It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Savage bomb attack in Iraq kills more than 60

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
ISIS (most probably) has done it again !! 60 innocents who were buying their daily needs in a market in sadr city were killed and more than 200 injured . why ? they were "infidel dog shias"

the driver is so in heaven now , you've no idea how God will greet him : like a hero .

At least 60 people were killed and 200 wounded in a bomb attack on Thursday at a market in Baghdad's Sadr City district, police and medical sources said, in one of the largest attacks on the capital since Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi took office a year ago.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast in the Shi'ite Muslim neighborhood, but Islamic State, ultra-radical Sunni militants who seized swathes of northern and western Iraq last year, regularly send bombers into the capital.

www.reuters.com...

You know who i blame ? not the Iraqis , nor anyone else .

I blame my own country - Iran - for having some coward leaders . they think direct intervention will break the - 300 years of non-interventionism record - that Iran has . i'm so sorry for being impolite , but F that .

people are dying in the region and the only one who can do sth is sitting her a$$ all night day wishing a miracle comes true .

it's the main problem with us muslims . we sit on our bums and hope things go straight . well guess what ? it's not .

1 billion muslim in the world and a couple of hundred thousand terrorists are shaping our image and daily life . lazy A$$ people
edit on 13-8-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Sad to see that this is happening.

I will comment more later.

Damn shame with all that is attempting to fix things

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
ISIS (most probably) has done it again !! 60 innocents who were buying their daily needs in a market in sadr city were killed and more than 200 injured . why ? they were "infidel dog shias"

the driver is so in heaven now , you've no idea how God will greet him : like a hero .

At least 60 people were killed and 200 wounded in a bomb attack on Thursday at a market in Baghdad's Sadr City district, police and medical sources said, in one of the largest attacks on the capital since Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi took office a year ago.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast in the Shi'ite Muslim neighborhood, but Islamic State, ultra-radical Sunni militants who seized swathes of northern and western Iraq last year, regularly send bombers into the capital.

www.reuters.com...

You know who i blame ? not the Iraqis , nor anyone else .

I blame my own country - Iran - for having some coward leaders . they think direct intervention will break the - 300 years of non-interventionism record - that Iran has . i'm so sorry for being impolite , but F that .

people are dying in the region and the only one who can do sth is sitting her a$$ all night day wishing a miracle comes true .

it's the main problem with us muslims . we sit on our bums and hope things go straight . well guess what ? it's not .

1 billion muslim in the world and a couple of hundred thousand terrorists are shaping our image and daily life . lazy A$$ people

It's a humanitarian issue, not Muslim or any race or religion. When people of all religion, race, and nationalities will respect the lives of their fellow man...then progress can be made.
edit on 13-8-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

So he blows people up and gets to go to heaven . Not a good look . Or did you miss write that .

Sorry , missed the sarcasm .

edit on 13-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome

It's a humanitarian issue, not Muslim or any race or religion. When people of all religion, race, and nationalities will respect the lives of their fellow man...then progress can be made.

Sure , but if you ask average people in non-muslim countries what they think about Islam , at least for a second ISIS passes their minds .

thats very disturbing . as i said , there are 1 billion muslims and 200 thousand of them are shaping the image of Islam around the world .

it's very unfair and untrue .

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

So he blows people up and gets to go to heaven . Not a good look . Or did you miss write that .
I was being sarcastic . i think i'm really bad with sarcasm cause it's actually the second time i've mislead you . sorry

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Would you rather your home country Iran do nothing?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

i think i'm really bad with sarcasm cause it's actually the second time i've mislead you .

Nah mate, your sarcasm was perfectly obvious to the majority of people who read it.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Would you rather your home country Iran do nothing?
of course i would .

I believe all muslim countries are obliged to do so . Iran is just arming the Iraqi Army and quite frankly - and obviously - it's not enough . not at all

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Sure , but if you ask average people in non-muslim countries what they think about Islam , at least for a second ISIS passes their minds .

Just out of curiosity, how much of that is due specifically from meme propagation?

If it wasn't from said propagation, would the average non-Muslim country have the faintest inkling of anything in the ME?

Personally, I don't think Iran or Iraq even exists and you are just a figment of my imagination.

On a more serious note, kudos to you for taking ownership of the problem. Blaming others is as effective as sticking your head in the sand and far less effective than meme propagation. It'd be nice to see a strong influential country in the ME bridging a relationship with the west without actually having to "sell-out". Good luck with that!

If it ever happens maybe one day I can visit and you can be my guide.

edit on 13-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Just out of curiosity, how much of that is due specifically from meme propagation?

If it wasn't from said propagation, would the average non-Muslim country have the faintest inkling of anything in the ME?

Personally, I don't think Iran or Iraq even exists and you are just a figment of my imagination.

you know there comes a time when you just had enough of everything . i have had enough of these kinda news coming up on a daily basis .

enough innocent people have been killed due to unfortunate existence of some savages .

enough is enough . nothing's gonna change if we sit on our couches doing nothing
edit on 13-8-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Outside of being an non-interventionalist, what can Iran do?

Send peace keeping troops?

Close the straights?

Declare war against ISIS?

If you declared war against ISIS do you know who you would be fighting? Who finances them? And by proxy, a direct confrontation with other regional neighbors in the ME who decry ISIS but offers supply dumps?

How can Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, IsraelE and so forth, get along?

edit on 13-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Outside of being an non-interventionalist, what can Iran do?

Send peace keeping troops?

Close the straights?

Declare war against ISIS?

If you declared war against ISIS do you know who you would be fighting? Who finances them? And by proxy, a direct confrontation with other regional neighbors in the ME who decry ISIS but offers supply dumps?

Peace keeping ? peace keeper troops are deployed when the 2 sides are some civilized fractions that are in beef with each other .

there is no "peace" in their vocabulary .

Yes i mean a direct engagement of ISIS and it's affiliates (Al-nusra , ahrar al-sham , .... ) . the regional supporters of ISIS have been supporting the same groups in Afghanistan and pakistan for many years no .

thats how Al-nusra got it's hand on US made TOW missiles actually - only one country in the region has that kind of advanced missiles - you can guess who .

they can't and won't do anything in case of a regional cooperation against this savage group .

the whole region is tired of this BS

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Nah mate you did not mislead me , perhaps my sarcasm meter is turned down a bit after a hard day at work . I quite enjoy your posts especially as you live in the mid east and are probably one of the few that are truly qualified to comment on a lot of these type of issues .

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I actually agree with you in a lot of aspects. Unlike her Arab neighbors, Iran actually has a functional military, and will not turn tail and run from ISIS. The biggest problem is that Iranian intervention will provoke everyone into warfare, because for some strange reason, people remain more paranoid of Iran than ISIS. The Iranian leadership might be nutty as hell in some things, they are nowhere near the levels of ISIS depravity.

No one else in the region seems to care or wants to do anything about ISIS.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

So only one solution can bring this to a close. The actors must all be exposed. The emperor musn't be adorning attire, as it were. Nothing short of this will bring any great change. How that is accomplished is anyone's guess.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Your wrote:
"I blame my own country - Iran - for having some coward leaders . they think direct intervention will break the - 300 years of non-interventionism record - that Iran has "

I'm confused and for that I apologize but...... is it not true that Iran is probably the only country in region immediate to Iraq that has the power to facilitate the division of Iraq into Sunni (ISIS) controlled region and Shia (Iranian protected) region? Only Iran has the power to make that division and draw the hard line in the sand to stop ISIS in its tracks and thereby bring peace to the occupants of the area.

Looking at the situation from afar, it appears that Turkey wants no part of the problem; Syria is hopeless; Jordan isn't powerful enough and Iraq isn't really a "country" anymore. Only Iran can bring any semblance of peace to the area through a sectarian divide of the land formerly known as Iraq.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Your wrote:
"I blame my own country - Iran - for having some coward leaders . they think direct intervention will break the - 300 years of non-interventionism record - that Iran has "

I'm confused and for that I apologize but...... is it not true that Iran is probably the only country in region immediate to Iraq that has the power to facilitate the division of Iraq into Sunni (ISIS) controlled region and Shia (Iranian protected) region? Only Iran has the power to make that division and draw the hard line in the sand to stop ISIS in its tracks and thereby bring peace to the occupants of the area.

Looking at the situation from afar, it appears that Turkey wants no part of the problem; Syria is hopeless; Jordan isn't powerful enough and Iraq isn't really a "country" anymore. Only Iran can bring any semblance of peace to the area through a sectarian divide of the land formerly known as Iraq.

So who draws the short end? Or will they "share" resources? How can Iran facilitate that? Kurds and Shia would get all of the primary oil revenues would they not?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I've not looked at the oil map lately, but my guess is that as far as Iraq is concerned, ISIS would get the short end; Iran would have Baghdad and Southern Iraq; the Kurds would end up with some, if not all of the northern fields.

But.....I think ISIS already has the Syrian oil fields and will end up with a Mediterranean port in Syria. Biggest loser in this may be the Kurds unless a coalition steps in to actively assist their defence and Turkey may not agree to that. But the Kurds in Northern Iraq do have a good, functioning airport and a decent defence system in place.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The issue of ISIS is not an issue of Sunni Vs. Shia . today you can see tens of thousands of Sunnis fighting against ISIS in both Iraq and Syria .

A divided Iraq is the worst thing that could happen to Iran's interests in the region and thats for sure not the answer to these problems .

Iraq is not exactly a united country , but one thing for sure : they can still overcome these issues and haven't yet entered the "hopeless phase" as you said .

Please note that this is not a "civil war" . this is terrorism 2015 version . not that Shia-Sunni rift doesn't exist , it does , but ISIS is not related to it .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join