It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse me sir, but who does your electricity?……. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Guys please don't get me wrong on this, i am sure that its a pretty crap job being one of these poor people standing outside in the rain getting told to piss off by everyone who walks by when all you are trying to do is ask a quick question.

I am well used to them for the most part i do just ignore them

But in the last few months there have just been so many its getting really annoying.

And the guy's dressed as wall street bankers trying to find out about my gas and electricity.... that really does annoy me.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Got back from Tenerife last week. Now, THEY know how to be persistent! The North African guys with handbags, shades and cheap weed. They station themselves every 40 yards or so and every single one of them will get your attention and try and sell one to you. That's a lot of 'No thank yous' and they'd come over to tables outside bars and restaurants too; every day and every night.

It's a cultural thing. They see the hustle as part of the game whereas we see it as intrusive. One thing stood out too, not one of them was unhealthy - all well-fed and their wives were big ladies too.

By the end of the holiday, it was frustrating, annoying and took a shine off the overall place.

With our UK panhandlers and sales people, I tell the RAC that I'm a member. I tell Sky I'm already a customer. Basically, telling all of them that I'm a happy customer of whatever they're selling leaves them nowhere to go. They want commissions, not existing customers.

It's a shame because I sympathise with all of them trying to make a living from Tenerife to the shopping centres of the UK. We can't give every seller a commitment, contract or money can we?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Another idea, this isn't as prevelent in the US likely because so many people here have ear buds jammed in their ears and a smartphone in their hand. Seems like a great way to utterly ignore an irritant...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yesterday I was on my way for a coffee and was aggressively solicited by some guy loitering in the shade at the gas station.

"Hey, come help me out." the guy yelled as I passed.

It was a combination of sexual condensation implying I was a hooker or a woman of loose morals and also dripping with tones of "gimmie some money or I'll remember you and stalk you".

I called the local PD on his ass.

That guy was in perfectly fine form and needs to get a real job.

Total creeper.

I hope the officer nailed his ass.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I do feel sorry for the folks who walk around with those sandwich boards or il luminous signs on a stick advertising all you can eat Chinese restaurants. Your life has been devalued so much that you are just a walking advert.still at least they are making an effort, we can't all be bankers and corporate success stories.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i dont have a problem on the street like many of you,
BUT...everyone seems to know my phone number!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join