It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Arab Emirates sees first ever snow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

SNOW has fallen over the United Arab Emirates for the first time ever, leaving a white blanket over the mountains of Ras al-Khaimah as the desert country experienced a cold spell and above-average rainfall.

The snow fell over the Al-Jees mountain range in Ras al-Khaimah, the most northerly member of the UAE federation, Dubai airport's meteorology department reported.

The English-language Gulf News reported that the mountain cluster at 1737m above sea level "had heavy night-time snowfall for the past two days as a result of temperatures dropping to as low as minus five Celsius" and stunning the emirate's residents.

Link

More unusual weather. I wonder if this was related to the earths wobble after the Asian quake?

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hmm..

I just saw something about a tornado in LA, now I hear this about snow in the UAE. I think we're seeing a large number of very unusual occurences in the weather, all happening in a brief amount of time. The sun is getting darker (or at least transmitting reduced radiation to the earth's surface) and that is probably the primary cause of this snow. That's my guess anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hmn - weird and weirder is going to be... check this one as well...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
yea talk about strange, I live in Michigan, and it hit 65 degrees in the 2nd week of December! It is supposed to reach 50 by this weekend. We usually dont get above 40-45 after halloween, until about May!

top topics

join