It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I can't seem to understand...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
... is how after the shenanigans that were pulled the last two elections, and the raging idea of truth surrounding politics and the corporate owned/politically driven media, that anyone can believe for even a second that any possible "good" choice for President of the United States would be given media coverage at all.

It's like a progressive 4 year cycle with Americans, where they are exposed to the fraud that is the election system, given a rest period to calm down and forget what they saw, and then they go back into the mud pit as if their voice mattered and it wasn't rigged to begin with, as if each and every person from all the parties who are leading in these media run "polls" (popularity contests), is anything more than a stooge who is going to continue the same dog and pony show as the last holder of the office.

I wish I had the time and motivation to argue about topics that honestly don't even matter and never will instead of trying to find a solution to fix the problem.

The US Presidential elections, if anything, is the most sound and realistic example to the age old adage of "what is insanity?". Repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. What wonderful lab rats humanity makes.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

I'm not defending the election process but the campaigns hire a lot of people. I'm currently working for the local GOP on their media/propaganda team. Pays very well, lots of OT, huge staff, plenty of pretty young interns, and it's a union gig....ironic eh? It's a great job until it ends in 16.

Ignore it or don't take it seriously...it's just a show
edit on 16-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It comes down to apathy, combined with the attention span of your typical two year old (I know, I should put down two year olds like that...).

Most people are lazy. I am. They don't, not can't, take the time to be informed about the events around them. Locally. State. National. International. Most take no interest in events happening in their own backyards...OK, their neighbors backyard, I want to give 'em a little credit.

Until there is some sort of paradigm shift in attitude about politics, it's not going to change. Ever.

You'd think, with modern instant media, it would be otherwise, but if anything its worse. Due quite probably to the very tsunami of information crashing down upon us hourly/daily.

In their apathy, they tune it out.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Simple answer: the majority of the voting public, on both sides, is stupid. Period.

The long answer: they're brainwashed with their preferred brand of partisan guff, constantly spewed with glitter and flakes of pyrite, like deer caught in headlights. Apathy, ignorance, and "hope" that a president who tells them everything they want to hear and will magically change things. People can barely recall what they did last week, or yesterday, so of course they won't recall the BS from previous election. Not to mention, most are too stupid to even see that anything is *wrong* except the talking points they constantly hear by the people who believe what they believe (or who act like they believe what they want people to think they believe).

They just keep eating and regurgitating the crap that they're fed and believe it at face value, and why...

because people are stupid.

Cyclic stupidity. And a cyclic charade that they can be saved from the evils that are the other party.

Oh wait, the wife just came home with McDonald's, the kids are screaming, and O'Reilly is coming on the air. Gotta go get informed and fed.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You're right. It IS insane. What we need is a good, old-fashioned dictatorship. I would prefer an enlightened dictatorship ala Vladimir Putin as opposed to an unenlightened one such as we see in North Korea, but the fact is dictatorships, when properly run, show a consistency of power and foreign policy that the so-called "democracies" simply cannot attain. It's not just that the average IQ is 100 with half the population at or lower than that, but even self-professed "smart people," the intelligentsia, are emotionally driven by whatever propaganda suits their fancy at any given time. But a dictatorship, particularly with a youngish dictator, can provide stability over a couple of generations rather than this see-saw back-and-forth crap we see today.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well, you smeared that nail across the landscape fairly thoroughly there! The two peoblems with the way democracy seems to work at the moment are as follows in my estimation.

1) People keep voting for powerful powerful people who want more power. Putting ones name forward for candidacy should make one automatically bar them from ever attaining office. Frankly, its a job no one who has any conception of what it entails would want UNLESS they happen to have selfish motives.

2) No one seems to be interested in developing a real alternative to the hegemony that exists at the moment.

Those two combined are doing more to poison the well of political development, than any factor, or combination of factor at play these days.
edit on 16-8-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar corrections. New device, still familiarising myself with interface... bear with me!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I liken it to an abused wife who allows her husband to come back home after the last 4 years of abuse.

"He won't hurt me this time! He promised!"

new topics

top topics

join