It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stopped using TV/Computer - and it was awesome !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Careful; the powers that be might have you collected for reprogramming!

I virtually never watch television news, and never the game shows or soaps, or any daytime television. Well, it might be on days, but it's for older shows, maybe recorded, or something off Netflix. I applaud your decision; takes willpower! Now, if we could just get people to communicate some way other than social media......

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I heard twitter has significantly increased their input string length.

I doubt any of the users know how to communicate in more than 140 characters anyway lol.
edit on 17-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Someone made a thread here a long time ago about how they packed up some stuff and went out into the wilderness for 2 weeks in a little camper. It was a meditation journey for him. He said it changed his life more than any experience he ever had. Not because it was overly exciting, but because it got him back in touch with what it meant to be a living being here on Earth and here and now. Also said he heard/saw Bigfoot, but that's a big tangent.

Your story reminded me of that. Good for you m8. I think everyone should disconnect a little more from the cyber world and interface with the real thing.

I've not watched TV in years, but I use the internet wayyy too much. I just have nobody to do anything with and live in the middle of nowhere, so I rarely feel like walking, going swimming etc. but I would choose a life with 1- hour of internet a day if I could.
edit on 8/17/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Now that I call brave.. I don't seem to last ten minutes without that technological addiction... I think they should build rehab centres for cell phones,ipads,laptops,consoles and Netflix. ..

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OP is exactly right.

I stopped watching television years ago. Now I'm down to only checking a couple of sites online: some youtube, some top gear, ATS, and occasionally reddit.

FB I unfortunately use to contact friends around the world--but that seems be an unavoidable evil if I want stay in contact with those people.

But yeah--I'm way happier, way healthier, and way more productive than ever before.

Television (and tons of the internet--stop the pr0n, people) does nothing but destroy healthy minds.

Meditation can heal them again.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I heard twitter has significantly increased their input string length.

I doubt any of the users know how to communicate in more than 140 characters anyway lol.

I never could see the point of using a site that effectively makes you a "twit"! Yeah, yeah, I know, they call it "tweeting". You are probably right about their users, too!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join