net

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Russia is no threat to the West.
Give it a few more years and it is very likely that she will become part of the EU. I would imagine closer, visible ties to start taking shape in the near future.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Cold War is over. It is finished. The West won and there is no way for Russia to go back to the old Soviet days.

Communism and Capitilism were the doctrines that the war was fought over. The Russians finally discovered that it would never work for them - they could never win. Capitilism defeated their version of Communism. The Capitalist system that is forming in place in it's society now means that a future war is highly unlikely. As every day goes by, Russia is coming over to the West more and more.
They are our friends now.

I guess old suspicions take a long time to die though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join